PDA

View Full Version : Help me please before I pull my hair out!!!!!

Gynger
03-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I had a computer crash--my Sony (brand new still under warranty.. less than a year, two modems and a hard drive later)... anyways, my hard drive, both C and D drives went ca putz.. I lost ALL of my songs... and now, all the songs I am trying to redownload with Kaaza won't download for one reason or another (stingy assholes out there I think! LOL)... anyways.. can someone please recommend another good reliable legal download program??? I have tried Imeshlight.. IT SUCKS!

I lost around 500 songs... ka poof, all gone... I did have some of them burned onto CDs but its always nice to keep them ya know, so that you can make new sets.. so I'm frustrated... :-[

Thanks!
G-girl

LoveSexMoney
03-06-2004, 06:20 PM
so sorry Gynger, what a bummer! first of all, I don't know of any "legal" download programs. I use Winmx. But may I suggest that the songs you already have burned, you can copy them onto your computer so no need to re-download them.

TiNi
03-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Gynger I have the same problem. I had over 200 but I havent burnt any of them. So I have none left. I had winmx but I'm scared to upload and download.

Gynger
03-06-2004, 06:51 PM
so sorry Gynger, what a bummer! first of all, I don't know of any "legal" download programs. I use Winmx. But may I suggest that the songs you already have burned, you can copy them onto your computer so no need to re-download them.

I didn't know you could do this from CD's! Thanks for the tip.. also.. I thought if you paid to use the program it was legal.. am I wrong???? I paid like 29.95 for a year's membership.

Bridgette
03-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Paying to use the program doesn't make it legal. Although if the morons in the entertainment industry would get their collective shit together, they could come up with a kickass program similar to filesharing and put their copyrighted stuff on it, charge people a reasonable annual membership fee, and let us download to our hearts' content legally - instead of wasting everyone's time and money with their retarded and inconsequential lawsuits.

Sooooo, I'm having trouble getting my winmx to work now. I'm on a different computer and I think it might be my firewall, but not sure. My outlook doesn't seem to work either, even though I've double- and triple-checked the email settings several times. I am not good with firewall stuff. Any ideas?

Juliette_deSade
03-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I will use soulseek till I am kaput.

Are you sure your songs are gone? Get it to someone who knows computers, the files could still be on your memory, even if you can't find them. A few transfers and voila! Your music is back.

Get it to someone who knows software. And from now on, back it up! You can fill up a CD with about 150 songs if you use data format.

4footfine
03-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Doesn't apple/mac have some ipod thing where downloads are legal and 99 cents? There is a girl at my work that uses it...I'll find out for you. Check back wed or thurs.