PDA

View Full Version : Russian Dancers

Pages : [1] 2 3

LaFemme
03-29-2004, 02:16 PM
to all you russian ladies..

ya zametela shto zdes ochen mnogo ruskii devochki...

i kaneshno samii krasivie ;)

hehe....
::)

mermaidnz
03-29-2004, 05:20 PM
no offence. but i hate russian dancers. they all do extras. well the ones i come across anyways! same with hungarians. eww. lol i hit one once on stage.....she deserved it.first time i dont anything like that before tho. my boss just laughed at her and told her to stop whoring herself on stage anyways!

Katrine
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow Mermaid, that is a huge sweeping generalization about a large group of people.....

La Femme....ana revnooyitsa patamooshta russkiyi krasivie y mnogo zarobatayot... ;)

I will comment more later on this, for I have quite a bit to say on the subject...

polecat
03-29-2004, 05:53 PM
No offense, but I hate blonde australian dancers. They all do extras! Well the one's I've come across anyways! (head tilt/tilt).

Doesn't feel very good, does it? Prepending something prejudice, judgemental and wide sweeping with "no offense" doesn't lessen or take away from the spite either.

I know some Russian dancers local that are some of the finest examples of human beings I've ever met... period. Degreed, savvy, beautiful, intelligent, world traveled, funny and elegant. I'm not claiming Russian's are superior, just saying your stereotype is brutally wrong by example, as are all stereotypes.

nadeyas vskore vstretit syas toboy! (I learned what little Russian I know in stripclubs lol. Ya plokya gavaryoo pa rooskee!).

mermaidnz
03-29-2004, 06:19 PM
lol hate me for my honest opinion on russians. PERSONALLLY i have not met any that do not do extras. ( and honestly i only know 7)so its not that bad.

i coudnt care less if you didnt like blonde australian strippers. thats your derogrative. mines that i dont like russians.
same goes for indian customers.russian/hungarian dancers/maori rapists.

sorry. we have been brought up in different cultures. americans are used to russians and their ideals.
i am not. they are however in my opinion ( again) one of the most beautiful, along with brazillians.

a russians attitude ( well the ones i met in nz) is "fuck you we can do what we like cos we are russian" no shit. they had the worst attitudes, they were definatly not elegant, or nice, in fact they were rude arrogant and slutty.

im sure not ALL russians are like that. i hope like hell they arent. but its one hell of a put off. i am not racist against colloures people , but watch the movie american history x, one persons actions changed a persons view on a whole race.

its possibale. its reality.

i dont care if thru knowing me on SW, you suddenly hate australians. thats your problem, as is my russians issue.

Flounder
03-29-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry but let me get this-

You hate Russians based on-

The 7 you have met that do extras and had attitudes

and/or

The way you were raised

This is so wrong I don't even know how to comment, I'll be interested to see what Katrine says.

LaFemme
03-29-2004, 07:36 PM
polecat, ya toje ploha po ruski govoru!!

lol, I came to America when I was 4 yars old, but my fiancee forces me o speak russian so i wont forget the language. : : )

I katrine, u menya vse druzya ruskie,i na mnoga krasive chem amrikansi, ;) we got the style

mermaidnz
03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry but let me get this-

You hate Russians based on-

The 7 you have met that do extras and had attitudes

and/or

The way you were raised

This is so wrong I don't even know how to comment, I'll be interested to see what Katrine says.

why do you feel the need to see what Katrine says???? cant you have your own opinion?

this isnt a personal attack on her, or any othe r russian on this site. i just mearly stated that i dont like srussian dancers. i gave you my reasons.

get over it.

forums are for people to express opinions.some people say they dont like something that i do like. i dont care. thats their opinion. i get on with my life.

