PDA

View Full Version : Re: Overmoderation and declining credibility....

Pryce
05-12-2003, 01:44 PM
If you want to point something out, do so, but don't waste my time making fake quotes and unsubstantiated accusations.

As for over moderation, the fact that you've been allowed to "lurk" here for so long proves otherwise.

Pryce
05-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I asked you to support your claims and all you do is try to play more games. As I said, I don't have the time. *Checkmate* [beamup]

For those who care, ML started this complaint after I removed a post of his that linked to a webpage where these comments were made:

Come on boys...don't give up...If nothing else....just to piss those stripper web chicks off.

I would love to see you give those stripperweb ladies your piece of mind...their pot needs to be stirred up a little bit.

most of the hoes talking shit on that board end up with dicks in their mouths every day.

I was going to post there (StripperWeb) and suggest three or four other threads for them to read just so I could go back later and check out the carnage

Djoser
05-12-2003, 04:02 PM
I knew you were a troll from day one, LURKING. What kind of fucking name is that, anyway?

You have come on here innumerable times, just to piss these women off, only to backpedal and act innocent. Just "stating the facts", weren't you?

Bullshit...

Who in hell enters a room full of women, angry that nastier customers are pressuring them rudely for blowjobs, and announces gleefully how cheaply he can get them.

If your house is on fire, do you try to douse it with gasoline, then claim you just wanted to objectively view the results?

After all, it's not your fault that gasoline is highly inflammible, is it?

The fact that Pryce is even stooping to answer your inane and ineffective jibes and whining, is proof that he is far more objective, patient, and hell yes, moderate, than you have any right to expect him to be...

I'd have banned your ass long ago.

Bridgette
05-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Merely_Lurking is hardly a lurker, and is much more of a trouble-maker than anyone I've seen here in a while. Repeatedly posting obviously inflammatory comments then removing and trying to act all innocent. Talk about major passive-aggressive, childish behaviour. Yes I agree the fact that he hasn't been banned ages ago speaks to Pryce's massive tolerance concerning these forums!

05-13-2003, 05:48 AM
That is completely unfair. First of all, that was not the reason I was upset. Also, the only quote on there that was made by me was the one about your pot being stirred up a bit. It certainly does. That thread, from ASPD, discusses some of the prices of services in strip clubs, which directly relevant to certain accusations made at me that I was trying to piss people off, when all I was doing was relaying information. Only a few of the posts were insulting to the ladies here, none posted by me. If the only men you allow on this site are complete pussy asskissers such as djoser, (Have you taken your scheduled bong-hits today yet, dude?), you will never understand where stripclub customers are coming from, but you really don't want to know, do you? What's this b.s. about game playing, Pryce. The only game I have played is trying to engage in realistic conversation regarding strip club activity and the various things, both positive and negative that occur in them. If I seem to dwell on negative issues, it is because no one else cares to address them. You ladies obviously prefer to stay in your warm, safe little cubbyholes where you get to dance for perfect gentlemen, who have no desire to touch you or be stimulated in any manner, but just will pay you boatloads of money to stare in awe at your hypothetical beauty.
Yes, I am disappointed in you, Pryce. It seemed like you were going to keep things balanced around here and that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Your biggest problem is that you can't handle anybody questioning the way you run things, and then you edit posts in a manner that means something entirely different then the poster intended. Very skewed and authoritarian of you.
Anyway, it probably doesn't matter that much. There were only ever 3 or 4 dancers on this site and the occasional non-dancer that ever had anything relevant to say. Go ahead and continue to prop yourselves up and tell yourselves how awesome all of you are, and never feel guilty about anything you do to earn a customer's money, its all fair game. Tell yourselves anything you want to make yourselves feel good. Just make sure you stay on that cloud for the rest of your lives so that you will never have to look back with any regrets.
This forum is dedicated to a very small fraction of the dancer population, and never wanted any sort of full spectrum of views. It is only declining in that regard.

