PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of THIS song?

ChadW
02-05-2003, 07:49 PM
I saw a song at a club a few nights ago (I am on holiday in Australia) and it was a remix / rework of Blondie's "Rapture", but very different from the original. At one point, Debbie Harry's vocal from the original kicked in for a moment, but most of it was the other chick who was singing it. In the clip, she is holding a 12" vinyl disc and some hockey players on skates steal it from her and play game with it. Do you know what this is called and who it is by? It is not "Rapture" - I saw the title and forgot it but know it was not named after the original that it samples.

Djoser
02-05-2003, 09:23 PM
I don't know--but I already know this--I must have it! I love Blondie, I love the song "Rapture", and as anyone who has read my posts knows, I love remixes...

I might have to break down and get cable, because even though I detest MTV, their attempts to manipulate and control consumers, and their disgusting habit of ruining my favorite songs with inane and juvenile video clips, I am missing out on a lot of music--there is so much good stuff out there!!

I'm betting that Tre or McCain will know, they are amazing in the depth and diversity of their musical wisdom. Tell you what, I'm going to Kazaa right now and see if I can beat them to it.

Thanks Chad, for the tip,

Djoser

Tre
02-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Could be, from the "UK Special Limited Edition MCD":

~Rapture~
The "Dennis the '88 remix"
OR
The "Teddy Riley remix."
------------------------------

Another that I know of; (description taken from Discla*mers's Top MP3 list):

Plastic Bertrand: "Stop Ou Encore"

"A funky French rip-off of Blondie's "Rapture," sung by a guy with the most endearingly wussy voice I've ever heard. The song was featured in the film Three Kings....."

toby1974
12-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey guys, it sounds like a remix by Erasure that came out a few years ago.

PS: Djoser is a hottie.

Blade
12-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Ya dug up a post that was almost 3 yrs old to say Djoser is a hottie?
I'm going to let this post stay only cuz Djoser is a fellow dj and now I have shit to pick on him about,lol

ChadW
12-24-2005, 11:24 PM
I freaked when I saw this thread up again - and you know wot? I never found that song!!!!