PDA

View Full Version : Need song suggestions

ChadW
02-20-2003, 12:40 PM
I just finished a stint working some new songs / acts with a choreographer, and decided to ditch a song. Trouble is, I can't think of what to replace it with. It is for my Road Warrior / mad max set, and it is the 2nd song in the set; needs to be up tempo and warrior / action hero / macho themed. Thought of "Two tribes" (FGTH) but not the right choice. Any suggestions?

Djoser
02-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Crystal Method's new CD "Tweekend" has two songs that would work well. Actually every single song on this CD rocks, but wouldn't you know it--the weakest track is, you guessed it, the one they picked to play on the radio. These guys aren't really macho fighting types ( and don't just cuss all the time), but two songs on the CD sure sound like it, or fit the mood you are looking for!

Track 5 "Name of the Game" Has a great line: "Listen up all you motherf**kers..." If that doesn't get their attention, they're dead. Best track on a hot CD.

Track 11"Tough Guy" Has an even better line: "Come on motherf**ker, you were the man a minute ago..." Once again, it definitely gets their attention. This is not as fast but has as strong a beat as you could ask for, one of the most powerful songs I have ever heard. I have actually used this one to deflate the ego of a jerk bouncer fom another club I had trouble with who was getting all cocky one night. He knew exactly why I was playing it, and left immediately. The customers loved it, as did the dancer, and noone was the wiser.

Ok, that's great, but this is better, a little more of a rock sound, but still a heavy techno feel, and Chad, check out the name of the group---Hate Dept. (yes, it's abbreviated, why I don't know)---the CD name is Technical Difficulties, and you want Track 6 "Release It". It would be perfect.

Going back a little you might try A Split Second 1991 remixes CD Flesh & Fire--proto techno/industrial but with a rock feel
Track 3 Cold War in the Brainbox--colosseum mix

"kickin ass, kickin ass, macho chickens in the underpass" etc. etc.

Track 4 Close Combat/Muscle Machine--double beat club mix---this is great for the mood you ae looking for, but very industrial, not all audiences will go for it.

I love a lot of intense, heavy music that is good to hit the bag to, so I have a lot of this stuff, if you want more, I'll tell you some more.

I'm getting Zaza riled up playing all this macho shit to check lyrics, she started whipping the chair with her belt, and S & M ain't my thing, so we're going to play some Morphine and kick back, now.

Djoser

Veronika
02-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Ahhhh! Hate Dept. "Release It"! That is a good song. In fact there is a whole Release It EP with some remixes. I need to pick that up next time I'm in SF or Seattle because I dance to it and play it at my Goth/Industrial type club night (yeah...go laugh;)) and I can't get a copy of it in Reno!

ChadW
02-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks Djoser - a man who knows his music (and his pharaohs too I think!!!) :) I will check out your suggestions immeadiately - they sound just what I need. Cheers dude.

maui
03-27-2003, 07:35 PM
"Warriors of the Wasteland" by FGTH's Liverpool album

I just finished a stint working some new songs / acts with a choreographer, and decided to ditch a song. Trouble is, I can't think of what to replace it with. It is for my Road Warrior / mad max set, and it is the 2nd song in the set; needs to be up tempo and warrior / action hero / macho themed. Thought of "Two tribes" (FGTH) but not the right choice. Any suggestions?

ChadW
03-29-2003, 01:08 PM
I tried looking for a remix of "Warriors of the wasteland", but couldn't get one suitable enough.

I tried some of the above suggestions, they are good but didn't fit as well with the look of the character, the moves I am using and the feel I wanted. So below is a list of what I settled on, and this only in the last few days! (the costume only arrived last week from Oz and I just met this cool DJ guy who has mixed all my stuff so it sounds awesome):

Opening words intro from "Tomorrow people" Billy Idol
The Real Thing by Raven Maize
Cars (super dj remix) by Gary Numan
Du hast (remix I think) by Rammstein

I have been hired to do this as a set at the end of April that will run for a month two nights a week of male strip revues - Wednesday night for the ladies, Sundays for the guys. Will let you know how it comes over.