Pamela
05-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Just a note to ML,
don't feel i ever had a problem with you. We did disagree, big deal, right? A few dancers on this board ? A few i have actually met, at the clubs in my area. They do dance, as so did i. I just stopped. And because someone says something that does not seem to measure up to what you want to hear, we have nothing worth while to say ?
How confusing. We are individuals, all with different opinions. You want the same group of people to agree with you, and nothing more ? Find a suppport group, i mean therapy.
That is said with no intention to make you upset, but you have got to roll with the punches in life, or you quickly become a minority.
Good luck to you. You are talking to dancers here, and ladies who want to be. You are on the other side of the fence. Men can't tell us what to say, or how to do our jobs. It's all a personal preference. Quite interesting actually, how others live their lives. Not one of is are the same, but we dance, or have, or want to. Thats pretty damn cool!!!! Read your post it is harsh, you are making assumptions. Let well enough alone.
Pamela

Pryce
05-13-2003, 09:53 AM
From the SC Junkie site:

Maybe I don't completely understand where you are coming from with the game playing thing...You are probably a good sport for letting me to continue to post here (SC Junkie), I don't belong on the pink site. I'll give you credit for that. Anyway, I've ranted long enough and you seem like you have more important things to do than argue with me.

Then here you posts:

What's this b.s. about game playing, Pryce. The only game I have played is trying to engage in realistic conversation regarding strip club activity and the various things, both positive and negative that occur in them.

If I had the time I would pull up more posts. My point is that you play up any side you can find to play. Members have also forward me some of your pm's with them. In them you can see moreso the many sides of ML. In that respect you had me for a bit too. Because you would make the occasional decent point I kept giving you the benifit of doubt, despite many requests for your removal. I hoped in that time, you would find yourself a place here...but you continue to "stir" up trouble. By trouble I do not mean counter points or unpopular views, but you say and do things in a way to bother people. Your tactic is to pull it on one or two people and then retract and try to cover it up (sometimes even removing your posts) by appealing to others. I have now been on both sides of it now. That ML is your game and I am done playing.

As for the quotes, yes I realize you did not make them all, I never said you did, but who is worse...the one who makes the bomb or the one who drops it. That thread in particular was calling for posts that would upset the ladies here and then begging for someone to post the link here to purposely enrage the ladies. Another game I will not play.

You can browse around and see the many points that have been expressed, while I will agree, the majority appear to be anti-extras, we have allowed pro-extras view. In fact, stated several times, the official SW stance on extras is that there is nothing wrong with them as long as they are performed in clubs where the majority of dancer perform them and management condones them. Everyone must realize that everyone has their own comfortability level when it comes to extras. For some it is lap dancing, for others grinding, for others bj's.

As for being disappointed, don't worry, finding balance is a top priority of this site. Another important thing to remember is that your sense of balance is different for everyone elses. I can never please everyone, but I do try my best. Another thing you have to consider and the largest difficulty for me is that to find balance the way most want (including yourself) is to quiet others. If I do that, I have done the same thing you are complaining about, just on the other side of the fence. The true problem remains unsolved. The other option is to do away with moderation 100%, again, we have seen many times on other sites that that does not work. I am looking for a way to allow 1500 members and 1500 daily guests to all feel like they are free to express themsevles, but prevent them for stepping on each others toes. Not only honest members who are looking to learn and share, but also jackasses who want to "stir the pot". Obviously, if I had that answer, I could bring peace to the entire planet. There is no answer like that (yet), but everyday I explore ideas and options to bring about that peace.

As for not allowing people to question the way thing are ran, why do you think this forum exists? I have given out my email address, my instant messenger (to some), I respond here daily, I consult with members and moderators before making large changes...etc. That sounds to me like I do take feedback. If you disagree, so be it.

Finally, about being authoritarian. I think I'm going to take a more authoritarian role on the site. As stated by several members, I sort of serve as the bouncer and manager of this site. The ladies are the priority here...no matter where they stand on issues. I am here to keep the peace and to promote the sharing of information (as a forum moderator). If someone stands in that way or causes trouble, it is my duty to handle it. I promise to do what I can to keep the site free and balanced, but I must draw lines and make calls. Never will 100% of everyone agree with me. All I can do is my best by my own standards.

Obviously, as the largest site of it's kind, I must be doing something right...not to mention the last two months of "general" peace.

For now, after much debate, that's where I stand. Of course I'm not done thinking on the topic, but for all those curious that's where I am. Feel free to leave feedback...

Pryce

GirlFriday
05-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Hello All,

Would it be beneficial to create a section of the site where we could have open debates, providing that we are still respectful to one another?