Ebony
03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm my state (NJ) there are alot of Russian and Brazilian dancers. When I first started dancing alot my friends who have dances for awhile told me Russian and Brazilian dancers do extras and steal. Now me being a minority myself I found these generalization disturbing. UNITL I stated working and customers would tell me x,y,z girls provide extras and leave the club with customers and do stuff in the parking lot. Then alot of clubs in NJ don't even hire Russian girls. The more I observed I realized that many Russian and Brazilian girls do extras. I worked with a Russian girl who has lived in the US for 22 years. She said she doesn't tell anyone she is Russian because she doesn't want to the negative stigma attached to her. She did tell me that ALL the Russian agency girls at my club were Russian prostitutes. She would sit and listen to the describe what they did and for how much. I quit that club after hearing that. She also told me of an incident where one girl didn't want to do extra stuff and her friend told her she has to becuase they have to pay the 'driver' $Z.

This doesn't make me believe that all Russians do extras because I have met girls of all races while in this business who were doing extras. The generalization that all Russians do extras is like all strippers are prostitutes. Or all black dancers steal or are low classed.

Pan Dah
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
i hate russian dancers. they all do extras.

this isnt a personal attack on [Katrine], or any othe r russian on this site.

Well, yes actually it is. Unless you don't count saying you hate her and she does extras as an attack. That is what "all" means, at least in American English. Maybe it's different down under?

Of course Katrine may be exempt from your hatred since I believe she said she's Ukrainian, not Russian, but somehow I doubt you make those fine distinctions.

Flounder
03-29-2004, 08:40 PM
I did post my opinion- "This is so wrong"

Why because of your huge sweeping generalization about hating russian dancers based on your own acknowledgement that it was from the 7 dancers you have met.

As far as why Katrine comments are of interest, thats because she is russian, is a dancer and has always posted against extras. So how is your comment not a personal attack on her, she is in the group you stated you hate. I'm sure you don't really hate her but your comments read otherwise. So yes I want to read her reply.

I'm glad you expressed your opinions, they tell a lot about a person. So keep on posting, I plan to.

polecat
03-29-2004, 08:57 PM
i dont care if thru knowing me on SW, you suddenly hate australians. thats your problem, as is my russians issue.

For the record, I don't hate you.. or blondes.. or Australians.. I don't hate anyone. I gave up hate- it's bad for my complexion.

My example was so you could hopefully feel the burn inside of being wrongfully incriminated for things you didn't do, but are cast as guilty by association. Prejudice is like that- it hurts the innocent.

It also sounds like what hatred is exposed here really isn't at Russian folks at all, but instead immigrants trafficked into the sex industry. Perhaps it would be more constructive to target your hate at those responsible for importation and financial extortion rather than their victims.

canuck
03-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I have a hard time knowing where to begin....La Femme posts a friendly hello to people born in the same geographical location /language group as she was and the first response is a remarkable abrasive generalized response about someones negative feelings about the same group!

Mermaid I am stunned, as I read the post I wondered if you would have been bold enough to have made a similar observation about blacks or Irish (I hear they all drink), Scottish (damn cheap I heard) or whomever.

Then I read your later post where you clarified that you disliked both Russian/Hungarian dancers as well as Maori rapists...what a high opinion of Russians you must have. (sarcastic tone here)

Opinions are encouraged here certainly, but your post seemed far more harsh than just a dislike of Russian dancers I think the word you used repeatedly was hate, and I was surprised to see that apparently this must be a wide spread view atleast in the clubs 'down under' as you mentioned that you struck a dancer on stage and your manager laughed...pardon my inncoence but in my country if you strike someone russian, new zealander or martian you're probably getting arrested not congratulated.???

AS for flounders comment that he cant wait for Katrines responce, I suspect that is because she mentioned she had a lot more to say on the subject...and we all await her frank and well written post.

Polecat thanks for the concise and objective responce, I wish I possessed your clarity of thought, but Im a bit steamed just now.

