PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HELL?

Pryce
01-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Boards boards and more boards!!!

Sorry if it's too much at first but we've been wanting for some time to reorganize the boards. We tried to make them better fit the topics people are looking for and discussing. As always, feedback is welcome. ;D

We're sorting topics daily, it'll take a bit before we're done.

seraya
01-28-2004, 04:19 AM
I think its better this way... as i mentioned in another thread, lately there have been many new posts which aren't stripper related so i think its good that stripper re-lated topics have there own section. This makes it easier for newbies aswell because we have so many asking questions which have been answered a million times already. The new board is more newbie friendly too.

Seraya.

Madcap
01-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Dig the new setup.

Pumpkin Pie
01-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Why the Stripping General forum? This is a stupid idea. The "old" General forum was an anything goes forum. It was what everyone read the most. It was the general meeting place for both sexes. Now we've got to think how stripping related our topic might be considered by you moderators??? Come on. Relax. Stop being so anal. What are you going to do next? Have a "Stripping General - Ladies Only"? Do you see where I'm heading? I hope you do and aren't all excited with moderation power rush that you can now make another forum and move threads around to fit your little desires of how we should post. And did you not even ask us if we wanted the split off? I didn't see any post in the "old" General forum about this and that's definitely where that belonged. Or don't you think us readers should have input into your moderation policies?

The "old" General forum is the most read forum there is. I rarely ever check the other forums. Yes, yes, I know you want us to be good little boys and girls and always post to the appropriate forum, but come on. We're also humans and thus on the tad lazy side. Do you really expect us to check each of the forums each day? Relax. You can honestly eliminate all but three forums here. Those three being "General", "Ladies Only", and "Site Issues". Rarely do I see anyone at the other forums. And "Customer Conversations" should just be a redirect to SCJ.

Now apologize to us. Eliminate "Stripping General" and move all the threads back where they belong.

Pryce
01-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Why the Stripping General forum? This is a stupid idea. The "old" General forum was an anything goes forum. It was what everyone read the most. It was the general meeting place for both sexes. Now we've got to think how stripping related our topic might be considered by you moderators??? Come on. Relax. Stop being so anal. What are you going to do next? Have a "Stripping General - Ladies Only"? Do you see where I'm heading? I hope you do and aren't all excited with moderation power rush that you can now make another forum and move threads around to fit your little desires of how we should post. And did you not even ask us if we wanted the split off? I didn't see any post in the "old" General forum about this and that's definitely where that belonged. Or don't you think us readers should have input into your moderation policies?

The "old" General forum is the most read forum there is. I rarely ever check the other forums. Yes, yes, I know you want us to be good little boys and girls and always post to the appropriate forum, but come on. We're also humans and thus on the tad lazy side. Do you really expect us to check each of the forums each day? Relax. You can honestly eliminate all but three forums here. Those three being "General", "Ladies Only", and "Site Issues". Rarely do I see anyone at the other forums. And "Customer Conversations" should just be a redirect to SCJ.

Now apologize to us. Eliminate "Stripping General" and move all the threads back where they belong.

:rotfl:

To be honest I think your response is funny PP. Kind of kicking and screaming, no? But I will say, that is a set of cohones on you!

The change has nothing to do with power or being anal and everything to do with the reasons seraya gave. The general USED to be about general stripping topics - but recently it's become just about chatty things. That's fine, but it makes it hard for dancers (remember, STRIPPERweb) to get pertinent information about exotic dancing when there is a flood of topics about non-stripping things.

Now that is fixed. There is a place to just hang out and chat about whatever AND there is the Stripping General. You see the cup half empty, I see it half full.

Don't worry, you can bet I'll carefully monitor traffic and see how it reacts to the changes. ;)

To everyone else, still feel free to give "constructive criticism" that actually helps us, but none of this "You must do X now!" sh...er...stuff.

Pumpkin Pie
01-28-2004, 11:13 AM
You goofed. Period. You didn't solicite input on a major change. You didn't post what changes you were thinking of doing to the forum you wanted to do them to. You didn't wait to hear what regulars thought of those proposed changes. You haven't shown any demand for it. Seraya's post was an after-the-fact post.

Oh, and it is always nice to made fun of. I'm so happy you did that. And to call my post "shit" was just perfect. I really hope you're proud of yourself.

Rayleen
01-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey Pumpkin- why don't you just start your own site then instead of telling Pryce how to run his
>:(

slvrgloss
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM
I like the new setup better.

