PDA

View Full Version : If you're fully Vaccinated, you can stop wearing a MASK!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Raziel
05-13-2021, 06:08 PM
Now, if you go to a store or a restaurant you might be fucked because that's the store's policy. But anywhere else you need no mask! Maybe that Vaccine card they give you will ease things, but most places will probably still require a Mask. BUT YOU CAN GO TO THE PARK AGAIN!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

miss.a.p1600
05-13-2021, 08:41 PM
I see this going haywire.

So this means business will probably keep enforcing masks unless they have a vaccine checker at the door patrolling the entrance.

I actually think restaurant workers should keep their masks on. I do not want people talking n spitting over my food.

I also think people should be respectful and keep a distance. I like the 6ft is fine I hate that itís now 3ft and Iím not cool with that.

This whole thing is actually ridiculous. Iím just going to keep doing what I was doing before. Avoid crowds n go to places that have certain efficiencies in place

anywho,
Maybe now you can have a maskless talk to your ex girlfriend without her tensing up lol!

Raziel
05-13-2021, 11:56 PM
Maybe now you can have a maskless talk to your ex girlfriend without her tensing up lol!

Hard pass on that.

rickdugan
05-14-2021, 03:00 AM
I found this pronouncement to be rather funny actually. :)

As a practical matter, most businesses are unlikely to make any attempt to verify who is and is not vaccinated when they come in. Just think about the logistical challenges in that, nevermind pissing off a certain percentage of your customers.

Then there are children, most of whom don't qualify for a vaccine even if parents were inclined to give it to them. Does anyone actually believe that we are going to continue to force low risk children to wear them when adults are allowed to go mask free? ::)

This was one last gasping attempt by the CDC to try to tie vaccines to mask removal. Nobody is really listening to the CDC much now anyway, especially once they started with the double mask requirement at the beginning of the new Administration and then have continued to move around the goal posts in response to political pressures. They've pretty much lost all credibility at this point.

Raziel
05-14-2021, 03:09 AM
I
I actually think restaurant workers should keep their masks on. I do not want people talking n spitting over my food.
Just to be clear, I don't want ANYONE, stranger or not, spitting on my food. I love my Daughter, make no mistake, but if she spit on my food she's gonna get boxed in the head. :P

rickdugan
05-14-2021, 03:36 AM
Just to be clear, I don't want ANYONE, stranger or not, spitting on my food. I love my Daughter, make no mistake, but if she spit on my food she's gonna get boxed in the head. :P

Are you really going to hit your baby girl just for getting her saliva in your food? Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came across. When you share meals and space with your child accidents are bound to happen. Shoot I've lost track of all the things my kids "contaminated" over the years, especially when they were younger and got it into their heads to "feed Daddy" lol. But some men are wired differently I suppose.

Raziel
05-14-2021, 04:16 AM
Dude, seriously. Do you not know sarcasm? I thought the emoticon at the end made it clear.

rickdugan
05-14-2021, 04:24 AM
Alrighty then. In the future you might wish to avoid even joking about something like that, but of course that's your call. You never know how others might read it, especially when your posting style includes a lot of melodrama and hyperbole. Just sayin.

miss.a.p1600
05-14-2021, 05:28 AM

Usually the spitting over food is beyond that person’s awareness......unless they’re feeling vengeful and or psychopathic.....but it’s the main reason I do not eat food made by kids (or adults with low awareness/attention to detail) unless I saw them make it and can correct them if they do something gross.

Waiters n cooks do talk while serving/cooking and if they happen to have your plate right in front of them it’s likely their saliva drops can spray onto your food. This is way less likely if they have on masks during food prep/delivery while your food is uncovered.

I think hair nets, gloves, and mouth covering should be part of wait staffs uniform.

Do you think your daughter will ever work in a restaurant? If so what’s the likelihood she has you as a customer?

One time my then baby cousin had a birthday party complete with cake, candles, etc. It’s time to blow out the candles on the cake and do you know what the precious little two year old did? Thinking she was blowing the candles she was kind of spit-blowing the candles. One of my no-chill adult relatives was like “Um I am NOT eating that cake after you spit all over it”

Raziel
05-14-2021, 05:35 AM
Do you think your daughter will ever work in a restaurant? If so whatís the likelihood she has you as a customer?

I doubt it. Maybe as a first job, she can't get one now, but she's after something else.

Raziel
05-14-2021, 05:39 AM
especially when your posting style includes a lot of melodrama and hyperbole.