"savvy, beautiful, inteligent, world traveled, funny and elegant" is a great description of many of the Russian Dancers I have met, and certainly an apt description of the one who is my wife.
Certainly not all Russian dancers are alike, there are good and bad individuals of all ethnicities, and cultural differences certainly influence ones attitudes. But I have to object to the sweeping generalizations that you made in your post Mermaid, and I feel it was uncalled for.

Ok I m sorry for the long post I am steamed and rambling...

canuck
p.s. I think you meant to use the word perogative, derogative has a different meaning more the tone of your post actually.

cash
03-29-2004, 09:32 PM
:duel: :ninja: :argue: :argue: :bong: :argue: :toldoff: :stop: :stop: :bong: :grouphug: :duck:

sander8son
03-29-2004, 09:32 PM
personally, im a big fan of stereotypes. they are based in truth, but mostly about a portion of the population(varying for each population). some are more "true" than others. (can we import the links of all my posts on extras??? im too lazy)

but let me say, that i dont hate anyone because they belong to a certain group. i hate everyone equally. white, black, gay, straight, conjoined twins, whatever, i hate you all.

but there is one group i hate more than the rest. and its the non-extras dancer. not so much the non-extra's dancer, but the non-extras dancer that thinks shes better than the extra's dancer. shes not. and we all know that non-extras dancers are the biggest cum guzzling whores once they're outside the club.

Miss George
03-29-2004, 09:59 PM
no offence. but i hate russian dancers. they all do extras. well the ones i come across anyways! same with hungarians. eww. lol i hit one once on stage.....she deserved it.first time i dont anything like that before tho. my boss just laughed at her and told her to stop whoring herself on stage anyways!

Ouch!

There are a lot of Russian dancers in NYC and they do have a bad rep. But I've met and become friends with several and found them to be very hardworking and did not perform extras.

I think it's bad to make generalizations like that. There are also things you need to take into consideration--some of the girls here owe lots of money to the people who got them over here illegally and they've GOT to be super aggressive about making money. And many don't have work visas, so they have no choice but to work in the less upscale clubs where extras are the norm.

bambi69
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
You NEED to get a life >:(

tampafldancer
03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
merm i peronally think is PARTIALLY RIGHT.
iv'e come across more hungarian dancers(and russian) who do way too many extras!! I dont hate them, i just feel bad that they feel that they HAVE to do that!
Of course with every sterotype, their are a lot of exceptions. Of course a lot of the women are Not like that, but in comparison to any other women in the clubs ive worked at... they are the ones who do the most EXTRAS!!!
LETS not be naive here!

maybe its their culture, but i def. don't think they go out of their way to be a "slut"

erotictonic
03-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Well, oh well. Looks like you just made yourself a whole lot of friends. Anyone who makes generalizations based on race is imo, an idiot. Everytime I've ever thought of doing so, someone has proven me wrong. You don't know these girls, or what they've been through in their lives. Kharma will hit you in the ass one day for holding these ideas. You're going to learn the hard way that hate only produces hatred for you!

You hit a girl onstage? I don't care what happened, violence is not the answer. This is immature and unreasonable, and I'm surprised she didn't knock the he** out of you.

Valentina
03-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Wow mermaidnz!

You must know everybody in this business right? You did hit some Hungarians at the stage? What a nice thing girl! You should be very proud of yourself.
I think you just jealous! I see your type everyday at the club. How do you know the Russians and Hungarians provide extras? Did you see all of them personally?

What I see is you have a serious attitude problem. I suggest you to change it. Maybe you don’t have to be jealous after all! Try it!

