PDA

View Full Version : ANy New MUsic L8ly?

kalani
03-01-2003, 10:08 PM
hey im getting really bored of the same lame stuff playing over and over i was just wondering if any one has heard anything new recently. some girl from seatle came to the club and brought along this really cool song, i'm pretty sure it goes something like "ready shteady go! difficult to explain anyhoo thank you in advance... :)

Djoser
03-02-2003, 03:46 AM
That is fom Paul Oakenfold's newest CD--about 6 months old--called "Bunkka" (whatever the hell that means). It is one of the best CDs I have heard in a long time. Oakenfold here breaks away from the slick, too fast techno (I love techno, but not some of the really fast frenetic, discoey sounding stuff that's been coming out recently) he's been doing for a while, and explores all kinds of new musical ground. This CD has something for everyone.

My favorite dance tune on this CD is called "Dance All Night" (I think, I can't find the damned cover right now),and has a great line "...starry-eyed surprise..." which I gave to Candy from Jamaica, she has some of the brightest eyes I have ever seen. Seeing as how she is The Starry-Eyed Surprise, I was glad to paint a star on her back last night--not one of those lame five-pointers, but a fine diamond shaped star with a halo, done in flourescent paint...

But that's off topic, you can read more about that in the "Bike Week 2003" in general topics.

This CD also has some excellent slow, sensuous tracks which if your club will let you play them, are right up there with Enigma.

Ariel, I agree it is time for some new music...

It is out there! There is actually a tremendous proliferation of new and hot music--it's a question of breaking out of the usual lame sources we rely on for the new stuff, and exploring on our own. MTV has been getting better, from what little I can bear to watch, but there are a hell of a lot better places to find music--like here, for instance. If you tell me what kind of stuff you like, maybe I can help you out.

Djoser

Devastating Divyne
03-02-2003, 07:31 AM
There's an old song that is really cool. Perhaps u have heard of the group berlin. Well they had this song called the metro. THere's a remix called Berlin: THe MEtro ( The sigue sigue sputnik remix). Sounds totally different from the original and does well in clubs.

kalani
03-02-2003, 10:15 PM
i did ficsherspooner as suggested by i believe colette and it was great. it feels soo good to dance to something new especially when its slow its motivation to go to work so you can dance to your new song...lol sounds stupid but its refreshing non the less.

Djoser
03-03-2003, 01:59 PM
You are so right Ariel, that is the only thing I can do when I see a dancer suffering on a bad night, is try to play something, preferably new, that will help her deal with it. Amazing how well this works, and sometimes it will even turn the night around and get things rolling!

I am a DJ to inspire the dancers to put their heart and soul into it--ideally, every single song. I endure the bullshit that goes with the job for the privilege of aiding the creative process, and to see the results. Being on this forum is really great, because here I can talk to people like you, who are trying to create erotic art, not just the same old T & A bullshit. Art isn't easy, we need all the help we can get!

Djoser

PS Thanks for the recommendation about Crazytown, Merely! I will definitely pick that up...

4Sum
03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
try T - Pain feat. Mike Jones " I'm in love with a stripper "

Cally
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
^^^ Have you noticed that this topic ended in 2003? And the 'im in love with a stripper' song is retarded *shrug* just my opinion ;) Guess its cuz im a rock chick :D

4Sum
03-07-2006, 04:43 AM
:-[ First time to a strip club just three days ago. Four lap dances by the same girl (Fantasy). Wanted to find more about this new world that I was exposed to, so I decided to browse around the internet. Found this Forum and loved it. So many songs that I've never heard before and now cannot live without listening to them (Thanks Djoser and the rest of you's). Sorry I couldn't help you with any knew songs yet. I will catch up soon. Maybe I can help in the future. (Oh God, I sound sooo dorky) ;D