Melodrama and hyperbole are my tuck and trade. Can't do what I do without those. Look, I'm not tripping off you but I tend to think that people know sarcasm when they see it. Read my sig.

WendiStarr
05-15-2021, 03:49 AM
Don't get too excited. I currently have a relative in ICU fighting for her life, despite having been fully vaccinated last month.

miss.a.p1600
05-15-2021, 07:54 AM
^thats horrible that happened to your relative.

Does anyone suspect that the vaccine caused an adverse reaction or that before her immune system could strengthen up she inadvertently picked it up from someone somehow?

That’s the only downside with these vaccines is if you get sick afterwards the medical “professionals” will convince you it wasn’t the vaccine it was the transmission of the live virus.

slowpoke
05-15-2021, 10:13 AM
Food service workers and others used to have to get health cards. Why did that stop?

trustfundkiller
05-15-2021, 01:46 PM
Here it seems like the businesses that are allowing vaccinated people to go maskless are basically going off of the honor system. No one is checking vaccine cards at the door. Those who are unvaccinated and choosing not to wear masks will just have to deal with the consequences. I am fully vaxxed and unsure of what I will do. There are places, like airports/airplanes, where I think I'll continue to wear the mask regardless of Covid.

moneybags
05-15-2021, 02:15 PM
Here it seems like the businesses that are allowing vaccinated people to go maskless are basically going off of the honor system. No one is checking vaccine cards at the door. Those who are unvaccinated and choosing not to wear masks will just have to deal with the consequences. I am fully vaxxed and unsure of what I will do. There are places, like airports/airplanes, where I think I'll continue to wear the mask regardless of Covid.

babe...all we can do is surrender to the this insanity. Detach and focus on what we can control. Do what YOU think is best. If you wanna wear a mask then wear a mask. It’s no different than wearing shoes in my opinion. We wear shoes so we don’t step on rocks or get diseases (there’s not many serious diseases you get from walking barefoot, but you get my point-shoes protect our feet!) I plan on wearing my masks until I feel safe.

I’m not listening to anyone else. I know what’s best for me. I have to surrender to the insanity and focus on what I can control. The collective energy is just too dark and dank for me alone to do anything other than keep myself safe. I’ll do what i can, when i can, but other than that just focus on taking care of myself and those deserving of my love and light.

Thank god I’m a cam model hermit!

eagle2
05-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Don't get too excited. I currently have a relative in ICU fighting for her life, despite having been fully vaccinated last month.

It's possible she caught the virus before she was fully vaccinated. I've heard of cases of this happening.

As of mid-April, of the approximately 77 million people fully vaccinated, approximately 5,800 have caught the virus. Of those 5,800 cases, 396 required hospitalization, and 74 people died.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/health/breakthrough-infections-covid-vaccines-cdc/index.html

I hope your relative's treatment is successful and she gets well soon.

LoveyDovey
05-15-2021, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry about your relative, but I am grateful that you shared this. I had both shots of Moderna but I will continue to mask up and distance until my city's covid numbers hit zero. Right now we're at about 180 new cases per day.

eagle2
05-15-2021, 09:40 PM
Nursing home residents have the highest death rates of any group, and were the first to be vaccinated. Here's a chart showing the decline in nursing home deaths since the vaccine came out:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/02/25/us/nursing-home-covid-vaccine.html

https://i.imgur.com/kPLersR.png

New cases:

https://i.imgur.com/xYUUKBT.png

From the article:

From late December to early February, new cases among nursing home residents fell by more than 80 percent, nearly double the rate of improvement in the general population. The trendline for deaths was even more striking: Even as fatalities spiked over all this winter, deaths inside the facilities have fallen, decreasing by more than 65 percent.

“I’m almost at a loss for words at how amazing it is and how exciting,” said Dr. David Gifford, the chief medical officer for the American Health Care Association, which represents thousands of long-term care facilities across the country.

“If we are seeing a robust response with this vaccine with the elderly with a highly contagious disease,” he said, “I think that’s a great sign for the rest of the population.”

eagle2
05-16-2021, 01:04 AM
Here’s the science that convinced the CDC to lift mask mandates
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/s-science-convinced-cdc-lift-mask-mandates-rcna932

rickdugan
05-17-2021, 06:11 AM
I found this pronouncement to be rather funny actually. :)

As a practical matter, most businesses are unlikely to make any attempt to verify who is and is not vaccinated when they come in. Just think about the logistical challenges in that, nevermind pissing off a certain percentage of your customers.

