PDA

View Full Version : Non-review

Belinda
06-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Good, workable music hijacked by commercial advertisers (Dirty Vegas), what do you do? Cut it from your sets or keep using it and deal w/the jokes as they come?

Great (IMHO) workable tunes that originate in commercials (Elvis vs. JXL) or obscure songs in movies ("High Voltage" in Swordfish that isn't on the soundtrack release). Do you use it or just buy and dance yer ass off at home?

McCain
06-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Well, hon, I play whatever I like, for the most part. Damn the comments. So long as it is isn't against club rules, and isn't too bizarre, it shouldn't matter.

I mean, good grief, it isn't quite what youare talking about, but last night I was dancing to the theme song from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer tv show, and that is *so* commercialized. I had one snarky comment made about it, but everyone else seemed to eat it up.

If you love the song, I would go ahead and play it.

McCain

Bridgette
06-18-2002, 09:15 AM
I agree 100%. You dance to what you like, within reason, and you will perform better and earn better.

Pryce
06-18-2002, 10:23 AM
I'd run up and tip for the Dirty Vegas song! That song just makes you wanna dance!

Bridgette
06-18-2002, 04:40 PM
What is this Dirty Vegas song?

Belinda
06-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Consensus is reached. I'm keeping my weird-ass commercial music and holding my head up high as the rabid consumer that I have worked so diligently to become. ;D

Belinda
06-18-2002, 04:51 PM
What is this Dirty Vegas song?
"Days Go By"
Hijacked by a car commercial (Mitsubishi?)

Pryce
06-18-2002, 05:38 PM
Like Belinda said, it's "Days Go By" by "Dirty Vegas". My favorite version is the "Mitsubishi Eclipse" mix...also called the "Hot Shit" mix. I know it's lame to like the commercial version, but it has the best vocals and pacing of all the versions I've heard. So :P

Tre
02-01-2003, 04:29 PM
I finally got around to unwrapping the single for this track (yeah, I'm lazy), and thought I'd contribute.

The single release for this song includes the 7" mix, the full vocal mix, and (I assume, the original architecture): a stripped acoustic version.

The acoustic version is actually quite beautiful, and imo, the cream of all the versions I've heard.

McCain
02-02-2003, 04:00 AM
I agree fully with Tre, as this single was one of my Christmas goodies from Tre.... (yes, it's true, I'm thelazy one here)
The acoustic is my favorite,and it is so sweet sounding.

McCain

Pamela
02-05-2003, 06:24 AM
It is after all an actuall song! If people picture an Eclipse, that is their problem. Pamela ;)