PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone's Pre-Work Routine?

Juliette_deSade
07-10-2003, 10:01 AM
:D Hi, this a question just for fun- What do guys all do at home before you drive to the club? Everyone has their own unique and insane habits. We really are a wide variety of women.....

I'll start. 2 hours before work,I dance around my house like crazy; it is a perk of being home alone. I start running bath. I make sure I shave everything. I listen to whatever I am in the mood for. And sing to it Karaoke Style. I try not to sing when I put on my lipstick, but usually fail. Especially if it's Ani DiFranco. :P

I go by The bookstore for a few moments and buy a froufrou coffee drink. With a really long name like "Iced caramel machiotta with a triple shot and soy"

Ok, I mean stuff like that.

juliette dS ;D ;D ;D ;D

Naomi_Tx
07-10-2003, 10:12 AM
um... I shower, shave my legs and my ;) , and put my make-up on. Sound boring huh, maybe I need a more exciting routine.

anklefrog
07-10-2003, 12:02 PM
I shower, shave, walk the furbabies, throw on shorts and usually a sports-bra. Check my e-mail and this board before I go. Leave with wet hair, let it air dry as I'm flying down the freeway with the windows open. Do the hair and make-up at work. I guess I'm boring too. ;D

Veronika
07-10-2003, 12:08 PM
On days like today, I finish up some computer work that I've been contracted for, eat dinner, take a shower and shave my legs et al, watch the Simpsons and stretch, put on make-up and go. Maybe hit the coffee place downtown for a chai latte if I'm dragging.

I do the hair at work and sort of meditate/visualize there (lucky me to have a calm dressing room to do that in!).

Maybe boring, but functional ;) I used to take a long bath first but for now at least I'm doing a (sort of) day job, too.

DenverD
07-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I work at another job, so I go straight from one to the other. But Saturday is more like my normal routine that I had before I started my new job, goes like this.

3 hours before work:
make dinner,
feed family,
throw scraps to the dogs,
put a load of laundry in the wash,
send the kid into the backyard to play
take a bath/shower.

2 hours before work: After I dry, I put on my "foam tan",
Put clothes in dryer
put dishes in dishwasher
put on my makeup,
answer the doorbell and let in the six kids my kid invited over though the backyard fence,
go back to my make up,
stop to go down to the backyard to break up a fight that has erupted between seven kids,
go back to my makeup,
go down and send all those cying kids home and put MY kid in the corner for starting the fight,
go back to my makeup,
stop to put some minimal makeup (very light eyeshadow and lip gloss) on my kid who has ventured out of the corner because she wanted to play "beauty parlor" with mommy,
Finish my make up
start on my hair,
have sex with my husband because he got turned on seeing me all made up,
reapply makeup, it got smudgy in some spots,
finish hair.
Paint nails,
stop to paint my daughter's nails cause she saw the nail polish out and is delighted to find her mom playing "nail salon"

1 hour before work:
Kiss baby and hubby bye bye goodbye,
drive for 45 minutes to work, get to club, reaaply makeup because it somehow melted in the car
redo hair because it went limp in the car and borrow some hairspray to set it because I was out of it at home.
Get dressed, DJ bursts in and panics about how he needs me ready to be on stage by the next set,
I realize all my g strings are still drying in the dryer at home.
AH, the easy, lazy life of a princess! ::)

Juliette_deSade
07-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Denver that was a fun read. Live long and prosper too. LOL.

Juliette dS

tragic-beauty
07-10-2003, 02:32 PM
shower, shave.. go tanning.. put makeup on.. eat.. strech.. goto work.

natalie
07-11-2003, 02:43 PM
i like to exercise before I go to work. it helps me wake up and center myself. a little yoga too.

take a relaxing bubble bath. i always do this early so i can just chill. nothing irritates me more than being in a rush. i put on some music, smashing pumpkins, tori amos, bjork. all my fave stuff. do my hair, put on a lil makeup...and leave.

07-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Shower with all my best smelling shampoo, showergel products, shave all the stubble away, dry hair, pack dance bag, fill up 2 water bottles, grab cd booklet and drive for an hour to the club. I don't do my hair/makeup until I get there. It's part of my get-ready process that puts me in the mood to dance.

Alexis10
07-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Night before: wash brazilians/any underwear specific to a particular outfit and hang in a conspicuous place.

Day-of: Go to day job, fill up car with gas and buy 3 sugar-free Red Bulls and a power bar for when I get out of work and have to run to ...other work

Fake tan in the morning and slap on another coat before I leave. Walk dog (puppy goes to doggie daycare on the days before I work at the club)

Put in fun upbeat music

Juliette_deSade
07-12-2003, 01:56 PM
I am almost tempted to start a string called "Everybody's post-work routine" cause DAMN, I dunno how it happened, but I am tipsy @ home right now. It was the liquor!!! The lick-er! That is another entirely different line o' fun, huh?? Reply with all the happiness in ur hearts and may the omnipotent whatever bless all y'all.!

