PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change outfits?

Indica
08-03-2003, 09:24 AM
I was just curious about the average.

Once after each set? Same outfit all night long?

I usually change after each set to keep looking fresh, what about you? Majority of girls at work change maybe twice, but usually keep one on all night.

Juliette_deSade
08-03-2003, 11:32 AM
I like to change each time I go up on stage. That way, people can relate me to my outfit and song....also performance. But i don't like giving the same old act over and over during the night.
Even i get tired of it.
Juliette de Sade

natalie
08-03-2003, 11:41 AM
it depends on how busy it is and how wishy-washy im feeling that nite. :D often when i change into a new outfit, i feel re-energized and more willing to hustle. but if its really really slow, i dont change too often. it really just depends. on average, about 3 times a nite.

Naomi_Tx
08-03-2003, 02:53 PM
I noticed that on my best money making nights I wear the same outfit all night. On nights when customers are on strike I change into every dress I own, swap with a friend, and God forbid there be a boutique or dress lady there cause I'll spend every dollar I have on me. Last two nights were amazing! Wore one outfit per night. ;D

Lena
08-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Two or three, usually. I have a system. I don't change my outfit after stage - I've just made an impression on the whole club with that outfit, and if I change a third of the guys probably won't recognize me. So after stage I go as quickly as possible to the customers who tipped me well on stage or made a lot of eye contact. Then I work my way around the whole club. If I get through the whole club and run out of customers before having to do stage again, I will change my outfit to something completely different, change my demeanor slightly, and try again.

So, on a good night I never get a chance to change, but on a bad night I might change a lot. Usually it's two or three times though.

Lena

Amaya
08-03-2003, 04:39 PM
I think if you are making $$$ you shouldnt change, whatever it is that you are wearing, is working for you.

DenverD
08-03-2003, 06:11 PM
I try to change after a complete stage rotation if we are rotating fast enough, so I go to stages1,2,3,4,5 then change when I go back on 1, if the are more girls, I will cange every two stages

tampopo
08-03-2003, 07:12 PM
I only change outfits if it gets wet or really dirty. I don't think my outfit matters very much. The only outfit I ever got a huge amount of compliments on was a schoolgirl outfit. A lot of guys that come in all the time that never danced with me before said that outfit made them want to dance with me. Honestly, I was pretty sickened by that and only wore it twice.

Naomi_Tx
08-03-2003, 08:37 PM
I think if you are making $$$ you shouldnt change, whatever it is that you are wearing, is working for you.

Sorry, guess I didn't spell it out well enough. I didn't say "shouldn't."

When you're busy making money, either dancing or sitting with a customer all night, do you really have time to go to the dressing room, unlock locker, find another dress,and change while the other girls are trying to talk to you?

I don't change outfits on my money making nights because I'm too busy making money.

Nothing to do with what I'm wearing, I try to avoid wearing an outfit more than once every two weeks. It's what I'm NOT wearing that makes me the $$$ ;)

Chelle
08-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Some times it is nice to be a little different and wear something that not everyone else is wearing. It get's you noticed especially if you look really great in it.
Chelle ;)

Ebony
08-04-2003, 04:33 AM
When I first started dancing I would change my outfits every set (6 times a night). Then I realized that takes up to much time from being out on the floor working the room. Now I'm better at selling myself so I am usually to busy to change my outfits. But usually on a busy night 2 times. On a dead night just once.

Corey
08-04-2003, 08:58 AM
No more than three times. Usually twice. In the club I work in, I don't want my co-workers borrowing from me because I know I will never see that item again. I don't even bring a make-up bag anymore. I keep everything in a rolling suitcase.

Cheers,

Corey

Naomi_Tx
08-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I usually wear only one outfit per night. It helps customers to recognize me. I've always looked at constant dress-changing as a sign of a lack of self confidence, though I know that isn't true for everyone. But I like to make sure I present myself in the most confident manner possible.

Oh thanks Miss George (Naomi ;) )
You know when you've got a thought right on the tip of your brain; but you can't seem to tip it over to where you can express it and it drives you nuts [frustrated]

jennymodel
08-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Sometimes I change for a good customer that is there for a few hours to see me. I feel refreshed and there is a new light in the eyes of my customer like he is seeing me for the first time.

Amaya
08-05-2003, 05:52 PM
on Aug 3rd, 2003, 9:39pm, Amaya wrote:I think if you are making $$$ you shouldnt change, whatever it is that you are wearing, is working for you.

Sorry, guess I didn't spell it out well enough. I didn't say "shouldn't."

