PDA

View Full Version : Grammys

Tre
02-23-2003, 03:36 PM
All I have to say is:

Highlights of the night-

The cut of Faith Hill's dress

Springsteen/Van Zandt/Grohl/Costello's tribute to Joe Strummer and The Clash on 'London's calling'

Springsteen and The E-street band's performance of 'The Rising'

{Edit; How could I forget...}
James Taylor and Yo-Yo Ma. A flawless performance.

Biggest disappointment of the night:

Norah Jones' win over Bruce in the best album category.
He was robbed. Completely, and blindly. :P

Where will Norah be in 25 years, and how many years prior to that will she have under her belt?

smurfalicious
02-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Hopefully still singing away with that gorgeous voice of hers! I was stunned the first time I heard her. And now I'm delighted she kicked ass tonight. Gawd, if that little poseur Avril would have won anything, I'd yack. Sk8er Boi? What the hell is that shit. It's Sk8r. Duh! :P

I'm so pissed Faith won, there were so many better options. That song blew. And John Mayer? He's annoying too.

Bah!!!

love and cookies
-smurf

Tre
02-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Oh, I'm not denying her talent. I simply would have liked to have seen Springsteen's never-ending passion for making music honoured tonight.

There are very few artists who can record an album (with original backing band) after 25 years, and still rock the doors off the garage.

As for Mayer; I totally agree.
I cringed at the sour guitar note he hit while performing that song that I've heard faaaar too many times.
*Relax on the improvising John. Your talent is limited.

hollyday
02-23-2003, 05:45 PM
thanks for the review tre

much more interesting than joan rivers ;)

Messi
03-09-2003, 08:06 PM
yeah thanks tre. I was also really disappointed that bruce did not win. I was hoping that eminem would not win( thank goodness), but he was completely robbed. Norah is good, just not that good! :-/