PDA

View Full Version : Concert Fire

Tre
02-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Last night (Thurs.) a terrible tragedy occurred at a Rhode Island rock concert.

During a pyrotechnics stunt at a Great White concert something went wrong, which caused the insulation in the ceiling and walls of the venue to burst into flames.

Of course, at first, this was believed to be part of the show.
News reports claimed that within three minutes of the pyros going awry the club was engulfed in flames.

At last report, the death count was already at 60; the missing include one of the guitarists for Great White.

The main cause of the fatalities was the lack of knowledge for proper exiting procedures.
While there were plenty of available exits, Officials stated that many were ignored while the most convenient exits were rushed by the panicking crowd.

A very important lesson should be learned here.

---------------------------------
(Not to take away from the tragic nature of this event, but it does make a strong argument for staying in rock-retirement.)

Theresa
02-21-2003, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I just read about that this morning. What a horrible thing to happen. :'(

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/21/deadly.nightclub.fire/index.html

Tre
02-21-2003, 05:05 AM
From report:"Then panic broke out, according to videographer Brian Butler, who was taping the rock concert for a story on nightclub safety.

How's that for irony. ::)

Pamela
02-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Gosh i saw a girl on the news who was almost stomped to death. People panic (normal), and they said no one really was using the fire exits. How sad.
Pamela

03-09-2003, 07:45 PM
That is really sad. My husband was a big fan of theirs and when he heard about the fire he broke down and cried. It makes you think that you need to not take life for granted and if you slow down just a bit, there is always something taht you missed. i.e the fire exits :-/