Ummm, my post wasnt directed at you, that was my OPINION
not really ment to evoke any hostility, ya know? ::)
So just relax

Naomi_Tx
08-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Ummm, my post wasn't directed at you, that was my OPINION
not really ment to evoke any hostility, ya know? ::)
So just relax

Oops my bad, thought you were responding to me. BTW if you thought I was being hostile than I bet you'd freak if you saw how I get when I really am :o

A simple misunderstanding [peace]

Amaya
08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Its cool.

just saw your post and was like ??? I had to go back and read, cause actually, I dont think I even read the resposes. Somtimes I just post to the OP without reading others replies, depends on the subject .

Freak? naw probably not, there was this one girl at my club who would get hostile if you walked past her on the wrong side :o Once youve seen somthing like that, nothing freaks you out anymore. She was crazy.....for real. You dont come off as crazy. (maybe PMSing was a passing thought :-/)

like I said its all good ;D

Indica
08-06-2003, 05:42 AM
I agree, I will not change again until after I've been on stage, even if I'm thinking "this outfit makes me look like a whale!". Not until I read the article by Bridgette did I realize it does make you look insecure.

I have a customer who is really into clothes. He'll ask me what I've brought and often ask me to change into something he likes more.

Hey - as long as he's paying, I'm changing!! :D :D :D

Naomi_Tx
08-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey - as long as he's paying, I'm changing!! :D :D :D

Alas! We've got a winner! My new favorite stripper slogan.

GoldCoastGirl
09-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I only change outfits if it gets wet or really dirty. I don't think my outfit matters very much. The only outfit I ever got a huge amount of compliments on was a schoolgirl outfit. A lot of guys that come in all the time that never danced with me before said that outfit made them want to dance with me. Honestly, I was pretty sickened by that and only wore it twice.

I wore a School Girl outfit for 2 months straight because of the reaction that you spoke of... it made me more memorable. Also, since I was the only one doing it constantly... if they rang the club and asked if the School Girl was working the club knew they were asking about me.

It was the outfit but more the skirt... alot of guys have a thing for tartin (sp?) skirts. Oh yeah.. the whole "looking up the skirt" thing on stage was a turn-on for guys as well as I would strip down naked except for my tie and skirt (so I was naked underneath it).

I didn't sicken me at all. I had a completely opposite reaction... I worked it.

GoldCoastGirl
09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
As for how often I change... never. I stay in the same outfit the whole shift (9 hours) because I do costume at my club. My weekday shifts are reserved for Cowgirl Vee and my weekend (Fri-Sat) shift is reserved for School Girl Vee.

I don't change as customers don't have that great a memory (esp. when alcohol is involved). I have a saying I say to the customers: I don't mind if you forget my name but you must never forget the outfit!

This way they can request me by outfit (School Girl, Cowgirl) if they do forget my name or do not know it.

Also, if another dancer is doing School Girl I like to make myself different to her in some way: different coloured skirt (hers is red, mine is black), a tie (if she isn't wearing one), knee high socks (if she isn't wearing knee high socks) etc.

It is all about "branding" yourself in a way. That's why I do costume... if I do bikini - I make damn sure it is one that no other dancer is wearing (or will wear) that shift so they can also request me by what I'm wearing too.

Tina
09-12-2003, 01:14 PM
It depends on the type of club you work in. In a large club where you only go on stage once or twice while you are working wearing one outfit or maybe changing one time is sufficient.

In smaller clubs where the emphasis is on the stage and you go up maybe 7-12 times a night, and the same customers are watching you for more than one set you may need to change several times. Plus you get sweaty when you go on stage a lot. Or if a customer requests something in red or lingerie since he is paying I will honor his request.

Kobi
09-17-2003, 01:14 PM
I work in a large club where I dance on stage once per night if any. There can be 200 girls on weekend nights as well. So I don't change at all so I can be easily recognized by customers I spent time with earlier in the night, or people that saw me that one time on stage.
However, I do not wear the same outfit two nights in a row.

cinammonkisses
12-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Sorry bout this..I got really bored, and decided to look at the back..wayyyy back of the forums.

I found this topic and wanted to see how often you ladies change clothes especially since the holidays are right around the corner and all.

cash
12-08-2003, 12:52 PM
if i work at a club where i have to go up like once every hour i usually change outfit after ever two sets .....

Lilith
12-08-2003, 01:44 PM
I find that my response is different depending upon which club I am referring to.

One club was smaller, maybe ten girls on a weekday and 15-30 on a weekend. We spent a lot of time on stage. I changed often, as my clothes got quite sweaty and gross after an hour or so (twice on stage). Luckily the club was small enough that guys would still recognize you.

The club I work at now is much larger. 18-25 girls on a weeknight and 25-35 girls on a weekend. Even on a weeknight, I might make it up on stage only three times. It's hard enough to be seen in that club without making it more difficult by constantly changing. I pick one distinctive costume and hairstyle and stick with it all night. Exception would be in case of a clothing disaster; a drunk spilt beer on me, dress strap broke, etc.