Then there are children, most of whom don't qualify for a vaccine even if parents were inclined to give it to them. Does anyone actually believe that we are going to continue to force low risk children to wear them when adults are allowed to go mask free? ::)

I hate quoting myself, but I just want to add that just a few days later that this has unleashed quite a wave of policy reversals.

Costco, Trader Joe's, Walmart, Publix, Starbucks and a slew of other retailers have ditched mask mandates, but of course they do expect that those who are unvaccinated to continue to wear masks...*wink* *wink*

My kids school district has already sent out an email indicating that masks will not be required for the 2021-2022 school year starting in August (September in many northern states).

Even my local church ditched them like hot coals once the CDC gave them the air cover to do so, again of course for those who are fully vaccinated...again *wink* *wink*.

Now ok, everyone knows that I was never a strong proponent of mask mandates and thought they went too long. But regardless, I think that one solid message that Biden communicated in his speech the other day is that it is important for those of us who choose to forego masks to continue to show courtesy for those who choose to wear them. The last thing we need is for anyone to be made to feel bad about making a personal protective decision, even if it is one that we dislike.

sugartaste
05-19-2021, 09:59 AM
You will have to pry my mask out of my cold, dead hands. I almost died at 39 from Covid...never again will I go through that.

Marina Starr
05-19-2021, 10:08 AM
I will continue to wear mask when indoors, surrounded by people I don't know. The vaccine is not perfect. When I'm out and about, I see many people are still wearing mask. I feel people that are still wearing mask are more likely been vaccinated. Those that have always been anti mask are likely don't care about getting vaccinated either.

Another good thing about wearing mask is not having creepy ass men tell you to smile.

Raziel
05-19-2021, 01:27 PM
Another good thing about wearing mask is not having creepy ass men tell you to smile.

Yeah, that is pretty creepy. Men like to see a Woman's smile, but do something to MAKE her smile. It's better.

Luci Fer
05-19-2021, 10:33 PM
I will continue to wear mask when indoors, surrounded by people I don't know. The vaccine is not perfect. When I'm out and about, I see many people are still wearing mask. I feel people that are still wearing mask are more likely been vaccinated. Those that have always been anti mask are likely don't care about getting vaccinated either.

Love to wear it too, it's also like an additional protection - not just physically, but mentally. It is like a reminder that people should keep a distance. Ugh, I hate when they don't, hated it even before the pandemic. I don't really care if they wear/not wear masks, if they keep a proper distance...Nowadays it's just more than simple courtesy. But if they don't wear it and stand closer than I feel they should, I just lose my shit. Like, go home and hug your damn pillow if you need to rub yourself against something/someone.

DeathAndTaxes
05-19-2021, 11:23 PM
Being asked to smile is a power play, its goal is not to make people happier but to either exert control if they smile or generate discomfort if they refuse, same for wolf-whistling on the street it is not about honestly expecting a positive outcome but more of exertion of influence.

The only way to win this little game is the third option, but I will be accused of mansplaining so I will keep quiet ;)

Luci Fer
05-20-2021, 12:36 AM
Being asked to smile is a power play, its goal is not to make people happier but to either exert control if they smile or generate discomfort if they refuse, same for wolf-whistling on the street it is not about honestly expecting a positive outcome but more of exertion of influence.

The only way to win this little game is the third option, but I will be accused of mansplaining so I will keep quiet ;)

I never thought about it, but always felt discomfort when being asked to smile, so it must be true:( What's the third option? I don't care about mansplaining or womansplaining, but since you made a hint, you gotta tell the whole story now ;p
So far, the only option I can think of is to give the ugliest smile a human being can make }:D

Raziel
05-20-2021, 01:42 AM
So far, the only option I can think of is to give the ugliest smile a human being can make }:D

Yeah, but guys do like it. It's just when dudes are all fucked up about it that it's bad. Maybe tell her a joke or something. Take her ziplining. Roller-skating. Maybe the Art Museum. Here in Saint Louis I like to take Women to the Science Center. Something like that, you'll get plenty of smiles. No need to ask her to smile, MAKE HER SMILE FOR REAL.

miss.a.p1600
05-20-2021, 05:07 AM
Love to wear it too, it's also like an additional protection - not just physically, but mentally. It is like a reminder that people should keep a distance. Ugh, I hate when they don't, hated it even before the pandemic. I don't really care if they wear/not wear masks, if they keep a proper distance...Nowadays it's just more than simple courtesy. But if they don't wear it and stand closer than I feel they should, I just lose my shit. Like, go home and hug your damn pillow if you need to rub yourself against something/someone.

