PDA

View Full Version : Post your Meditation Method!!

SANDRINE
09-22-2003, 06:00 AM
I see that some girls DO meditate and visualize a good evening at work.
What's your method??
I like to lay on my bed and try to count down from 50 to 0 and then visualize something I want to imrpove in my life or on me!!
I'm sure we all have our own method, it would be great to share!! ;)

exiezrevenge
09-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Believing that i have a chance to meditate is always the first thing, i prefer doing it at home... but i go to school so i can't always do it here.
I usually sit on a blanket on the floor and picture myself having a really good night at work, and that all of my dancers are happy, and that my fiance' is happy. Usually it helps a lot and i go in feeling happy and refreshed. But the days i don't have a chance...
They always end up bad. Always without a doubt they end up bad. All my dancers and other employees are mean and evil and they hate me. >:(

So, that's how i do my meditation before work...

Juliette_deSade
09-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Grounding and Centering.

It involves posture and visualization. Becoming like a tree, feeling positive energy flow through you and then rooting yourself to your beliefs and personality. I also like to clear my head by sitting next to water and staring at it for a long time...also under the moon. If you stasre at something long enough, you become like it.

Juliette de Sade

DenverD
09-23-2003, 03:19 AM
I don't meditate in the way being described, I like to put in a CD I have burned of some club techno that gets played at work, and begin my "lying", putting on my makeup and doing my hair.

Pamela
09-23-2003, 03:33 AM
Sitting with my daughter outside in the back yard petting our pets!
Or taking a 15 minute power nap!

Pamela

GoldCoastGirl
09-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Power nap! I like to get at least a 30 min. nap in before I have to do my "pre work routine" (eat, shower, make-up).

Other things that keep me sane:
* My cat and my flatmate's cat - patting to them and especally just being with them and listening to them (one or the other) purr.
* Reading some/most/all of my motivational quotes
* Remembering my goals (for the shift, for the week... short and long term)
* Remembering my good shifts
* Listening and/or dancing to my favourite songs
* Reading - magazine, book, etc.

I like to mix it up a bit - this way I have a chance to do SOMETHING as part of my "pre work routine" that will help keep me positive. If I just stuck to one thing... I probably wouldn't always be able to do it.

So I have things that are quick and easy to do (if I don't have alot of time) and others that take longer (if I have good amount of time free).

SANDRINE
09-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Sometimes i do it while driving!!
I put a relaxing cd and start my affirmations.
I know the road by heart, lol!!