PDA

View Full Version : What fits with my costume??

Jayln
02-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Okay....so I am doing a set with a schoolgirl/dominatrix-ish costume and am at lost for music. I start out wearing a plaid skirt with black leather buckles, a shrunken white dress shirt buttoned over a leather bustier, fishnet thigh-his, and bondage collars. So the theme is schoolgirl gone very very bad. ;) So I was thinking something dark for the second song, maybe NIN or Disturbed? What does everyone think? I have no idea about a good first song when I still have the schoolgirl outfit on. The DJ suggested Hot For Teacher but that doesn't really go in my opinion. Any suggestions? Here are some songs I was thinking about:
Cherry Pie by Warrant
Cherry Lips by Garbage
Britney Spears ( :-/I know, I know, but it fits the theme)
Criminal by Fiona Apple
Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson
Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing by Chris Isaak
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

shadyivy1
02-25-2003, 09:32 AM
cheesy: Rock the cradle of love, Billy idol
Janies got a gun: aerosmith

ChadW
02-25-2003, 10:56 AM
There are some good suggestions in the post "song suggestions" a little further along this board started by Aussie Vee. She does a schoolgirl too.

Tre
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
'Wicked Garden' - Stone Temple Pilots

4:05; from the album 'Core'.

"Can you feel like a child?
Can you see what I want?
I wanna run through your wicked garden....
I wanna drink from your naked fountain....."

LEIGH_LANDON
02-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Shadyivy1 - dunno about that one suggestion...

Janies got a gun? thats about rape...yikes.

:-/

Tre
02-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Actually, it's about incest.

"What did her Daddy do? It's Janie's last I.O.U."

A good track, but I agree that it may not be the best choice for that specific theme.

Devastating Divyne
02-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Tainted love is good. I dance to it and always get a good response from the crowd. You have to work the outfit and use the music to your advantage. Example: Lyrics" Young thing loves to play" have the shirt tied up and not buttoned up, at this part rip open or off the shirt to expose the bustier .
Next part: Lyric" sorry I don't play that way, once I ran to you,now I run from you" After ripping the shirt open, bend over and run one hand up your leg while looking at the crowd from between your legs. U just went from good girl to bad girl. I just love this song and just always work the hell out of it.
Slave by Britney is good too. U just have to practice with the music b4 hand b/c it is actually slower than it seems.

doc-catfish
02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Jayln,

Might want to try "Girlschool" by Britny Fox

Cheesy 80's hair metal, but when you described your outfit, that's the first thing that came to my mind, well that and that other "Britney".

LEIGH_LANDON
02-25-2003, 03:37 PM
well thats just splittin hairs -

incest IS rape - no child willingly has sex with her daddy.

just my opinion.

Djoser
02-26-2003, 02:17 AM
The Cult--"Lil' Devil",

This is one of the hottest rock dance tracks ever created and the lyrics would go great with the outfit, BUT it is too short, at only 2 minutes 45 seconds you'll have to strip fast! I always say its a perfect song for [Lauren a couple of nights ago] because she's got the face of an angel, but she's a naughty little devil--and that's just the way we like her! I usually wind up playing this for one of those short T-shirt special songs, though. Now you got me thinking, I need to start looking for a longer remix!! "Wildflower" by the same band might work, it's longer at 3 &1/2 minutes.

I'd say "Cradle of Love", even though it's a bit overplayed--it's still got a great beat for stripping, for the first song.

"Wicked Garden" is a great idea, that song is how Faith, whom I was already calling "The Angel", got to be "The Wicked Angel", because she loves that song so much, and that's what she is...

Or for your second, instead of the same old "Closer" (I know, it's still good and I still play it) maybe try NIN's "Into the Void", it has the same insistent beat, and is just as good as Closer, with the additional benefit that it hasn't been played 900,000 times. But you do have to cut the first 40 seconds or so! It takes that long to get going. The "naughty little pussycat" Lucky always gets that one from me.

Being a Zombie fan, I would also be tempted to play "Living Dead Girl" (the longer, technoized remix version) for your second song.

Djoser

Pamela
02-26-2003, 03:33 AM
Also if you can pull it off with a very good stage show, (btw, the costume sounds great). "Sour Girl", by Stone Temple Pilots is great too! After all you are transforming from a sweet innocent school girl to a Dom. Sour girl may be tough for some lots of music, but the song it's self is short. I have danced to it, and loved it, but my theme was one of a naughty girl doing as she pleases with the pole. Outfit, torn fishnets, hair all teased out, lots of blue eyeshadow, red lipstick, and a black vinly bustier that ties up the front. G-string said "fuck off" on the crotch. After all it was a show for me to like him, then leave him, and become naughty. I pulled it off fine.