Juliette ds
likes Midori Sours

GoldCoastGirl
07-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Pre - work...
Tuesday and Wednesday:
2.20-3.20pm -- NAP (I try to have an hour nap before 3.20pm regardless)
3.30 -- get ready: shower and apply basic make-up (foundation, a little eye shadow)
4.45pm BE READY (pack bag etc)
5.30 leave

Since I have study from 6-9pm on Tues and Wed.. I go to study and then from there to work. I apply the rest of my make up at work.

What I do Fri and Sat (and did prior to commencing my study).....
One hour nap sometime before 3.30pm. I have to have that nap or else I won't last the shift (7.30pm until 5am). Have a meal before I have that nap and a meal after the nap as well.

5.30pm get ready for work: shower and make up (all of it: eye liner, eye shadow, foundation, eye lashes, lip stick, etc).

Since I'm usually done by 6.30pm... I have a little time before 6.55pm (when I leave for work) to just do whatever: read, listen to music, watch TV, surf the 'net, etc.

When do I wash my clothes?? I get up at 10am the day OF work, wash and hang out my clothes. They are dry and ready by 3pm thanks to the morning sun :-)

As for post work routine:
Feed the furry children as they are at my feet telling me to feed them.
Feed myself as I'm usually a little hungry when I get home.
Have a shower or a bath.... something so I can remove the make up as well as tell my mind "clean slate" (if I had a bad shift.. I can refresh my mind this way)

My shifts end at 5am.. get home around 5.30am.. and usually don't end up going to bed by 7am (at the latest).

Sometimes I will go straight to bed after my shower or bath but other times I will stay up and read a book. Depends if I'm tired or not by that time.

Lena
07-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Wow, so you go to bed at seven and get up at ten?

My routine is to start early by playing music that gets me "up" and dance around cleaning the house, then get into a bath, shave etc. Then I moisturize and keep dancing around my house while eating, picking what I want to wear that night and applying make up. I also set a goal before I leave the house and write it in my journal. Then I let the dogs out and leave.

Lena

Tigerlilly
07-14-2003, 03:40 AM
walk the furbabies,

AWE! I like that.... never heard that before :D

At my home club I would e-mail a customer or two and let them know I would be working if they wanted to stop in. Then I'd take a long soak in the tub , shave everything then lotion up the bod, do my hair and makeup and dress to the 9's before leaving home- we had a club policy that we were supposed to walk in the club dressed for a night out and walk the long way around the main room and then check in w/ the DJ before going to the dressing room. The manager thought it was good for the customers to be wondering whose that girl or be thinking hey there's that chick from last time kind of thing.

velvet
07-14-2003, 04:46 AM
i too think it is important to walk into work looking like a million bucks. i always have face and hair done. dressed up too. it just makes a great impression. some guys like to see you dressed before you undress so to speak. i hate when girls run in at the last minuate in something that looks like it came out of the hamper. with wet hair and no makeup. what a turn off! as for my prework routine. shower ,shave ,lotion ,make up, hair and food. thats it.

preciousinMO
07-14-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm like Veronika,I have to watch the Simpsons while I eat. Then I get in the shower, gives the food time to digest, and shave almost everything...gotta leave a patch. Then it is off to work to put on makeup and blowdry my hair...That's all I do to it

Kaela
07-17-2003, 10:02 AM
I love ani difranco too!! :)

bostondancer
07-17-2003, 03:45 PM
So do you wanna know what I want to do be for i go to work or what i actually end up doing?!? But seriuosly not to get too personnal i masturbate really it helps me can't hert right ! I get very quiet i like to be alone while i get ready any music that degrades men helps too i prefur lil'kim it makes me feel more in control . anything like checking e-mail or working out makes me not wanna go to work at all . i like to get erans done too it makes me feel like i accoplished alot and sometimes something funny happens and gives me something new to discuss with the guys ! xoxoxoxoxoxo

LoveSexMoney
07-20-2003, 06:40 AM
I too go into work all dolled up including outrageous fake lashes. But I usually sip a couple glasses of wine during the 2 hours it takes me to get ready [cheers] (hey, there was no wine glass icon)

Paris
07-20-2003, 07:23 PM
exercise, tan, shower (shave nair etc.), lotion and shimmer lotion. Eat while waiting for lotion(s) to dry. Try to visualize myself having a happy and profitable evening at work after eating. Light a few candles and meditate. Take inventory of outfits and beauty supplies, and music. Pack my lunch and leave for work. Stop and pick up any items needing to be replaced at the store before going to work, also grab something to drink like water or diet soda. *this is my road routine from my motel*

At Home- See DenverD's post

;D

lovescherries
09-15-2003, 06:40 PM
A 5 mile jog--Metamorphasize for 90 mins,kiss and reassure my little pony,ready to play!