Agree.

I shop with a rolling basket and use that as a buffer.

The social distancing should remain because seriously why does a stranger need to be so close you can literally feel them. No! And No!

How tf am I supposed to know you got a vaccine? I treat everyone as if they are sick until they prove otherwise.

I’m also not waiting in lines where strangers can get that close to me and most likely not be wearing a mask.

miss.a.p1600
05-20-2021, 05:16 AM
I also think the government wants to give incentive for people who chomping at the bits to ditch their masks AND have participated in their vaccine study.

If people felt like they still HAD to wear masks despite being vaccinated then they’d be like “fuck it, what’s the point of the vaccine then”

Meanwhile - the coronavirus numbers are still rising in these parts.

Marina Starr
05-20-2021, 06:26 AM
I totally feel you. Pandemic or not, I don't want people in my personal space.

Love to wear it too, it's also like an additional protection - not jut,st physically, but mentally. It is like a reminder that people should keep a distance. Ugh, I hate when they don't, hated it even before the pandemic. I don't really care if they wear/not wear masks, if they keep a proper distance...Nowadays it's just more than simple courtesy. But if they don't wear it and stand closer than I feel they should, I just lose my shit. Like, go home and hug your damn pillow if you need to rub yourself against something/someone.

Marina Starr
05-20-2021, 06:29 AM
There are men AND some women that think it's harmless and well intended when you're told to smile. If that's the case then why don't men do it to other men?!

DeathAndTaxes
05-20-2021, 06:39 AM
I never thought about it, but always felt discomfort when being asked to smile, so it must be true:( What's the third option? I don't care about mansplaining or womansplaining, but since you made a hint, you gotta tell the whole story now ;p

It is not a bad response actually, basically anything that breaks expectations and makes the asshole uncomfortable is a win. Clearly things like it happening on a safe enviroment and not in a backalley street is important, but after that is taken into account basically anything but those two responses (smiling, or not smiling and showing discomfort) is a win, bonus points is not doing it in a way that can be weaponized (calling you a bitch after that). If I were ever in your shoes and I was bombarded with power plays I would just laugh in a super scoffing manner and ignore, but if this was making me look bad to the crowd/friends/girls I would politely explain to everyone how his actions are a catch-22, the power play of an asshole.

There are men AND some women that think it's harmless and well intended when you're told to smile. If that's the case then why don't men do it to other men?!

Actually, we are, but the key difference is that A) it is pretty rare and we are not bombarded with it and B) is actually stated as legitimate advice. I smile a lot in public and it is clearly not my original natural state but it is the world's biggest understatement to say that the change in people's reaction is night and day. This change came about because of somebody's internet advice, but it was legitimate help and not a move. Fake it until you make it and now smiling is my natural state.

rickdugan
05-20-2021, 07:30 AM

They do it to attractive women to gain attention and as a little positioning play, pure and simple. IMHO these are the same personality types who think that they are entitled to your attention just because you happen to be sitting near them on a train, or in line with them at a store, etc. Personally I can't stand these types, but I have to imagine that it's especially bad for women.

TheBrownFox
05-20-2021, 12:23 PM
^Marina and Rick nailed it. I could be out walking around and deep in thought, and some random dude will blurt out "SMILE! It can't be all THAT bad!" *Sigh* Um...are you referring to my deep in thought facial expression? What a lame attempt at getting my attention...lol.

And yeah, no one has a smile on their face 24/7 except for my twin Reborn dolls. Lmfao. If I actually walked around with a constant smile on my face, that'd be creepy as fuck. :P

TheBrownFox
05-20-2021, 12:41 PM
And getting back to the topic of vaccines...

I'm seeing a lot of Facebook posters harassing other posters who chose to get the vaccine. They're saying shit like "Oh, so you're a good little sheep." Smh. I sit back and read that shit, and I'm thinking...Look, man. I know YOUR ass ain't lecturing somebody about "what they're putting into their body" when YOU smoke how many packs of those "cancer sticks" a day? :P So I don't even wanna hear it.....

Marina Starr
05-20-2021, 12:56 PM
A lot of people are not very bright. Keep them in your prayers.

I don't give a fuck if people don't want the vaccine and I expect them to mind their damn business if I chose to get it.

