PDA

View Full Version : Ice Princess Theme Show

DJ_Lewi
02-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Here's a good one that will have your brains working overtime. I have to organise an ICE PRINCESS THEME SHOW. The only catch is that even though i already have some ideas, most of them related to dance/techno music. The showgirl i'm making the set up for doesn't like this sort of music.

As this show is going to be used for a competition i'm trying to suggest to her that even though she doesn't like high energy dance music, using slow drap music isn't going to get her a good score with the judges when they think of the music she is using.

I need a very powerful and dramatic intro and for this i've picked the "Diva Opera" from the 5th Element soundtrack [though if anyone has better ideas]. I'm also looking at including music from such artists such as Kylie Minogue and Madonna, as well as "Big Time Senusality" from Bjork and "Fable" by Robort Miles.

If anyone has any other ideas i'm open to your opinions

scarlett_vancouver
02-02-2004, 06:32 AM
Hmm, I don't know how much this really fits in with your music theme, but I used to get a good response to "Death of Snow White' by snoop dogg during my snow white set...it's slow and mellow rap. Snow white, ice princess, kind of similar! good luck tho

ChadW
02-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey Lewi

You mentioned Madonna, so I am sure you are using "Frozen" - there are a few remizes she did of that song that may be perfect.

Your girl may not have the right ideas about show music if she is limiting your good sense and taste, so you may need to politely suggest that she trust you and at least listen to the mix (or mixes) you present her with.

Other songs you may like to consider are "Cold" (and the remixes) by Annie Lennox, and "Send me an angel" (in keeping with the fantasy rescue theme thing) original by Aussie Band Real Life or heavier recent version by Zeromancer. Some of the suggestions for the futuristic theme I made may fit here too.

Good luck man!

Malibu
02-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Pagan Poetry from Bjork's Vespertine album is quite different. Has a mysterious edge to it, maybe to suit the persona of an ice queen. OK, it's not about ice or princesses, but it's good.

I also thought Annie Lennox myself. Strange....

Malibu
02-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Silence by delerium (the original version) may be a winner. I do have a winter chill album with excellent songs, but I cannot remember half the titles because they're all by obscure artists!

ChadW
02-07-2004, 09:19 PM
One more that I forgot - "Walking on thin ice" Pet Shop Boys remix, Yoko Ono.

LEIGH_LANDON
02-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Cold Shot - stevie ray vaughan

Rah Rah Rasputin - russian kinda idea

Immigrant song - led zep (I come from the land of the ice and snow ...)

Ice Ice Baby - yup good ole vanilla ice