BTW, I’m Hungarian too and I don’t do extras! I don’t have attitude. Maybe that’s why!

mermaidnz
03-29-2004, 11:33 PM
i didnt mean to offend any dancers on SW.
i meant it as a generalisation.

the 7 girls that were in fact whoring at my origional home club, turned the club from nice to downright nasty. bafore they came, it was clean, no open leg on stage, min touching etc, then..... open leg, one girl got a guy to eat her out on stage. FFS. yes i did see all of this with my own eyes. bj and sex in the dance rooms. i left that club some time ago, and have heard its not just the russians and hungarians that are doing thses extras, but my friends are having to keep up....now the wholeclub is practically a brothel. in 6 months those 7 girls changed everything.

of course im going to not trust or like that race.

fuck it was just a passing comment. like " i dont like meat" you dont hear all the meaterians having a go at me?

i mean come on im not the only one that agreeded with my statment, others have too, yet have not been singled out in any way.

im allowed to not like somthing until proven otherwise.

and i didnt even know katrine was "russian". we arent even talking about the same russians no doubt?>

sure russian decendants/american raised etc, different.

girls straight from russia just to dance. they are the ones im on about. sorry. but i couldnt trust them as far as i can throw them.

as for hitting one of the girls on stage, eihter i was gonna do it or someone else was.....she had her head in a customers crouch, with his fly undone, and this was right BY THE STAGE! have some fucking respect. you think im being a harsh bitch by hating them, but the girls at my club....fuck. im not saying i wont be swayed by my opinion, but it would take a lot.

get over it.

if you all wanna hate me cos i dont like russians, then who's the real bitch?

SaraNLA
03-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Whoa - this thread is getting crazy. Thinking back to a girl who got fired at my club recently, she was caucasian and born in the USA. I say blame your manager for not firing these girls immediately or setting them straight.

Katrine
03-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Ahhh Valentina, its my mother's name, such a beautiful name....

Ok, now I have some time to respond while the wash is in. I can't comment forever because I am off to Houston for work in the morning and need to keep practicing my hand and mouth excersices in preparation for all the extras I plan to do.....NOT! :sarcastic:

Wow, I feel kind of like the pope, everyone is waiting for my opinion..hahahahaha!!! ;D

Russians, and women of former Soviet countries, are very beautiful, sexually more liberal than US women, and ARE classy and educated. Strong education, respect for culture, the arts, and femininity are important where I come from. These are also desirable traits for men. Eastern European women are in high demand. Some of them have to make more money because they have families to support back home with nothing. The same goes for many 3rd world country immigrants.

I am surrounded by extras working in Houston. Yet when I say I am Russian, most of my patrons think it is very cool and exotic, and it helps my earnings rather than hinders them. Who is providing extras here....EVERYONE, race/nationality unimportant, just the willingness to do it......I am NOT going to make this thread about extras, I have no more comment here.....

The backlash against Russian speaking women is global. I was staying in Lugano, Switzerland with a friend and she asked me to tell everyone I was born in Dallas because they would be mean to me if they found out where I am from. Many Swiss and Italian men are taking eastern european girlfriends and wives, and there is quite a bit of jealousy abounding. I am getting used to hearing insults now, but I will not be ashamed of who I am or where I come from because the economic situation is poor and some women have to struggle to make ends meet.

I applaud them!!!! :cheers:

S'radostyu prinyemayo mayi ruskiyi y ookrainstki syistri, y nashi vengerskii droozya

I joyfully welcome my russian and ukrainian sisters, and our hungarian friends!!

Oh yeah..meow! :headbanger:

erotictonic
03-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Well, imo, the only people you should be angry with are the managers/owners of this club for allowing this to happen. If this wasn't allowed, these girls wouldn't be there. It's not up to you to stop the girl from this behavior, it's the manager's. And yes, reread my post. Now do you see why it's stupid to make generalizations and hate based on your knowledge of what seven people did? I can understand why you didn't like these girls, but to hate whole races of dancers because of what seven women did? Now a whole lot of people here don't really like you. You alienated every Russian and Hungarian girl here, turned them and all their ifriends against you. And some of the Russian women here are intelligent, strong-willed, clean dancers. But your callous comments you so easily threw out there do insult, and they won't forget them more than likely.

