PDA

View Full Version : Madonna's new song, American Life

ChadW
02-26-2003, 07:51 PM
I downloaded two versions of this: one is a cool remix with very little vocal (goes for 5.34) and the other the original apparently, in French (!) Does anyone have other versions? Who was the remix by? And when is it released normally?

Tre
03-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Sorry it took me so long, Chad.

"The Mirwais-produced track, 'American Life', slated to be released in February, the first to be lifted from her forthcoming ninth studio album, scheduled for release in April.

The as-yet-untitled record is being co-produced by Mirwais, who worked on 2000's 'Music', and Madonna. Jacques Lu Cont, of Les Rhythmes Digitales, who was musical director and keyboard player during the 'Drowned World' tour, has also contributed to the record.

According to mtv.com, Madonna's publicist has denied earlier reports that she wanted to name her album in Hebrew, and was favouring 'Ein Sof', which means endlessness.

Jonas Ackerlund - who directed the acclaimed 'Ray Of Light' video – will also be directing the video for 'American Life'."

------------------
Mirwais, being a French DJ/producer ('uber-guru'), is the most likely source of the version en fran├žais. I'm not certain as to which came first, the chicken or the egg. ;D

ChadW
03-25-2003, 07:12 AM
I just downloaded the radio / album / single version of the song: it is ace! Like a cross between "Music" adn "Don't tell me" from her last studio cd. Love the electronic / synth feel that reminds you of the Human League and those other fab 80's synth bands. can't wait for the remixes! :D

ChadW
03-29-2003, 03:58 AM
So I am wondering if anyone knows who is doing the remixes, and where they can be dowloaded from? The mixes currently available for download suck. :-X

ChadW
04-07-2003, 02:48 PM
The Rauhofer Remix Part 1 is EXCELLENT!

The Felix Da Housecat mix is cool but needs to be longer.

Am waiting to hear the others - any of you guys heard them yet? Also there is a Visson remix of "Die another day" I want to hear too (I use the Felix Da Housecat remix of that for my James Bond Strip).

Djoser
04-07-2003, 03:27 PM
I don't know, I'll have to check these out, as I love a good remix! Sometimes they are disastrous, but sometimes you get a real winner that noone else has!Madonna's remixes tend to be better than most--in fact my favorite Madonna song is a remix of "Justify my Love" (Orbit 12" mix) that sounds nothing like the original whatsoever...

A lot of Madonna's stuff leaves me cold, especially the commercial schlock; "Material Girl" (I'm with you on that, Fire) being perhaps my least favorite, thus far I have been fortunate enough to have avoided playing THAT one, LOL. "Don't Cry for me Argentina" left me ready for a nap. That video she recently put out was ridiculous (how many times can she get killed, for Chrissakes!), but then I've never been a fan of these.

But you have to hand it to her, she keeps coming out, now and then, with devastatingly sexy songs, that more than make up for the bullshit.

Thanks for the tip!

Djoser

ChadW
04-29-2003, 08:11 PM
All the remixes are out now (so they say) and my vote goes to the Rauhofer Mixes part 1 and II - theya re both differnt from the other. The others are OK, but these are winners. The album is good too btw.

Meadow
09-26-2003, 06:12 AM
I am currently using the song "Skin" by Madonna. Very upbeat techno song. [dazzled]

Naomi_Tx
09-26-2003, 11:03 AM
I cringe when I hear a Madonna song, especially American Life. I don't care for the lyrics.

It's sad cause I used to love her old stuff; but, like DJoser mentioned, it now leaves me cold.

Although I still love Bad girl, do you guys know of a good remix for the club?
And I have, on rare occasion, danced to Burning up.

Pamela
09-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Skin is good. I have always like "Justify my love" very sexy song to strip to!