PDA

View Full Version : Funny Forum Problems

Pryce
10-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Just posted here as to not take away for the topic of McCain's post. I'm guessing/hoping it was a server error, but we'll have to wait and see. My host will in the case of a harddrive error, reload a backup...could be the case.

If anyone notices any thing funny with post or the site in general, please note the forum's time and a description of the problem. Then instant message me through the forums.

Tre, I didn't get any of your emails. That's strange too.

I also noticed the funny typing errors, but I'm not sure they're forum related. When I ran 98 I had a similar problem, it was due to having a speech-to-text engine installed. I'll keep an eye on it too.

Now to pine over logs. :-/

McCain
10-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Never had the text problems before, and have not had them demonstrated anywhere other than Tre's forum and Stripperweb. Hence my belief that it is tied to the SW system. Only started in the past 2 days, though. Any major anomalies occur before everything went haywire?

A file posting perhaps?

McCain

Pryce
10-08-2002, 02:23 PM
went over logs, nothing out of the ordinary...

Pryce
10-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Contacted host. They've been upgrading the server. So they backup, upgrade, then restore. That could account for the missing posts and possibly even the funny characters. McCain, if you could, would you click modify and fix the funny text. If it comes back after tomorrow (after the upgrades are complete), please let me know.

McCain
10-08-2002, 02:34 PM
Will do, hon.

McCain

McCain
10-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Just tried it with my post regarding contact vs. dancing. They must still be working on it or something, because when I went in and modified, the text I modified changed, but then other pieces of text converted to the weird chaacters. I'll try to give it another whack within the next 48 hours.

McCain

Tre
10-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Oh well. You know now, and it seems to be better.

Although you maybe should check that e-mail of yours again. ;)

Basically whatever was happening here was happening there. That was the gist of my e-mails.

Pryce
10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I modified it without problem (question 2 post). :-/ Damn machines. Thanks for your help, both of you. :)

Arg! Still no email from Tre...but remember, we never could get email to work between us...