Kobi
09-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Read SW! Especailly motivational advice about "hustling" or reading positive things about work.
I also go to Tropical Smoothie and get a wrap and a Fat Buster smoothie. Gets me energized!

Meadow
09-21-2003, 11:33 AM
*The night before I go to work I check to see if
everything I need is mostly in order-(bag packed, purse full of trinkets, music in plain sight)
*I feed my son, get him settled into night time mood
*I eat a good meal that will hold me over through the night and part of morning
*I go through my work bag add any outfits, make up boxes, odds and ends that are missing from it
*I get myself settled into my room
*I try on my favorite outfits and play my music (Disturbed, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Madonna, Coal Chamber, etc.
*Stretch out a little
*Cuddle with my big warm teddy bear
*I get some good sleep (if I can)
*Wake up, cuddle some more with my teddy bear
*Feed my son and myself
*Do whatever chores need to be done
*Think of what I might need from a store, go shopping
*Come home and take a shower while listening to my music, shave, face moisturizer, body lotion
*Dry hair, brush hair, add shine serum
*Put on some makeup (eyeliner, lip balm, mascara)
*Eat more food
*Check work bag again
*Spend some time with my son if he is still home
*Get my jacket, purse, work bag, brain, body, and spirit together
*Say good bye to everyone, hugs and stuff
*Get in the car and realize that I forgot about ten things
*Run upstairs
*Run around the house gathering all forgotton items
*Say good bye again
*Get in car
*Go get food
*Drive alllllll theee waaayy to work
*Stop to get more food
*Remind myself to have a good time
*Haul my myself and my stuff in the door and go to the dressing room......and from then I SMILE!!!

That is how I prepare for work [kisses]

ChristyWild
03-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Well, since I work days, not nights, I guess my routine may be different than most of ya'll. I get up around 9/9:30 and I check my goober report on yahoo. (I have an adult biz-like profile on yahoo, and since I have DSL, I can leave it on 24/7. So, I get goober's iming me asking if I wanna cam and shit.) Then I check my mail, check for new comments on stripclublist.com re: my club and sometimes check this site if I have time. Then me and hubby decide where we wanna go eat, depending on how much time we have before I go to work. I do my makeup while he drives and since I arrive about 15-20 min before we open, I'm usually the only girl there yet, so I can be calm and take my time getting ready.
As to post-work routine, I only have a routine on Mondays...For some reason I like to drown a sucky week the following Monday just cuz I know I can't get too drunk without paying for it the next day. So, my friend Mike picks me up, we go get some food, then head do to the James Joyce Pub in Ybor. (If anyone reads this who lives in Tampa and wants directions, lemme know.) So, we both start out with a Newcastle then I switch to about 3 or 4 amaretto sours (cuz Kelly KNOWS how to make them :cheers: ) and then I'm ready to go home with a VERY nice buzz. Other than that, the rest of the week depends on whether or not me and hubby have something planned.

blondhottie
03-20-2004, 02:34 PM
My pre-work routine is pretty boring.

-Work out(if I get up early enough, otherwise I skip it)
-Shower, shave, put on deodorant and nice-smelling lotion
-Get something to eat while I let my hair air-dry a little bit
-Blowdry hair
-Listen to music while I do my hair and makeup: it gets me pumped up to go to work and make some money
-Drink a Diet Coke or Red Bull before work: I need caffeine! :bouncey:
-Watch TV for a bit if I have some extra time, otherwise I go to work.

Sitara7817
03-21-2004, 06:53 PM
i just do the whole body "make-over" with shimmer lotions and and sweet smelling scrubs. . . full makeup including eyelashes and home. . . and ride to work. . . . oh i listen to trina's diamond princess cd. . gets me in the mood to take over the world! lol. . .

MotherDaisy
03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
make sure I have eaten- thats really important for me.

walk on treadmill to warm up then stretch a ton.

spend like hour in bathroom, no music

decide on costume, pack bag

Make sure house is clean and locked up

Leave extra early and take baby to daycare.

As soon as I get to the club I change and get into stripper mode, my prework routine has little to do with this.

I don't like to put on makeup and hair at club. I don't want people to see me looking "normal". It would ruin my image.

Katrine
03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Epsom salt bath, listen to rock on the radio since no CD near...lotion up, Tend Skin bikini area, then put powder all over crotch.....

