PDA

View Full Version : So today I woke up and realized...

Pryce
06-14-2003, 08:21 AM
So today I woke up and realized I run a web-forum.

Because of the size the forum has grown to I'm going to have to employ administration techniques used by others. While I've always had the option, I tried to do things differently because of my personal convictions.

I realize that I cannot be idealistic - this is the real world, not a perfect one. While I will still do things in my own way and try new things - when it comes to administration functions things will be more traditional.

LEIGH_LANDON
06-14-2003, 11:23 AM
You do whatever you need to do Pryce, I think we are pretty well together on being behind you on this site. (most of us anyhow...the odd troll not counted k?)

This is a wicked ass community made from all shapes kinds sizes races opinions life experiences, and in some weird way this is a valuable connection to our world and some of the outside world as well - that I for one appreciate no matter the flare ups or occasional troll, I think...for the most part ..the grand purpose is served.

We occasionally throw you a high five or kudos , and if you can stomach it - here's just one more, thank you for Stripperweb.
I love it here.

Cheers, Leigh

Jay Zeno
06-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Pryce, I tried to run my business once in a model that went against the grain in terms of how my employees did things and met their responsibilities.

It was fun while it lasted, but after a while, it settled to the same sort of model that I see elsewhere.

Business inertia doesn't always like innovation. Business is fairly conservative (I mean economically and by practice) by nature.

You do a great job here. I'm sure you'll find the best road to take to find the best solutions to the issues. You're smart and you're fair. It'd be fun to have you for a business partner (if I ever took on another partner - another concept that didn't work). Your work is highly impressive.

Brandi
06-24-2003, 04:07 AM
Hey, Pryce why don't you list somewhere what you need help with in order of importance, i'm sure many would be willing and happy to help if they knew what needed doing. :)

Pamela
06-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Re: So today I woke up and realized...
this is a happening board!!!!
Pamela

crazybob
06-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Although I feel I am still rather new to this forum and to be honest this is the only board I have ever participated in. I think you do a great job at being a fair and honest arbitrator in a popular and somewhat volatile atmosphere. Member's are also learning that by attempting to stomp out a fire you can sometime's cause it to spread. Leaving it alone, it will always burn out and go away. I once read here that if a subject flare's your emotion's walk away from it and calm down before posting in rage to end up making a pointless argument you will wish you had made differently at a later time. This has worked tremendously well for me and I feel has made my point's posted much more effective.

If there is ever anything I can do to assist in the metamorphosis of this site other then follow the rule's please contact me.

From what I have witnessed of other forum's used in reference since I have been here, you run a very strong, user friendly forum that is moderated much better then any other's. Probably being the biggest reason I settled in here to call home.

Good luck in your endeavors and you deserve all the prop's you get and more.