Katrine
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Oh, and I don't hate you Mermaid, its a message board, we can all freely express what we want here ;)

tampafldancer
03-30-2004, 12:52 AM
yea.. every race does extras. (some seems to be more so) And its SOOO not their fault.. Blame it on the economy

Lexi
03-30-2004, 01:20 AM
But even with the 7 "russian" girls performing extras, how could you just base your "hate" on an entire race?
Thats pretty low, and just ignorant.
Yes, you have a right to your opinions, but 'hate"? I dont know, I think that is a bit much. I have heard all types of stereotypes...remember mermaid, you, too, are a dancer. There are stereotypes about YOU as well. Regular people who work regular jobs wouldnt think you are better than any of those girls in your club because as soon as they know you are a dancer, they already think you are a whore. This is the stigma about being a dancer. So why hate the girls you are working with, AND add your hate towards those girls to an entire race? You could hate all 7 of them but ALL russians? You say you didnt mean to disrespect any of the dancers on SW, but if you read correctly, you said you hate ALL russians. (So, that includes ANY dancer on here who is russian, or anyone else for that matter)

dymondiva420
03-30-2004, 01:32 AM

the 7 girls that were in fact whoring at my origional home club, turned the club from nice to downright nasty. bafore they came, it was clean, no open leg on stage, min touching etc, then..... open leg, one girl got a guy to eat her out on stage. FFS. yes i did see all of this with my own eyes. bj and sex in the dance rooms. i left that club some time ago, and have heard its not just the russians and hungarians that are doing thses extras, but my friends are having to keep up....now the wholeclub is practically a brothel. in 6 months those 7 girls changed everything.

Sweetheart, I want you to re-read your above comment...you say that you hate all Russians because of what 7 have done at a club you once worked at..and now, "your friends are having to keep up"..so, whatever nationalities your friends are, I hope you hate them too..since the 7 russians you've met are doing EXACTLY the same things that your friends are..

So, right now..I will happily say that I dont like or trust YOU because of your bigotry and narrowmindness..you simple dumbass.

nicole4
03-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Sara
I agree the manager was to blame for loosing control of his club, but allowing one dancer to hit another is inexcusable imo.

pope..Katrine (your holiness ;-)
thanks for not turning this into an extras thread, Im sure lafemme only meant to greet her sisters. Extras are everywhere it seems and no one group has cornered the market on bad behavior. Jealousy may come into play in a few cases, and the fact that many Russians are a visible minority- accents, different look etc.- makes them easy targets.

Lexi and Diamodive
Thanks for pointing out the flaws in the argument, its always easy to find a scape goat for our troubles.

Mermaid
I dont hate you, however as someone who spent the first 20 some years of her life in Kiev, I am not too impressed when u try to smooth the waters with your explination that u really only hate the girls who grew up there .
I respect your right to free speech, but I think that to make comments on a people based on a few contacts, shows a prejudice that is not attractive. WE ALL need to practice tolerance, and work on our inner beauty not just our outer.

thanks for hearing me out :bedtime:
~Nicole~

DancerNY
03-30-2004, 01:46 AM
"maybe its their culture, but i def. don't think they go out of their way to be a "slut"
tampafldancer, how can you even say MAYBE it's their culture, are you retarted? you're actually consirering the fact that being a slut can be a part of culture? i'm speechless...

"fuck it was just a passing comment. like " i dont like meat" you dont hear all the meaterians having a go at me? "
WE ARE PEOPLE NOT MEAT, YOU MORON!!!

Nashlis' tut umnii kabili, ya bi ochen' hotela ih na mesto postavit'!!!

Lexi
03-30-2004, 02:28 AM

Sweetheart, I want you to re-read your above comment...you say that you hate all Russians because of what 7 have done at a club you once worked at..and now, "your friends are having to keep up"..so, whatever nationalities your friends are, I hope you hate them too..since the 7 russians you've met are doing EXACTLY the same things that your friends are..

So, right now..I will happily say that I dont like or trust YOU because of your bigotry and narrowmindness..you simple dumbass.