Prepare everything for the evening, decide what I will wear, mentally confirm...

Only do basic makeup at home, hair and eyes at work...

Have a cigarrete in the car, listen to DMX "What's My Name" to get me hyper...I like all the dog barking in his music, lol!

sexilexi
04-04-2004, 07:31 PM
ok, here it is:
3:00 pm- wake up to my alarm that I reset an hour ago, take shower, shave, blo-dry, style, dress,go get my "morning" latte, tan, shop, go home, order out, check e-mail, eat, go out for a couple martinis, re-apply make up, and catch a cab to work by 8:pm- phew,barely made it. I like to rush around, it makes me motivated for work when I finally arrive.

VenusGoddess
04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
I start getting ready 2 1/2 hours before I need to leave for work.

1. I get in the shower with my daughter
2. I shave everything and wash up good (and then wash my daughter)
3. I dry my hair after running around the house after my daughter trying to get my brush
4. I put lotion on
5. I chase my daughter around the house trying to get her diaper back on (she's a bona fide nudist...LOL)
6. I get my daughter dressed in her jammies for bed
7. I walk around the house picking up the make-up my daughter grabbed from my make-up bag and begin putting that on
8. I put my dance bag back together (she just learned how to unzip the bag and empties it frequently)
9. I get dinner for my daughter and eat with her
10. I leave for work

Whew...how's that for a routine?? LOL

Gynger
04-05-2004, 11:41 AM
LOL At Denver!!!

Weekdays:

Wake up at 730, get my daughter up and begin the school day , get breakfast going send off my hubby to work and reassure him that traffic won't be as bad as the day before if he leaves a few minutes earlier.. Help my daughter find an outfit for school, argue with her on her choice and we compromise. Help her with her hair, argue some more, feed her some breakfast, make her eat her eggs and drink all of her milk-send her off to school by 820 after her best friends stops to see if she's ready to go(they walk the school is just four blocks away)- she gets about to the driveway and turns around, comes back in and says to me, "I love you Mama, sorry for my crappy attitude, I'm just cranky".. Give her a big hug and kiss, tell her to have a great day. Go for my morning run, try to avoid Caswell street-big assed mean dog.

Mid morning: Laundry, laundry laundry... grocery shopping and errands every Tuesday-any other day, I clean my house, while blaring my stereo and singing like a rockstar. By noon, its time to check email and SW... I also chat with my friends and family via yahoo if they can catch me..

330: Daughter gets home from school with her friend, fix a snack sometimes for three plus girls, send the girls home, tell them to stop by tomorrow, help with homework, try to make sense of her black hole of a room, argue with her on why she needs to clean it between her phone calls to friends-they just live around the corner and they just spent the entire day together... what do 8 year olds talk about anyways?

Every Monday and Wednesday at 430: Girlscouts or dance class (girlscouts on Monday, dance class on Wednesdays) shuttle daughter between friends and car pooling

At 5 I begin getting ready for work and also start dinner. Listen to my daughter tell me about her day while I am fixing dinner, explain why I won't let her put blonde in her hair and argue about why its not cool to sing "My milkshake brings the boys to the yard" on the playground and shake her booty. ( a phone call from the school prompted that conversation-this happened last week) I leave the house at 545- I grab a quick bite with my family before I head out the door, I kiss my daughter and hubby, remind my daughter that it is okay to miss a phone call from a friend during the dinner hour and that No, she can not wear makeup and talk like she's 16, and dress like Britney spears, and that I don't care who's mom lets whats-her-name do it, because I am not whats-her-names mom, I am meaner,and I don't think that the world will end over a tube of lipgloss.LOL (My God, she's only 8.. can you imagine what I have in store in 7 years???)

I drive to the club with wet hair and no makeup while listening to the sets I am going to dance to and curse profusely at the rush hour traffic (has anyone else noticed how evil people are during the day hours???) and arrive at the club via back door, and get ready in the dressing room.

After I have my hair and makeup done, I take 20 minutes and stretch out. If my DJ is in a panic, he has to wait, I will not do a set until properly warmed up, so I am usually the one who says, "Take a stage break for one song" Bad, I know, but the shift starts at 7 and I don't walk upstairs until 655 pm.

I get home at 3am and I am up the next day at 730.

On weekends, I am off every Saturday but I work on Sunday nights, so Saturday is my catch up day for R n R. Usually Saturdays is the "beauty salon" day at my house, finger nail painting, and trying to make my 8 year old understand that being a kid is a GOOD thing...

VADEN
05-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Denver, very funny! I just had my laugh for the day. I shower, shave, watch t.v. with my little boy and drink an ensure. It gives me energy. I wait until I get to work to flat iron my hair and do my make-up.