PDA

View Full Version : Contest music

Lena
03-25-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm doing a contest in a few weeks and looking for the right music. I'm going to start out bellydancing with candles and then work into a wax show or a lotion show or both... so I want some bellydance-ish music that won't alienate the customers or make the dj hate me. Stuff kind of like Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence," but different.

Thanks,
Lena

Pamela
03-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh God Lena you'll probably kill me but i have to say ENIGMA.
Sorry just my choice, "principles of lust", for candles and wax show! Lotion, it would work, very sexy moves indeed.
:o

Djoser
03-25-2003, 09:50 PM
A perfect song for bellydance style striptease would be "The Gap", by the Thompson Twins, a late 80's/early90's proto-techno group along the lines of Information Society. It has a definite Middle Eastern sound but is backed up by a great dance beat. No one could ever get mad about you playing it.

I used to play it for Rhiannon, one of my all time favorites, who had done some belly dancing before, and she loved it. BUT it is 8:33 minutes long, so be sure you tell the DJ to cut out the end!

Enigma, or perhaps "Terra Firma" by Delerium, would be great for when you break out the candles and lotion...

LEIGH_LANDON
03-26-2003, 02:12 AM
hmmm - not to alienate? I always find if you are doing stuff or are really enjoying yourself the guys forget there is EVEN music LOL!
I do a belly dance thing and use Tarken...is it fast or slow tunes you are looking for?

LEIGH_LANDON
03-26-2003, 02:13 AM
Hey how about an oldie but a goodie? Paula Abdul - My Love is For Real ? That was full of that middle eastern flavor.

Jayln
03-26-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure if it's too fast paced or if you dislike r&b, but there is a song called "Addicted" by a woman named Truth Hurts that is really cool. The girls in the video bellydance as well actually. It's sooo sexy, and maybe you could have the DJ cut out the small rap verse. It has a great beat to dance to.

ChadW
03-29-2003, 04:11 AM
There is a cool song - also from the 80's - called "Living on the ceiling" by Blancmange. It has a really cool eastern riff. I recently downloaded the extended version.

Pamela, I was FORCED to strip to an Enigma song recently, and it was a disaster. The beat is too esoteric, and the mood way too sombre, like being at a frigging funeral! The strip was a DUD! :-[ >:( If you made it work I would LOVE to know how! ???

Pamela
03-29-2003, 04:54 AM
Principles Of Lust is a BIGGIE when it comes to stage shows. Lapdances, the song will kill you. (have to be cut).
Ever since i saw the movie "Boxing Helena", and they played that song while a woman did sexy poses and got laid, i thought it would be a great song to danec too! It is. Your routine has got to be about sex though, (if you know what i mean).
It brings me lots of money in, so i try not to use the song much and have guys get bored from it. Some of Enigma, i could never do a routine to.

With Principles of Lust, the beat is easy to follow, even on a pole! It's all about sex! I think you had the wrong song for a dance, it could not have been that one or many others by them. But i will say, some of their music is f**k music, while others are just good to listen to and wind down. ;)

Lena
03-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Oh, perfect Pamela, thanks :-)

Thanks for the other suggestions too, guys, I'm still downloading most of the songs.

If you have more ideas, keep em coming!

Lena

Pamela
03-30-2003, 03:33 AM
I'm glad you like the song Lena. You did download righ? I think it's super sexy. And first pick if you want candles and lotion. All the chanting is right on. And if you have the uncut version, during the heavy breathing part she actually says "fuck me" in a whisper. Total sex. I say go for it, the song was made for sex and dancing!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Sorry...I am Enigma freak with my being a Pole freak :-/
PS Lena pm me about your other Job, if you still do it.

McCain
03-30-2003, 04:26 AM
"Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" - Pink Floyd
"Tell Me" - Billie Myers
"Taste Of India" - Aerosmith
Maybe the occasional Tori Amos tune?

McCain