Kianna_Jayde
12-08-2003, 02:14 PM
On the weekdays, I change my outfit after every set. There's three stages, so I have a new outfit on for every set.

On the weekends, I do my fantasy skits. So depending on how dancers are there, I do at least two to three shows.

Fawn
12-08-2003, 06:23 PM
I like Lena's idea. I usually only change once through out a shift, because I did think it might be to time consuming, but with Lena's idea it really wont take that much time, you do feel refreshed, and I bet the customers will like seeing you in a variety of styles. They might think of it like there own private fashion show.

carmenNYC
12-09-2003, 07:33 AM
a. i only buy dresses that enhance my body and make me feel sexy as hell, so therefore i usually wear the same dress all night so i'm easier to recognize. i'm too busy making $$ to waste time changing again & again.

Bridgette
12-09-2003, 12:24 PM
I wear the same outfit all night. I find changing repeatedly becomes more of a hassle than it's worth, and can even cause me to lose money because guys looking for me will be looking for the outfit they last saw me in, and if I've changed, they have a harder time finding me. Also I have alot of customers who wind up spending all or a large portion of the night with me, and running off to change during that time just isn't cool - I usually don't have my outfit on during those times anyway.

Shayden
12-10-2003, 02:40 AM
A lot of guys at my old club just couldn't remember names at all, they would ask the waitress to find the girl wearing the sparkly blue bikini or the one with the red thigh highs. Plus it's super dark in that club and most of the time they won't remember too much of your face, guys...go figure ::). So I would stay in one outfit all night unless dirty you know. But on slow nights, that's the night to test stuff out. Like new outfits and see how well they work on the crowd, if it's a hit or miss. When I get to the club (I don't usually get there right when it opens) so I check to see what the other girls are wearing and try to differ myself from them.

Shayden :-*

VADEN
05-07-2004, 05:17 AM
I usually change every time I get down from stage. I get tired of them quick. I like to switch it up and when i'm there for 7 hours, i'm sure the customer's that have been there since the start of my shift want to see something different. Unless they are really liking my theme/outfit for the night I will keep it on. :)

ChristyWild
05-08-2004, 10:26 AM
If an outfit's been working for me, I won't change it all day; but, if I think the outfit just isn't a moneymaker that day, or somehting like that, I'll change. Normally, I only wear one to two outfits a day, but I have had days when I've worn five different outfits. But, then again, I ended up working for 10 hours too, so...

oceanblue
05-10-2004, 10:29 AM
whether im making money or not, I usually change my outfit at least 3 or 4 times in a 6 hour shift. It makes me feel refreshed to walk out of the dressing room in something diferent. If Im in a blah mood i will wear the same thing for the whole shift. It doesnt usually affect my consistency in money making.

AngelEyezXYZ
05-10-2004, 11:59 PM
I keep an outfit on until I can no longer get dances in it, or until it gets too sweaty.... I hate when I feel moisture/clinging in my clothes. I have a weird thing about liking something a lot and getting it in every color, so I have about 3 styles of outfits in every single color... I mix and match sometimes. So usually if I'm doing well in one style, I will keep that style of dress but just change the color. That way guys pretty much can still recognize me, but I don't feel sticky-icky or bored to death! I get lots of compliments on how many times I change clothes and how I always smell so fresh and clean. I doubt the frequent changing of clothes has anything to do with that, but hey... whatever floats their boat.

Ravensart
07-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I've only been dancing for 6months but what I do is change every other set. I get tipped just for changing so much. I'm the only one in my club that changes so often. Being new to this I observed the other girls and wanted to be different. I also burned my own cd with music to go with each outfit.

EffeZX
07-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Even though my outfit is usually mere nothing, I try to change as oftne as I can and as frequently as I can, and if time and schedule permits. I guess I am clean "nut". I hate wearing the same outfit over and over (although I have done it), I guess it's sometihing psychologicial with me.

TnT
07-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I change before each main stage set.

cassidykarma
07-17-2005, 12:05 AM
As many people have said, I pick something that works for me (from past knowledge) and if I am making $$, well then, why change? I change my bottoms all night long as they are usually white and get dirty from the stage, chairs, etc.

I try to wear something that makes me stand out

Fathom7
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't change more than 3 times. I don't want a customer to lose me if they are interested. I wan't them to be able to track me down later like "where's that girl with the tan dress" . Just a strategy I try to use.

mercedez
07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
If I'm really busy....and I'm making money ....I may change just 2 or 3 times..................

alicia0033
07-18-2005, 12:47 PM
once...works for me