What ever you chose you sound like you have a great costume going, however pick a song that takes you from innocent to naughty if that the goal. Pamela ;)

Djoser
02-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Actually, if you are transforming to a dominatrix, you really ought to go with "The Power is Mine", by Lords of Acid, the "Our Little Secret" CD. Forget that stupid, lame ass "Show Me Your Pussy" (how I wish I had never heard--or at least never again had to hear-- that one!), as popular as this stupid song is, it has harmed their image musically.

Where "Pussy"is a wierd, silly sounding, and not very danceable tune with lyrics that are funny the first six or seven times (maybe) you hear them, "Power" remains as fine a song for stripping as I have ever heard, even without the lyrics (which I love even though I am not in the slightest bit into S & M), maybe because the woman's voice is so unreservedly sexual.

"Come on, boy, obey me...
Lick my boots and please me..."

The beat is as powerful and irresistable as the best NIN or Disturbed can offer, though not as angry/hard-edged as the latter. Every time I have ever played this song the guys' attention is riveted to the stage.

They'll be fighting to be first in line for VIP.

Jayln
02-27-2003, 02:20 AM
"The Power of Mine" is a great song, and I think it would work with the second part of my routine. Last night I did a contest with "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed and "Tainted Love" by Marilyn Manson because the crowd was definitely filled with rock fans. That seemed to go over pretty well, as I won the contest ;), but I think Lords of Acid would be a better match. LOL....And don't feel you are alone in your hatred of "Show Me Your Pussy," it's awful. If I saw a girl dance to that it would completely kill her routine, no matter how sexy she was. It's just tacky.

G_real
02-27-2003, 11:14 AM
I don't knwo the name of the song, but, your descirption reminds of "alice in chains", or maybe something a little off, the "relax" cover by powerman 5000. FYI go to rollingstone.com or mtv.com for some of the songs, that way you can listen to them without having to buy the damn cd.......

Veronika
03-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Sorta cheesy, but there is always that Layne Staley version of "Another Brick in the Wall". I personally really like it for the bad schoolgirl, Domme Teacher type thing. It is from a movie soundtrack but I can't remember which one.

EvilCyn
03-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Another one, on the cheezy side, but fits the bad school girl..I have used it, and being a well known song seems to work well
"smoken in the boy's room" by Motley Crue.
Being the bad school girl, they'd love to see ya caught in the boy's room.... LOL

Messi
03-09-2003, 08:30 PM
maybe the song by poison "talk dirty to me" or maybe even the depeche mode and rammstein song "stripped" would be good to! ;)

Meadow
09-26-2003, 06:07 AM
"Smells like teen spirit" bt Nirvana

mistresssmoker
09-27-2003, 06:07 PM
How about start the set with I wanna be a supermodel off that dumb clueless soundtrack, then like a virgin by Madonna and her two slutty sidekicks! Then really hit em with The girl tried to kill me by Ice Cube or was it Ice Tea? anyways a fab translation from good to bad then follow with completely miserable by Lit, or cry little sister from Lost Boys soundtrack. Just my suggestion.

Djoser
09-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Well, Well--a blast from the past...

So Jayln, how do you like dancing to "The Power is Mine"?

The very best song for a schoolgirl/dominatrix theme would have to be "Slave to Love" from the Farstucker CD, also by the Lords of Acid. It is track 5, but works best if you first play the last thirty seconds or so of track 4, which is really kind of an intro to the song.

Track 4 is called "Pain and Pleasure Concerto". It actually isn't a song at all, which is why only the last bit should be played in a SC. It consists of a dominatrix taunting (while giving a bit of exquisite torture to) another woman--who is incapable of making anything but orgasmic noises. DJs, turn the volume up for this part, but be ready...

There are sounds of whipping in the background, and at the very end, the dominatrix says "Take the pain!"--and boom--track five kicks right in, loud and strong.

For those of you who are sick to death, as I am, of that aforementioned "Pussy" song--don't worry, it sounds like a bunch of chipmonks singing compared to this. "Slave to Love" has an extremely powerful beat, and sounds as though it were done by an entirely different (and much better) band. "Pussy" may have made them a lot of money, but it is a damned shame it has ruined their appeal for so many by being played into the ground!

Apparently I really am the Psychic DJ, LOL--something tells me Jayln loves this one already.

Bad, bad, naughty girl...

mistresssmoker
10-21-2003, 02:10 AM
Ok I love that this schoolgirl thing just will not die! Heres a set that will transform you into a psycho brat and turn your audience right on!

1)"Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being" Artificial joy club

2)"The girl tried to kill me" Ice Tea or Cube-so good song about a psycho sex kitten who kicks the shit outa her date!

3)"Crazy" Aerosmith

4)"Crazy for you" Maddonna

Also for a more innocent set on a softer note:

1)"Crazy in Love"- Beyonce

2)"She's a maniac"-??

3)"Sweetsweet Jane"-Natural born killers sdtrk

4)"Crazy for you" Maddonna

And for alternative choices for music variety-Lets go crazy by Prince, Crazy by Brittney,