LayaLeighton
01-28-2004, 12:26 PM
I think that it looks great now. A job very well done :)

Pamela
01-28-2004, 12:31 PM
We all knew changes were coming. And it's easy to learn the new board. I think it's great. Whats wrong with Pumpkin Pie? That kinda seemed outa line, and unexpected.

Bottom line do we have to know about changes to a board that is not ours anyway? Gee.

Pamela

Pryce
01-28-2004, 12:35 PM
You goofed. Period. You didn't solicite input on a major change. You didn't post what changes you were thinking of doing to the forum you wanted to do them to. You didn't wait to hear what regulars thought of those proposed changes. You haven't shown any demand for it. Seraya's post was an after-the-fact post.

Oh, and it is always nice to made fun of. I'm so happy you did that. And to call my post "shit" was just perfect. I really hope you're proud of yourself.

Pumpkin,

I have been to this site practically daily for more than 2 and a quarter years. You have been here for less than 10 days. If you would have looked around more (search), you would see that several true regulars have requested changes like this. Additionally, I carefully examine the traffic on this site about every 3 days and the trends help me see what does and doesn't work.

Of course I can still make a mistake (damn human brain ;)) but I have more than proven my dedication to the community, this site, and my members.

As for shitty stuff, let me clarify. Your post is 100% shit-free, it is your "I command you to do this now" approach that is shit. :yes:

To be honest, your reaction to the change is strange...you seem to have taken it personal and seem threatened. Makes me question your motives...care to elaborate?

To the others reading, please let us know how you feel. Honestly, we want to hear what you like and what you don't. Of course the final judge will be traffic and use statistics, as that tells us what everyone really wants. But feedback is always appreciated. We welcome opinions, just not commands.

Prester_John
01-28-2004, 01:14 PM
You know what? I liked the Old Way.

I like the New Way too.

Its not my site. I just post. I dont set policy, nor do I shell out the money to keep it up and running.

Its a free site. You dont like it? Fucking leave. You lose nothing. Adapt to the changes, or go away. Its entirely up to you.

Pryce, do what you want. As long as there is some semblance of order, and reasons behind everything, I think most people can adapt to it. Those who can't will eventually leave.

PJ

Djoser
01-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I liked the old Stripperweb better, but the changes may help bring the old atmosphere back, when there was just the occasional troll or guy with too much time on his hands and an obsession with dancers.

The "General" Forum had become ridiculous, with more damned guys posting than strippers--clearly it was time for a change. Some of the newer posters clearly have WAY too much time on their hands. The female members hear entirely too many questions about whether they like to swallow or not at work, for chrissake. Not all customers are morons, but some of the new members could unfortunately be classified as such.

It is extremely annoying to think that I might be grouped in with the latter category, by those members who are unaware that I am a DJ and thus an industry insider, who also happens to be very happily commited to a dancer--she keeps me very happy, and I am not here for more!

It would be quite easy for female members to just wish the guys would all go away, so they could have their forum back, and I wouldn't blame them. Hopefully this new format will alleviate the problem.

I do think that the Music Forum should be considered on-topic, but I am of course biased.

Ferrari
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
The changes are fine. No complaints here. I think, in time, when everyone gets used to them it will help keep things more organized. As long as SW is still here, it's all good with me! :)

sol_de_pr2
01-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Great setup, Pryce. It is an excellent idea to have a separate off topic discussion section AND a general stripping discussion session :great: I now have my fingers crossed so that SW be in both sponsored and ad-free versions.

montythegeek
01-28-2004, 06:47 PM
The re-organization seems natural to me and makes sense. Just takes some getting used to looking at a different spot on the page and a click or to more to browse for updates. Put me in the for-changes column.

Rhiannon
01-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Its a free site. You dont like it? Fucking leave. You lose nothing. Adapt to the changes, or go away. Its entirely up to you.

Well said, PJ. Pryce, I love the changes. I think it'll be much easier to post topics in their appropriate threads. You've done a wonderful job with the site. I don't understand the reason for the outbursts, Pumpkin. Honestly, relax and enjoy it. Don't tell people who are running it how to do so.

velvet
01-28-2004, 11:36 PM

whoa there semi newbie. what the hell? this site is for DANCERS and respectful gentelmen (for the most part hehe) only. with pryce being the boss.

btw i asked for a newbie forum. ive been here awhile myself.

great changes pryce, thanks for all your hard work

SexyBooty
01-29-2004, 07:44 PM
life cant be the same all the timmme?:)we need refreshenings