PDA

View Full Version : Help-don't know the new alternative bands

Gynger
02-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Could some of you give me some new alternative bands with songs that are good to dance to? I dance to a lot of older stuff, and some newer stuff (type o, disturbed, godsmack, etc) but I hear a lot of songs that I like but don't know the names too... I like a slower metal beat but I also like the type O negative/disturbed style as well...

Thanks bunches!
XO
Gynger

Rhiannon
02-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey girl...

Well, as you know we're both 80's girls.. So it'll always be my fave and first choice.. LOL..

The bands that you mentioned are great, as well as Nickelback. They have an awesome song you've probably heard, "Figured You Out". It's hot.

This is a little older, but I love Rob Zombie, too.. lol

Also, ANYTHING by Evanescence is excellent. I've never heard a bad song by them, and I have all their stuff. It's all fairly easy to dance to also.

:dance:

doc-catfish
02-09-2004, 12:59 PM
After "alternative" went mainstream in the early 90's, I'm not sure what qualifies as alternative anymore, but some suggestions on newer stuff:

Three Days Grace - "I Hate Everything About You"
The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"
Seether - "Fine Again", "Driven Under"
Linkin Park - "Numb"
Chevelle - "Send The Pain Below", "The Red"
Earshot - "Not Afraid"
Foo Fighters - "All My Life"
POD - "Youth Of A Nation", "Boom"
Audioslave - "Like A Stone"
Puddle Of Mudd - "Control"
Radio Iodine - "I Am"
Saliva - "Click Click Boom", "Your Disease"

Good songs, but yes you can't beat cheesy 80's hair metal for stripper music. I wish more dancers would use pre-1990 material.
:headbanger:

Gynger
02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
LOL.. thanks Doc! I dance to a lot of 80's but I also like to liven things up a bit, the problem with me is, is that unless I know the song, I can't move very well, so it just doesn' t work to tell my DJ to just pick something, I end up with a set that I don't know the music to, and then I feel lost on stage.

Thanks again!

Blade
02-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Well if you like the harder edged stuff a la disturbed/godsmack.... there is Korn, limp bizkit, marilyn manson, methods of mayhem,black label society etc...
For the type o negative/evanessence sound thereare bands such as lacuna coil, evergrey,my dying bride(which is a combination of growly death metal vocals and an awesome meloncholy sound), royal hunt,tristania etc
As far as the 80's/early 90s sound we have the cheesy hair band sounds of poison(happy rhia?,lol) ugly kid joe,faster pussycat ,slaughter,bulletboys, wow there were a lot of look my hair is perfect bands....
of course we cant forget metallica,megadeth,metal church,pantara(for a goof look for either pre phil anselmo or the first record with phil called power metal..total hair metal!)
the list goes on and on and on.... any questions feel free to bug me!