PDA

View Full Version : Starting in a*BRAND* New Club

Southern_Kitten
08-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Hey Girls!!!!! My friend, whom Ive known for a long time, is opening a new club next week in an area that has ABSOLUTLY no other strip clubs. It is a bit larger than the one I work in now, and im sort of nervous. Has anyone ever been at a club the very first day it opened? It is close to Darlington raceway, and Im pretty sure race week is coming up. Im wondering how long it will take for word to get around. any input would help. Thanx!!!

Melonie
08-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Who are you concerned about word getting around to ? Potential customers ? Local politicians and cops ? Yes, I have been present at the "grand opening" of a couple of clubs. One of them had a "grand closing" about 2 hours after it opened, which cost me $500 in bail money. It seems that in the one case, the small city (which had also never had a dance club before) managed to pass an anti-dance club ordinance the day before the club's advertised grand opening which banned full nudity as well as contact with customers. The clubowner neglected to pass on the fact that this unfortunate development had taken place (if in fact he knew it at all). Either way, in came the cops and out went the clubowner and dancers ! Considering I had earned maybe $100 by the time the cops hit the club, and wound up paying a $500 fine out of my own pocket in a plea bargain, I haven't dared to try any "grand openings" since.

Devastating Divyne
08-20-2003, 12:16 PM
What city and state?

Melonie
08-20-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm assuming that Southern_Kitten's new club is located in South Carolina. The new club opening which went sour for me was located a bit farther south.

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't share more details in regard to my own incident on a public forum. Suffice it to say that DA's and judges in most states south of the Mason-Dixon line aren't very understanding when it comes to dropping charges against a blonde Yankee "bimbo" with a cup size in the second half of the alphabet.

With local clubowners and local dancers, DA's and judges have to take into consideration the fact that their rulings will make local ripples, politically and economically. However, out of state dancers and particularly out of state "features" make for great local publicity of how fantastic a job the local politicians and cops are doing (typical headline - Big Bust Bust at _____ ) without starting local feuds. At the same time, they know that out of state girls usually can't afford the time and money to travel back to their area on several occasions to fight the charges in court, which makes out of state girls easy marks for plea bargains with hefty fines.

Really, the only thing that saved my butt in regard to this incident was that the main reason I had come to this particular area was to appear in a "commercial" video, with the club appearance being a "weekend filler" as long as the video producers had already covered my travel expenses. Fortunately I had already been paid for making the video so that I had enough cash on me to make bail right away and hire a local attorney to work on the plea bargain (if you don't know already, most courts will not accept credit cards - they want cash bail on the spot). The clubowner and some dancers actually wound up spending the night and most of the next day in the county lockup. After this incident, I made it a rule to always bring $1000 in cash with me whenever I'm travelling in case something similar happens again (which it already has on one other occasion, in a different southern state!).

#8_Fan
08-20-2003, 03:46 PM
The race at Darlington is Labor Day weekend. The Mountain Dew Southern 500 is Sunday Aug 31. I haven't been to Darlington since 98 but your right not many strip clubs around. I think Florence has 1 but I think that's it. Should be real busy with all the race faces coming.

#8_Fan
08-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Sorry about posting I didn't know it was ladies only. I got here via front page.

Sara
08-20-2003, 04:26 PM
My first day ever dancing was the grand opening day of the only nude club (at the time) in town. I made $42 my first day. But within a week there was a line out the door with a 2 hour wait. Being in a new club with no competition can be really profitable.

Naomi_Tx
08-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Sorry about posting I didn't know it was ladies only. I got here via front page.

I wouldn't feel too bad, I think this thread would've been better placed in the Club Section anyway. At least then the guys could give their input on their new club experiences.

Naomi_Tx
08-20-2003, 04:36 PM
It'll be slow at first, but, whenever you're there at the opening of the club, the mgmt. tends to play favoritism towards you and that's always a plus. ;)

JamiesTaylor
08-21-2003, 11:32 AM
HEY, Southern Kitten....dont think you are the only nervous one. I'm scared to death. I haven't been to work in how long...you know! Hopefully it wont go too bad...just think it'll be like the trophy club!

Tina
08-21-2003, 02:36 PM
All you can do is go to work and see how it goes. How much advertising does your friend have? Income varies from day to day in any club. I wouldn't be afraid. Melonie's example is a worst case scenario and other than that if you want to broaden your horizons you can't be afraid to test new waters.

The worst that can happen is you'll have slow night, an ok night or a good night.

Lena
08-21-2003, 06:04 PM
It totally depends on marketing. A good club owner will have had radio advertising for a week or two prior, billboard, and attractive girls handing out free passes at the race.

Anything that draws people draws people with money...

Lena

Pamela
08-23-2003, 05:27 AM
Also when a new club opens i think the comfort level may be down alot. It's not like walking into a club full of women who have their 'pecking order' established already. I hate that.

But everyone is new! And you all learn the ropes of the club together.

Good luck,
Pamela :)

Melonie
08-24-2003, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't be afraid. Melonie's example is a worst case scenario and other than that if you want to broaden your horizons you can't be afraid to test new waters. The worst that can happen is you'll have slow night, an ok night or a good night.

Tina, while I'll agree that the odds of a new club being busted on opening night aren't really high, they ARE higher than those of a club being busted at any other time. This is particularly true of a new club which is the first to open in a given area, such that local residents take offense and put pressure on local politicians to "do something about this!!!!". I would not have posted about this possibility if it was a "one in a million" shot ! If a new club is opening in a suburban area which has never had a dance club before, I'd say that the odds of an opening night bust are somewhere around one chance in three !

Hopefully Kitten can give us an update as to what actually happened on opening night.