:rotfl: oh my god, totally not what I expected. LOL

03-30-2004, 02:50 AM
So long as grievances are being aired, how about "Russian dancers violate the StripperWeb posting guidlines"?

German posts have been removed from Pryce's boards in the past. The same standard should apply here.

StripperWeb's forums are moderated. That means any post can be edited or removed as seen fit by our moderators or administrators. We are not trying to police the forums, but rather keeping things useful, positive, and peaceful.

[hr]
To ensure that your messages are not removed please follow these guidelines:

Make sure your messages have a clear connection to the topic of stripping or to the activities of our members.

Do not flame or attack others focusing solely on personality differences (read below for tips on how to avoid flame wars).

Do not advertise on our boards other than in the market place. If you have a website or product you'd like to let us know about, you may include a link in your signature as long as your posts are on- topic.

Do not request that others contact you without offering on-topic information.

Do not just post URLs with no textual information unless specifically asked for in the question.

Messages directed to only one or two members of our forum should be sent using the messaging system that is integrated with our forums.

Write in English (nothing personal, but if we can't read your messages, we cannot determine the content).

Please only make your post in one forum.

Do not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

Remember, this forum is for dancers. If you are not a dancer, please keep your posts relevant (i.e. do not make posts about who gives the nastiest dance)

[hr]
Tips for avoiding flame wars:

First, remember that you are corresponding with others from around the world. Not everyone lives the same way or thinks the same. Respect other's opinions and cultures.

Secondly, if you feel the need to respond in anger, take a break and come back after you have calmed down. It is usually best to ignore those looking for fights. If they have attacked or insulted you, feel free to contact the forum's moderator.

Lastly, remember this quote; "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William G. McAdoo.

[hr]
Please remember that moderators' opinions are only expressed within their own posts and NOT in their moderation activities. If they remove or edit your post it is nothing personal. They are trying to keep this place the wonderful place it is. If you disagree with a moderators actions, please contact the site administrator.

Gynger
03-30-2004, 03:17 AM
I believe that someone once said, “never judge a book by its cover”, so in respect to my heritage(I am 1/4 Russian, 1/4 Czech, 1/4 Irish and 1/8 French and 1/8 German-all of my grandparents were imigrants and were born outside of the USA)

I shall simply state that since you have basically stated your opinion which is very generalized, that perhaps you should educate yourself more appropriately to instead of pointing fingers at dancers who you have not yet met. Judgemental, very. (I guess this is the case, as you clearly state that you hate ALL Russian dancers because of their ‘alleged’ activities)

Perhaps if you were to look at yourself and see your own flaws you might view the world a bit differently. To state that all Russian dancers are extra girls is like stating that all blondes are stupid and incapable of being able to do anything but chew gum and stand there and look pretty. A very lowly comment from someone who should know better and I believe, is very blonde.
:mad:

mermaidnz
03-30-2004, 03:36 AM
lol your right gynger( im in the 94th percentile... mensa and all that)

i know what i said was probably said in the wrong manner. but hell it was a general statement. with what our club went thru with that particular race, was enough to influence me in my decision. as isaid earlier, with time it will change, but sure im very wary of them thru nad experiances.

hell we have all done that before.

one bad apple...in my case 7 is enough to make me shy of another.
sorry if my acceptance levels are different to yours, but not everyone was brought up with nice russians!!

Topaz
03-30-2004, 04:06 AM
...hate russian dancers...?

that would be like me saying i hate white people...based on the experiences i've had in the past year...with just a handful of narrow minded ones...

sweetie...rasist/prejudist statements ARE generalizations of an entire race...based on the actions/stereotypes of the few...or just one's personal opinion...

and a lot of stereotypes are NOT based on truth of the whole...if they're based on truth at all...but based on the actions of a handful of people...or the opinion of the majority...not even based on fact...

like the stereotype that all black women are getto/gold diggers/promiscuous...pick one...based on who's opinion?...a white society's opinion?...none of the sistas i know are...and i know i'm neither of these...

so saying that you just made a general statement...doesn't make any less of a racist statement...

