PDA

View Full Version : Forums Updated

Pryce
08-20-2002, 10:22 AM
*OK, 34 people have read this, but only one has replied. I'll take that as a hint and I'll shorten the message*

Past two days I've made HUGE changes to the forum. But nothing is permanent. I'm testing everything and want to know what is needed and what is not. I want to know what you want.

Slower - After all these additions, certain parts of the forum seems slower. Any body else notice?

Passwords are stored in a new way. If you haven't updated your profile in the last day, please click "Profile" above and click "Change Profile".

If you've forgotten you password, now it's easy to get it back. Just click 'forgot password' and enter your email address.

Posts cleaner - I've removed the link to email, msn, yahoo, and icq from the posts, so now it's only in their profile.

Club Review section changed - Although it's not finished, we've made a HUGE improvement for when you add clubs. Check it out! ::) And while you're there... ;)

Posts that have a picture attached to them now display a new image in their subject.

Image size - you can now use any sized image as your avatar and it will display correctly.

Users online today - tells you who came by today. Keeper or not?

Invisibility - some people don't want others to know they are online. Now in your profile you can choose to be invisible.

Brand new calendar. Let me know if you like this one or the old one better.

Guest email - Guests no longer have to enter an email address to post.

Quick reply - seems to be a favorite. No longer do you have to click "Reply", just type at the bottom of the post. For members only.

Top Searches - added top searches and last searches to the search page, at the bottom.

Several bug fixes have also been made and a host of other features have been added that makes my job easier.

If you've read this far, please let me know what you think.

Take care,
Pryce

Pryce
08-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Oh! and if you've noticed on the reply or post pages your mouse auto-moves to the box you've put it over. Do you like this or does it annoy you? I liked it at first, but now it's annoying me. I am considering removing it. You like it?

Tre
08-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Re: the 'auto-move' mouse:

It does tend to be annoying at times.
I use my mouse more than 'tab', and all of a sudden I'm typing in the wrong box if the mouse bumps, etc.

My opinion: Ditch it. ;)

Some things are a little slower, but it's tolerable; and worth it in the long run, I'd say.
Due to my piss-poor connection speed out here in the 'sticks', I notice slower links more; but it's fast enough for me, so.....

Good work on the changes, Pryce.
We all appreciate your hard work. :)

[Just when I decide to add my Yahoo, you move it ::)]

AlottaCurves
08-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Mouse thing is annoying, but everything else is cool! good work!

McCain
08-24-2002, 05:01 AM
Well, now that I have actually had the *chance* to go over this all....

"Slower" ??? I haven't seen any consistent slowness. Every once in a while, but infrequent enough for me to chalk it off to the site being busy.

Profile change - :)

"Forgot password" - :)

"Posts cleaner" - :)

"Club reviews" - Have to admit, I haven't looked at this just yet. And I think I forgot to rate my club, when I did mine, because I was in an extreme rush that day.

Posts w/ picture - :)

"Image size" - :)

"Users today" - :P Personally, I don't think there is any real service in this, and it tends to clutter things up a bit.

"Invisibility" - :)

"New Calendar" - ??? This is a little weird. Okies, on the one hand, I don't like the expanded layout - I liked the layout of the other one better. And the new functions looked a touch confusing. But the greater degree of available functionality is a good thing. So this is a mixed bag.

"Guest email" - ??? No opinion on this.

"Quick reply" - :)

"Top searches" - ??? No opinion on this.

"Mouse Automove" - ??? I haven't noticed anything, but then again, it is also first thing in the morning for me.

Overall, this is really a kick-ass site and you have been doing a tremendous job of tweaking it.

I can only think of one aspect of it that I find annoying, but it's strictly aesthetic - in other words, this is just my Type A anal-retentive streak coming out: The menu in the little pink bar under "Stripperweb" - it doesn't look all neat and clean anymore.

And, for the record, yes I **DO** straighten every crooked mirror and painting that I happen to pass. :P So feel free to tell me to stick it in less-than-comfy places...lol...

McCain

Pryce
08-24-2002, 05:29 AM
I think you are right about the slowness...we do have many more lurkers now.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the users today and the invisible feature...thought the invisible would be useful sometimes...but you could just log out.

The auto-move will definetly be killed when I get home...I think it bothers more than it helps.

Thanks for the compliments. :) As for that bar, it depends on your computers resolution. On this computer (Summer's) it's still all on one line. On yours, I assume two or three things drop down. There just isn't room to keep it all on one line. I have a couple ideas, one of them being to simply force it to break for everybody. That way at least I could control it. Five on top, five below. It's only gonna get more crowded up there as I add features. ;)

Thanks for replying. ;D

Pryce
08-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Got rid of users today, invisiblity, and auto-move.