PDA

View Full Version : Breast Augmentation

pink01
09-10-2003, 04:25 AM
I am getting breast augmentation and have a question about scarring. I cannot decide between getting them inserted at the aereola or at the under crease of the breast. I was wondering which do you think would be the easiest scars to hide?

Thanks
Pink01 :)

Melonie
09-10-2003, 08:33 AM
The answer depends on a number of variables. For example, if you are getting large implants a breast fold incision will be much less visible than it would be with C cup implants (because there will be more 'shade' to obscure the incision with the larger implants). Nipple incisions can be almost totally invisible or embarrassingly obvious, depending mostly on the skill and experience of your surgeon. I am a bit negative on nipple incisions since they involve cutting of major nerves, which can potentially result in permanent numbness in the breasts and nipples.

susan
09-10-2003, 10:52 AM
USUALLY, areola insertion has the least chance of scarring. However, it DOES pose a risk of severing the milk ducts (a SLIGHT risk) which could cause prob's later if you want to nurse a child. For that reason, I had a transax incision (armpit). Depending on a lot of factors, the crease can leave a scar but you might not see it. Surprisingly (or not, as the case may be), the larger the implant, the less likely it is that you'll see a crease scar.

velvet
09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
I have areola insertion and i have no visibale scar. however like melonie said i had numbness for almost a year in one breast. it's back to 98% normal. i have seen lately, lots of nice armpit implants that look really good and feel if i were to get them redone i would go that route.

Zabrina
09-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Unless you are getting pre-filled silicone implants and absolutely have to go in throught the nipple or crease, I would advise an armpit incision. I've seen some crease incisions that did not end up in the actual crease, but above it. I can see how that can happen as the new boobs are larger than the old and might sit a little lower than your natural ones. This does not look good when you work topless and have a distracting scar across the breast.

When I get mine I'm getting trans-ax(armpit) for that reason. Also, I would not want to lose sensation on such a sensitive area, which happens pretty often in nipple incisions.

Bridgette
09-10-2003, 10:42 PM
I had a nipple incision and I have a slightly visible scar on the bottom side of the nipple. It's not noticeable at all at work, and can easily be covered with a dab of makeup, but I don't even bother with that - no one seems to notice. I can't see it myself in the club mirrors unless I examine WAY up close and look specifically for the scar in the spot where I know it exists. However, loss of sensation can be a problem - I have a small spot of numbness in one area of my right breast because when they cut into the nipple they WILL but nerves, there's no way around it. My numb area is about 1.5" in diameter on the upper portion of my right breast, but I have complete normal sensation everywhere else. I didn't lose a bit of nipple sensation.

If you're not getting pre-filled implants, I wouldn't go with the crease incision, because the scar will be bigger and in a more noticeable place. Mel is right that it's usually less noticeable in larger implants, but even those can settle into a position where the scar is very noticeable. Armpit or navel incisions are the least noticeable, but are less frequently done - many docs won't do them.

I personally would do another nipple incision, but will also consider the armpit or navel incision for later on, depending on the size and type of implants I decide to use.

Sara
09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
My nipple sensitivity INCREASED after getting implants and mine were inserted through the areola.

Amaya
09-14-2003, 08:25 AM
I too had mine done through the armpit, I have a bit of a scar under one but its very very slight and looks more like a natural crease in the skin, and even that is hard to see, the other one there is absolutly no visible scar.

shesupsidedown
09-16-2003, 04:32 AM
I had mine done through the nipple....the scars are invisible and I didnt lose any feeling....I have never seen incisions underneath the breasts that were not obvious..especially when you are a dancer and move around a lot....Good luck!!
~Tori~

maya
09-16-2003, 08:13 AM
i had mine done through my nipple as well, the scars faded pretty well, i used Rosehip oil & Vitamin E oil to massage my scarring twice everyday and the scarring has faded so much that u can barely tell, and i have all of the sensation back in both of my breasts just after 2 months.

Veronika
09-16-2003, 11:48 AM
All the obvious scars I've seen have been under, in the crease of the breast. I've seen some nipple scars but they have never seemed as bad...

Kobi
09-16-2003, 02:22 PM
If I could do it over again, I would go with armpit incision. My scars are on the crease, but are unnoticeable because of the sag. They are DD's. That is my least worries about scars. I've had a benili lift because of a drastic body fat loss. Over a period of 6 years I went from a 34D (natural) to a 34A. That is why I got my BA. I was really self-consious about my scars when I started dancing, (they are the circumference of the nipples), but they have faded enough that they are actually unnoticeable in the dark clubs. I used Mederma for my scars. I might have to get another lift eventually. :( My skin is not very elastic.