:peace:

Melonie
03-30-2004, 04:32 AM
There are a lot of Russian dancers in NYC and they do have a bad rep. But I've met and become friends with several and found them to be very hardworking and did not perform extras.

I think it's bad to make generalizations like that. There are also things you need to take into consideration--some of the girls here owe lots of money to the people who got them over here illegally and they've GOT to be super aggressive about making money. And many don't have work visas, so they have no choice but to work in the less upscale clubs where extras are the norm.

This is probably a very realistic assessment of why many Eastern European girls in northeast clubs are so "highly motivated". However, you'll find just as many extras (if not more) being offered in certain Florida, Texas, California clubs with very few Eastern European girls present. The decision to offer extras usually boils down to girls facing a bad club economy, being at a competitive disadvantage, having few employment alternatives with high earnings potential, and being under pressure to come up with regular earnings.

Miss George
03-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Another thing I've noticed--this Russian friend of mine (who did not provide extras and came from a "straight" job) was often not well-liked by other girls in the club simply because she made more money. She didn't make more money because she provided any more contact or extras-she just busted her ass while other girls sat around chatting.

Forunately for her, she did not owe money to anyone, except for her mortgage payments on two houses she had bought in New Zealand. In three years, the girl had managed to do that, dancing in various cities (and New Zealand). I admire that! She had the self-discipline to work 5 nights a week and work HARD. If there was a customer to work, even one who appeared to have no money, she was right there trying to get work him.

When other dancers see that a girl is making money and they aren't, they often just assume the girl is giving extras. WHat they didn't see (but she did) was that they could be making the money too if they didn't get off their lazy asses. She has a plan to retire in a few years and go back to a straight 9-5 job in New Zealand with a few houses paid for, collecting rent.

I admire that.

VenusGoddess
03-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Wow...all I can say is that...wow...I come back from vacation to this? Hmmm...I think I'll go back now. LOL

I know that it is hard to deal with girls who do extras. But, it's even harder to deal with managers who allow them. Obviously, your manager didn't care because he saw his profit margin jump phenominally (sp?). In fact, there are very few "small" clubs that will stop extras. They'll most likely do it until LE stops them. Does it bring down the quality of the club? Depends on whose side you are looking at it from. From the dancers side, yes, from the customers and managers side, no.

There have been a couple of times where I have seen extras going on. The most mature thing that you can do for yourself is walk away and then leave the club. Striking another dancer for doing something that YOU do not agree with (the situation you described was pretty nasty) only makes you look absolutely childish...especially in front of the customers. Management should have stepped in and stopped the whole thing. The dancers are not there to "police" other dancers. If management was just standing there enjoying the show, well, then there's not much that you accomplished with your stage act. Besides bringing your maturity level down a few notches.

Sorry to hear about your experiences...

michele
03-30-2004, 07:45 AM
O.k.,let me just say Iam part russian,my grandfathers father was from russia,my mother was born in australia.Anyways,my russian cousin came here in 98 directly from oopha,she went to u.s.f. got a masters in finance,travelled with me for 3 years and has retired from dancing.She owns a car dealership and a mortgage company.When we traveled together noone believed she was russian she had very little accent anymore,she has a 148 i.q. and believe me she and I were the cleanest dancers were ever we worked and the top money makers,hell she use to top me by like 200-300 a night sometimes,which is incredible when you are already making in excess off a grand a night.I dont know why but she did not associate with other russian dancers we came in to contact with throughout our travels and she said something about just not wanting to asociate with them due to ,Iam not really sure,but she didnt.I think alot of american girls are generally jealous of russian dancers because they are such hard workers and are so beautiful.Iam not ashamed to be part russian,she makes me so proud,how many 25 year olds do you know that own 5 homes and two businesses.paka.

michele
03-30-2004, 07:48 AM
I forgot to add,some russians come here on their own,some come way of russian mafia,which you americans know nothing about.But that may explain why a few you see in the clubs may preform extras,but dont generalize about things you no nothing about.

