PDA

View Full Version : It's time...we've grown TOO large...

Pryce
12-17-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a few things to discuss, so please read through this message. Don't worry, nothing bad. ;)

For any members who've been around for more than a couple of months, I'm sure you've notice the incredible pick up in traffic. My personal goal was 500 registered members by the end of the year. I'm sure we'll get well past 600 now! Traffic-wise we've gone from 376,048 hits in September to 694,811 hits in HALF of December. I remember getting excited to see another user online at the same time. Now-a-days, it's hard to find a time when no one else is on so I can do updates.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not upset, in fact, it is just the opposite - I am thrilled. Every day I see you wonderful ladies helping each other and providing support in business and personal matters. The way everything has grow really is beautiful.

Now the downside. Not only has traffic and membership grown by leaps and bounds in the past few months but so have my costs and the time required to run the site. This site used to be only a late night once a week. It has now become almost a part-time job. With GirlFriday's help it takes between 18-22 hours a week to maintain the site, update it, handle emails, etc. On top of that I must pay for traffic. With the uploading of all the pictures and added posts, my hosting costs are growing...costing more than my DSL line.

What am I getting to?

One, my time is best spent as the webmaster of SW - adding content, answering emails, promoting the site, and maintaining things technically. I can no longer read EVERY post on the boards. There is just not enough time to keep up. I know some of you do read every post, at least in certain forums. I would LOVE it if one of you who do would become a moderator. All that I ask is that once a day our moderator read through the new messages and inform me of anything wrong or unusual. We most urgently need moderators for the general forum and club chat. But feel free to pick another area...

If you are interested, please EMAIL or PRIVATE MESSAGE me and let me know what area you'd like to watch over. I don't want to make it a competition thing or have anyone's feelings hurt, so again, please contact me privately. I am going to try to choose only 1 person per section.

Two, I will be seeking sponsors. This site was created to be FREE and I never want that to change, but I must find a way to pay the growing bills. I believe we can find sponsors with all the quality traffic we receive. I will try to find ways for sponsors to advertise without being invasive (no pop-ups, banners, and other icky things like that), I will try to make the advertisements be on-topic and helpful. I also vow to do my best to get good sponsors who offer quality products and give you great service. Once we do have sponsors, please give them a chance and after that, give me feed-back - good and bad. I want to know who's taking care of you and who's not. We may also begin to offer StripperWeb products (clothing and such).

P.S., once these changes take place, be ready for LOADS of new updates. We are planning many new articles, a picture gallery, a complete re-haul of the review and article sections, free/inexpensive webhosting, and MUCH MUCH MORE (I just have to find to time to do 'em)!

Well, that is it for now. I wanted to let all of you know what is going on behind the scenes. This forum belongs to all of you as much as it does to me. Thank you for listening and making this site great! Feel free to reply with any comments or questions.

Take care,
Pryce

hollyday
12-17-2002, 09:41 PM
wow pryce, i dint know telling all my friends about this site would create so much traffic
you gotta admit this is a GREAT site

AshleyBrooks
12-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Pryce,

I'll be a moderator or help in anyway... I have done websites and also hold a B.S. in Computers...

Have no $$$ cause I just got the *hit kicked out of me in the tech sector, but would be glad to help .... Im on line all the time........(smile)

just let me know......alos if you set up a price structure (who knows maybe with a lil commission for me (teehee)lll ok ok... well I can market very well... so let me know what kind of costs your talking about and If nothing else I can make sure your hitting all your potential advertisers......

susan
12-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Too Kewl, Pryce!!! Congrats. Lots of web hostesses would LOVE to have the hits you've had. That's great news.

Lemme know if I can do anything. Unless you're ABSOLUTELY desparate, I'm not going to volunteer to be a moderator, cuz I can't guarantee I'll visit every day. But, if there's any OTHER way I can help, lemme know!!!

AnAgAmEsX
12-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Pryce you rock!! Your site has certainly been there for me & helped me alot......I appreciate that. BTW~Dec 23rd & 24th are the first court dates *SHIVERS* and my new website is up and running! *PLUG* lol I figured everyone here would definitely be reading this post lol!! Anyways my sites pretty cool~well worth checking out~and if you do'nt like it~simply pass it on to everyone you know~PUUUULLLEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ!!!!! Ok enough of my begging. Here it is.....
http://honeyfrog.com/trust/christi.htm
Thanks everyone~Me~

kalani
12-18-2002, 04:49 PM
congrats to you. this site is wonderful and although i just found out about it last week i tend to be a active member. keep up the good work and thanks for all the hard work.

Bridgette
12-18-2002, 08:21 PM
Congrats Pryce!!! I've watched this site grow from its infancy and I love that you've developed it into the friendly supportive community a few of us envisioned after being shunned from that OTHER site. ;D

TiNi
12-19-2002, 08:43 AM
Bridgette..... The same here. I have been on the other site the same time that I joined this site, but I have stayed with cause it's more orderly. So Pryce you have done a great job and have came along way. ;)

UltraFoxie
12-19-2002, 10:51 AM
I agree ! Great site Pryce, and thank you for it!!

Pamela
12-19-2002, 01:50 PM
GREAT JOB! THUMBS UP!

jawbne
12-19-2002, 06:39 PM
I'm here for you too...We have to keep it going