Just a thought... :)

Pryce
05-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Open meaning unmoderated, other than to make sure no name calling occurs...

out_of_eden
05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
hi pryce, i've been surfing this site alot in the past months. after reading this i felt compelled to finally register and send you a donation :). in the time that i have been coming here i have gotten a bunch of help and learned so much. i have even been emailing others in my area who have been helping me. i would never have met them if it was not for you and this wonderful site you have provided us. even though some people complain, the rest of us are very happy and thankful. i never want to lose this site or the wonderful people who post here. i never knew how hard and unthankful your job can be so to thank you i am sending my donation in the mail tomorrow. THANK YOU!! :-*;D

Bridgette
05-14-2003, 12:30 AM
I agree with Pamela. Seems to me ML only thinks someone is open-minded if they agree with him, or at least don't disagree. As soon as you disagree, you're narrow-minded, etc etc etc.

crazybob
05-14-2003, 07:49 AM
I feel compelled to comment here. Which of coarse is the only reason I ever post on this site. I Have worked in this industry for about 20 year's. I feel I have thing's to contribute here and so far I get the impression that I really have. I also learn a lot about the women and there feeling's, problem's, insecurity's and trouble's they face on a daily basis. I use this information in an effort to provide a better environment for my girl's to work in. In my way as should be everyone else's I try to help here, give a little to get a little.

I fiercely disagree with some of the poster's here although I keep in mind that it is because I don't live in there world and it's because I don't, that I refuse to display my opinion. I have not come here to judge nor should anyone else. This is not a place for people to come to change other's view's, only to express your own and to do it in a way that merit's attention.

With all my experience in the industry, I am, and respect the fact that I am, still an outsider here. I am not a stripper/ Dancer/ Entertainer nor do I pretend to be. I do have insight into this field due to exposer and experience. Yet I post here, leery of the fact that I don't necessarily have a right too. This forum wasn't created to benefit me, it's here to benefit Dancer's and should be used by people who respect them, there lifestyle and/or relate to there plight.

As a self proclaimed outsider I feel that uninvited post's from outsider's ( customer's, visiter's, non dancer's ect. ) should be credible, optimistic and open. You should use tact and dipomacy and most of all remember that there is a good chance you really don't understand where they come from, have been through or expect to be in life. I know these ladies are great in the fact that they openly accept the view's of people from outside of there dressing room. It add's more number's to the equation and help's them understand the mind set of the patron's. Tread lightly where you don't belong and be respectful or nothing you have to say will have any value, so being here will be a waste of time. May I quote myself from a previous post here:

Hey I don't go to church and bitch about Christian's!!!!!!

Pryce you are the epitome of tolerance and fairness. I hold you in very high regard. You run an awsome board here, Thank you for allowing me to be here.

Pryce
06-14-2003, 07:09 AM
It's a trial thing...we're feeling it out.

Djoser
06-14-2003, 06:21 PM
"It's just completely worthless for the most part to engage strippers in any sort of logical debate, as many are so steeped in denial they will do anything to face reality. No big deal. I think they really like being treated like children and pretending like they are some sort of cherubic innocent angels that need to be coddled. It is probably a wonderful, magical little fantasy world they live in."

Merely_Lurking

"...I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for all of you ladies. I love you all, and I know that you feel the same way about me."

Merely_Lurking

Make up your mind.

LEIGH_LANDON
06-15-2003, 01:59 AM
Strangely enough, I think THATS the fantasy - to believe that particular general blanket statement of peelers.

I have absolutely no issue living in the "here and now" and perhaps thats why my opinions irk some - that I may not fall blindly by the wayside as result of this industry.
While my perception of this industry and my experiences may vary greatly from others, I know why I started - know why I continue, and am ever conscious of the pitfalls that many dancers succumb to for whatever reasons, they have of their own.

I need zero coddling, in fact coddling annoys me - it reeks of condescension. But I am equally annoyed by those misguided few that believe we can be pigeonholed by societies ideas and misconceptions of what being a dancer is all about.

For some it is truly a job. For some it is a way of life, for some a means to an end. But by no means does being a dancer label us as a whole. It might be something to consider when non dancers are posting on these boards.

Dreamer
06-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Gee ML, we know where S.C. customers are coming from. Not all of them are pussy asskissers. I'd say the minority of them are. The people on the pink site aren't all demons and they aren't all angels. They're just people. There's no sense to attacking people here as it is anywhere. You're not persuading anyone by attacking them.
I feel free to express my opinion whether it is complimentary or other. I support their line of work although my political beliefs may be counter to theirs.
If you feel their judgement is unfair why aren't you going to another site? If people are judging me unfairly I'm not going to stick at their site.

Pryce
06-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Just to let others know, ML can no longer post here and so, he cannot defend himself.

We have spoken and I would say we are on friendly terms...he seems to be doing better not posting here. :)