PDA

View Full Version : Starting new club database, help!

Pryce
08-09-2003, 09:49 AM
:) GirlFriday and I have started a new project. If you've tried to leave a review on our boards, you've probably found it somewhat awkward. That is because I tried to modify the forum to handle it. It's not really the right software for the job. So we've decided to write a better, easier to use, faster, more complete database system ourselves. It's a pretty big job that we're hoping to have complete by the beginning of October. The largest part of that job requires building a stripclub database that lists all of the clubs in the US.

I'm sweating already.

If you have any time to provide the information below for clubs you know, it would help out a LOT!! You could just reply to this topic and post the info in the format as below...I'll post a couple of examples in a couple of minutes.

[hr]
name
address
city
state
zipcode
country
phone
email
website
hours
club_type (allowed values are: bikini, lingerie, pasties, topless, nude, peep)
dance_type (allowed values are: none, stage only, table, lap, couch, bed, private)
dance_cost
vip_type (allowed values are: none, lap area, seperate lap area, private room)
vip_cost
menu (allowed values are: none, snacks, lunch, lunch & dinner, dinner, gourmet)
bar (allowed values are: none, BYOB, beer, beer & wine, full, juice & soda, soda)
cover
dress_code (allowed values are: none, no shorts or work clothes, no hats and neat clothing, no jeans or untucked shirts, tie)
dancers (allowed values are: women, men, men & women)
features (allowed values are: regularly, occationaly, never)
customers (allowed values are: females only, males only, couples, members only, everyone welcome)
specials

Pryce
08-09-2003, 10:19 AM
If you don't know something, use an * in it's place.

Pleasures
3570 E Foothill Blvd
Pasadena
California
USA
Sunday-Friday 11am-2am
bikini
couch
lap area
lunch & dinner
full bar
none
female
occationally
everyone welcome
2 for 1's

Deja Vu Showgirls
7350 Coldwater Canyon
North Hollywood
California
USA
[email protected]
http://main.dejavu.com/clubs/24/index.php
Sun-Thur 12pm-3am, Fri-Sat 12pm-4am
Nude
lap
private room
none
soda
none
female
never
everyone welcome
$1 dances

Bridgette
08-09-2003, 04:06 PM
In the dresscode section, perhaps add an option for no hats/neat attire. Some clubs do have dresscodes but they don't fit any of the above options. Many only have a 'no hat' rule, and many have something like a 'neat attire, no ripped clothes' rule. Clubs that cater to tourists often fit in this category, as they can't disallow the tourists who pack almost nothing but khaki shorts and/or jeans.

Pryce
08-10-2003, 05:29 AM
Thanks Bridgette, I changed 'em to allow for that now :)

sadbuttrue
08-10-2003, 07:05 AM
What type of database are you using? Are you pooling the information from other sites?

-Sad-

Sleepy
08-10-2003, 07:16 AM
The largest part of that job requires building a stripclub database that lists all of the clubs in the US.
What about the Canadian clubs ???

Pryce
08-10-2003, 10:51 AM
sad > it will by a MySQL database. We just need the data. Most of the stuff we have now has been collected from newsgroups, club websites, and what we've recieved from members online. :)

Sleepy > the database is being designed to handle any country, but I don't have access to a lot of out of the country data, if you have any to provide, i will happily take it :)

NikkiD
08-11-2003, 04:13 AM
Name: Deja Vu Showgirls
Add: 8920 South Tacoma Way
City/ST: Tacoma, Washington
Zip: 98409
Phone: (253) 589-8656
Hours: M-Sat: 11am-2am
Sun: 3pm-2am
Type: Nude
Dances: Couch, Private, Shower
Vip: Separate Lap Area, Champagne Room
Cost: Dances: $20 Champagne: $200/30min. Shower:$25
Menu: None
Bar Type: Soda
Dress Code: None
Dancers: Women
Features: Monthly
Customers: Men & Women
Specials: Sun: Military ID, Get in Free
Mon: Deja Vu gear, Wear it, Get in Free
Tues: 2 for 1 dances every hour
Wed: Amateur & Couple/Ladies Get in Free
Thurs: Show Union ID or Customers over
30, Get in Free
Fri: Concert or other ticket stubs, Get in Free
Sat: Lady Lotto, drawings for free dances
drink minimums apply

crazybob
08-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Crazyhorse Gentlemen's Club
2255 East Kearney St.
Springfield, Missouri
USA
(417) 866-8785
[email protected]
http://www.crazyhorseclub.com
Tues & Wend 7pm - 1am, Thurs, Fri & Sat 7pm- 3am
Nude
lap
$15
None
Snack
Soda, BYOB ( till 10pm )
$8
None
Female only
Never
Men & Women
Bachlor party and Birthday party special's, on stage
lapdance's with 4 girl's for bachlor's and birthday's
$30 includes a t-shirt, Military discount 25% off door,
Women discount 50% off door, wear in a club t-shirt
and get 25% off door

Pryce
08-11-2003, 08:57 AM
AH! I made a mistake. The allowed values for dancers and customers were switched. I fixed it now, don't worry, when I'm inputing the data, we'll get it right for those already posted. Thanks for the data so far! :)

Pryce
09-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Whew!! Just to update everyone, GirlFriday and I have not been sleeping over here! We've been mostly quiet because we've been working on a new look for SCJ and we've been building our club database.

The SCJ design is almost complete and we've collected and are currently editing the information for over 5000 strip clubs in the world. It's been a ton of work and we've got a lot more to do - just wanted to keep you all updated. Thanks to all those who've sent in info to help!

:)

Pryce
09-16-2003, 09:55 PM
The database now exists! We've added all the club data we have - over 6000 clubs!!! Before the database goes public I have to code software to allow searches, review, and more. And GirlFriday is going to verify as much as the data as she can. :) So there's still a lot of work to be done - I'm guessing 2 weeks - 2 months.

We'll keep everyone updated.

If you haven't seen it yet, we've also redesigned http://www.stripclubjunkie.com - underconstruction too but now public.

Pryce