I'm seeing a lot of Facebook posters harassing other posters who chose to get the vaccine. They're saying shit like "Oh, so you're a good little sheep." Smh. I sit back and read that shit, and I'm thinking...Look, man. I know YOUR ass ain't lecturing somebody about "what they're putting into their body" when YOU smoke how many packs of those "cancer sticks" a day? :P So I don't even wanna hear it.....

Raziel
05-20-2021, 01:07 PM

Men DO do it to other Men, but only in certain situations. I had a guy tell me to just smile, but I was about to go onstage at a con and I was VERY nervous. I mean, it's fun to go out there and be Mick Jagger for a moment, but CHRIST is it intimidating.

Marina Starr
05-20-2021, 01:13 PM
And what are those situations?!

It's hard for me to picture random ass strange men telling other men at the grocery stores, walking down the streets, at starbucks, etc to 'SMILE'.

Men DO do it to other Men, but only in certain situations. I had a guy tell me to just smile, but I was about to go onstage at a con and I was VERY nervous. I mean, it's fun to go out there and be Mick Jagger for a moment, but CHRIST is it intimidating.

Raziel
05-20-2021, 01:15 PM
Usually nerves. Or about a Girl (Or, I suppose, a guy)

BTW: At Cons i'm usually up there with several other Writers, let's not make any mistake, here. It's not just me. People aren't chomping at the bit to see one Writer.

DeathAndTaxes
05-20-2021, 03:23 PM

It's hard for me to picture random ass strange men telling other men at the grocery stores, walking down the streets, at starbucks, etc to 'SMILE'.

Because the scenario you pictured in your head does indeed not happen, what does happen is somewhat similar but in this case it is legitimate advice, not complete strangers wanting to play little games. That is the key difference most people miss, the context of the situation not the actual words "you should smile more".

If I actually walked around with a constant smile on my face, that'd be creepy as fuck.

Nah people do react positively to smiling, but it has to be the whole package, life of the party, outgoing, proactive, telling stories, etc etc. Purely smiling in silence in a corner yeah it can skeeve people.

Marina Starr
05-20-2021, 03:58 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. My original comment was I like not having random creepy ass men telling me to smile in public spaces thanks to mask.

You DON'T get to tell me what does, do and did happen. My experience does not need your opinion nor validation.

Because the scenario you pictured in your head does indeed not happen, what does happen is somewhat similar but in this case it is legitimate advice, not complete strangers wanting to play little games. That is the key difference most people miss, the context of the situation not the actual words "you should smile more".

Nah people do react positively to smiling, but it has to be the whole package, life of the party, outgoing, proactive, telling stories, etc etc. Purely smiling in silence in a corner yeah it can skeeve people.

DonaDiabla
05-20-2021, 04:46 PM
Yikes! It's not people's places to tell others to smile. Also, it's creepy to go up to complete strangers and tell them what to with their bodies. Plus, this has nothing to do with talking about vaccines.

TheBrownFox
05-20-2021, 05:54 PM

Huh? No idea what you're going on about. I said what I said because it's true. It's not "Nah." Lol. You sound silly.

eagle2
05-20-2021, 06:02 PM

What's ironic is, these are the people who are actually behaving like sheep. People who wear masks and get vaccinated, are doing so based on scientific facts and evidence. The people who refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated, are not doing so, based on crazy, nonsensical, conspiracy theories being spread by nutjobs like Alex Jones.

DeathAndTaxes
05-20-2021, 10:22 PM

This never happens, I am agreeing with you lol. This is the scenario in your head that I am claiming never happens.

Luci Fer
05-21-2021, 12:30 AM
It is not a bad response actually, basically anything that breaks expectations and makes the asshole uncomfortable is a win.

oh lol. In this case, when being told to smile next time, I'll fart. ;D

Luci Fer
05-21-2021, 12:34 AM
Agree.

I shop with a rolling basket and use that as a buffer.

I do the same! :)

Raziel
05-21-2021, 12:51 AM

It's never happened at the Grocery Store, or walking down the street, and I don't even go to Starbucks (I dislike coffee, I like Tea but only the Tea I make). But it has happened. I don't know what else to tell you. But if that's something that happens to Women all the time, I get you. They're may be some things I don't really understand, but I get you. At least that part of it.

rickdugan
05-21-2021, 05:24 AM

Agreed. In my 5 decades on this earth I've never had a grown man say that to me. I can't even imagine what my knee jerk reaction would be, but I'm guessing it would probably be something like "Shut up and mind your own business you weird fuck."