PDA

View Full Version : Best Pole Dancing Songs

Savage
02-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Sunday Stripper by Cocksparrer (English punk/skinehad band)
White Wedding by Billy Idol

Malibu
02-12-2004, 02:02 PM
I really like Samantha Mumba's 'Body II Body'.

heidi
03-03-2004, 12:36 PM
there's one girl who goes crazy on the pole to Smack my Bitch up by Prodigy... i'm not sure how politically correct that is... but she has these jumps and stuff like choreographed to the beat... it's pretty cool... i dunno

xoxo
heidi

Pamela
03-03-2004, 02:10 PM
I actually had one that was fantastiic. "Welcome to the jungle" Guns n Roses of course, but it only worked well when i was allowed to take my snake on stage. I dressed kinda like a jungle girl and he wrapped around the pole and part of me, He's a Burmese Python. Alot of dancers complained however, so that dance was short lived.

Pamela

Lexi
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
heidi, I love that song by prodigy. I agree, its questionable whether to use or not, but I dont really care about the lyrics. heheh
I love that song! Must have been awesome to see her do that on the pole
One time I saw this girl ROCK the pole with Linkin Park's FAINT. Oh my god, I have never seen someobe do the pole that way. She was amazing

Rawkergirl64
03-06-2004, 04:59 AM
When it comes to "Smack My Bitch Up," I can't help but put aside the p.c.-ness. I know a dancer who works the shit out of that song. I'm willing to be wrong to have a good time. Same thing with "Meaning of Life" by Disturbed, but the dancer who does it is incredible! She does the Catholic schoolgirl outfit (without playing the "little girl" thing) and that in juxtaposition to the song is sensory overload in the best way. Just hot! Two more: "Change (in the House of Flies)" by Deftones and there are a few remixes of Korn's "A.D.I.D.A.S."
One happy customer,
G

siliconedoll
03-13-2005, 08:55 AM
the first time i went to a strip club the first song playn as soon as i walked in was marilyn mansons tainted love. that song combined with the dancer and my excitement of being in a strip club resulted in me adoring that song and now whenever i hear it all i can think of is how sexy it makes me feel and how sexy the dancer looked. My first private dance from a girl was to britney spears i love rock and roll which was fantastic but possibly because i was intoxicated by this girl!

RetiredDancer
03-13-2005, 10:52 AM
I like song When Worlds Collide for polework.

screaminpeachez
03-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Mysterons or Strangers......... by Portishead.

if you have a cool glowing robe it can be sexy eerie

madmaxine
03-13-2005, 03:14 PM
"Music" by Madonna- you can choreograph spins and slides to the sirens and synths
"Pretty Tied Up" by Guns and Roses- Natch ; p
Many Megadeth songs work too, but you have to like hard rock.....

Djoser
03-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Prodigy's "Smack my Bitch Up" is such a fantastic song! But the lyrics have always puzzled me--the band is clearly not so misogynistic as to seriously think they are advocating violence towards women.

It was once explained to me that it meant to "experience something intensely", but here's a better verbalization than that--and pay close attention to the surprise ending in the video!

"The song's entire lyrics consist of: "change my pitch up / smack my bitch up".

Even though the lyrics are mind-numbingly simple, you can't expect to have a song named "Smack my bitch up" and not piss some people off.

The National Organization for Women (NOW) said the lyrics are a "dangerous and offensive message advocating violence against women". Mind you, the basis behind this statement (while understandable) is only from one phrase of the two phrase song.

Liam Howlett, the band's leader, claims the lyrics are misinterpreted - the song means "doing anything intensly, like being on stage - going for extreme manic energy."

Prodigy's dancer Leeroy Thornhill says, "It's just a hook. That's the only thing behind it. The bitch is the music, not a girl thing. A lot of girls say that's their favorite track. There is no message in Prodigy music, really, it's just an expression of hardness."

Indeed, the lyrics aren't even original; they are sampled from an Ultramagnetic MC track.

I think the most interesting thing about the song is its video, which most believe to be brilliant and groundbreaking. The video corresponds to Howlett's message of living life to the extreme. The video is generally banned as it contains violence and sexually explicit material.

Note, this is bit of a spoiler, and part of the fun is the shock of it all, so if you haven't seen it and would like to, I'd advise you to stop reading right now.

The entire video is done in a first person perspective, following an individual throughout the course of an evening. It begins as he showers, shaves, uses the bathroom, dresses, grabs a drink, does some cocaine, and then goes out.

Throughout the whole video, he's drinking, using drugs, and harassing women. The camera is always swinging around, the cuts are very fast and as the video progresses it gets more blurry, emphasizing his inebriation.

He gets something to eat, then goes to a bar. He gets drunk. He goes to a club and dances. He gets hostile, breaking a chair on somebody's back, choking another. He hassles the DJ.

He vomits into a bathroom sink, breaks down the door of a man on the toilet and then drags him away to shoot up in the stall.

He wanders the street and enters a strip club. He gets a dance, then takes a girl to the back by a car (possibly his). They kiss and fondle, and when he can't open the car then he breaks the window and drives them back to his apartment. They get naked and have sex.

The girl leaves, and as he watches her leave, we see a full length mirror. This is the surprise - as you finally see the person who's been causing the mayhem, you find it's a woman."

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=486673

heidi
03-22-2005, 02:02 PM
heidi, I love that song by prodigy. I agree, its questionable whether to use or not, but I dont really care about the lyrics. heheh
I love that song! Must have been awesome to see her do that on the pole
One time I saw this girl ROCK the pole with Linkin Park's FAINT. Oh my god, I have never seen someobe do the pole that way. She was amazing
another good one by linkin park, imho, is eat you alive.

Gynger
03-23-2005, 02:31 PM
All time favorite to do the cat crawl with and any other type of pole work:

Wild Side- Motley Crue

Something about the base line...

Also:

Sandman..... metallica
Excitable- Def Leppard
Stranglehold- Ted Nugent
Look what the cat dragged in- Poison
and a really really old one: All we are- Warlock featuring Doro Pesch- anyone remember her?

I've worked the pole over and I love these songs... something about the base lines or something.. I could name more.. they are all old ones...

Jezebel Rules
03-25-2005, 07:26 AM
well for me, what gets me twirling and flipping is:

I Can Hardly Wait by Juliette Lewis
I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself by White Stripes
Chloe Dancer/ Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone
Rev 22:20 by Puscifer

off the top of my head, those are my fave for the time being.

Fishnet_Stockings
04-01-2005, 07:28 AM
I love dancing to alot, but i like techno and punk bc theyre upbeat and fast and thats how i dance on the pole.