TiNi
03-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Can I say damn. Why does it have to be about putting down a race. The girl was just saying Hi

sammybaby
03-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Need we even carry on with this ridiculous banter??? It's obvious that some people harbor resentment toward Russians for one absurd reason or another. Same with Blacks or Jews. This will never change.
If you have to hate, I say do it on an individual level because some chic's a bitch. To hate a whole group just seems lazy to me, like you won't even get off your ass and take time to get to know someone so you can hate them for the right reasons...lol... Same with generalizing like that. Three Russians worked at my old club, and one Greek chic. The Russians were cool, the Greek chic was a psycho-byeeeatch! So now I just hate Greeks....

Make Peace God Damn It!
Sammy

Rayleen
03-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I have seen problems with russian dancers as well, but not just russian but most any new immigrant dancer that comes from a poor country. Because of where they come from it often makes dancers like that the most cut throat people in the world. They don't care about anyone or anything else beyond getting their hands on every red penny they can~ anyway they can. :o

What aggravates me about these types is when they fake innocence. Just try calling one of them out on something and usualy you'll get the whole " not me " song and dance.
Or they pretend to not have known any better. And then there's my personal favorite~ they suddenly don't understand english anymore ::)

Some are actually despertate and send most of their earnings home to their family,.I think most start out like that but I notice that it often turns into more than just that- it turns into greed.

Desparate people get jaded quickly. And jaded people are often the most greedy.

celeste_63
03-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh my goodness! I am 1/4 Hungarian, 1/4 Brazilian, and 1/2 Dutch...by these definitions, I am slutty, gorgeous, and I do drugs (I threw that in for the whole Dutch thing). WOO HOO SOUNDS PRETTY ACCURATE! Bring on the condoms, makeup, and needles! PARTYYY!!!

(sarcasm)

Now I swear I am not trying to open up whole new can of worms, but this thread does remind me of another thread I read regarding West Coast prejudice against Latina dancers. I recall someone complaining about dancers who kept to themselves and spoke to each other in Spanish in the dressing room. As far as "keeping to themselves," which reminds me of the fabled Russian "bad attitude," well we aren't here to make friends are we? Not on SW, but at work. We are there to make money, don't expect to meet a batch of best friends. And who cares what language they speak? If they aren't speaking to you it's none of your business anyway. If you really feel left out (and you're probably just paranoid they are talking smack about you), learn Spanish. Or Russian, Hungarian, Portuguese, whatever.

Ok sorry that was pretty off-topic, my point is don't hate. It's ugly on your face and bad for your soul.

DdIiMmAa
03-30-2004, 01:34 PM
wow i have a lot to say on this topic..

But firstly i would like to say hi to lafemme my fiance' :couple: since she did start this forum as just a way to meet ppl of her own culture and not for a war..

Now for the verbal bashing for all you haters out there..
Firstly id like to reply to mermaid.. You are the reason why we have such hatred in this world. I was robbed by gun point by a black person b4 in the city and have been in many bad situations with other cultures. However you do not see me joining the kkk and saying how much i hate those black people and their guns do you? How can u generlize so quickly a whole culture based on a mere few people that you have met? If you were to acctually meet a russian family outside of your little circle youd see that a russian family acctually has more morals and more vaules than most other nationalities. Most european nationalities are like that our parents had us by the neck about whats right and wrong and we came out much better people thanks to that. Yes there are many people that ruin our name.. but like i said agagin if u saw an irish man walking down the street would u call him a drunk? or if you saw an italian man walking down the street would u run and say omg i just saw someone from the mob? This is why unfortunately i cant understand the mindset of people. Who do u think you are to bash a race or ethnic group? Your opinion is yours and if you think negatively about a certain few people then do so in the privacy of your own head because other normal people of that race take great offence to it.

I am not generalizing about the strippers that do extras yes i do think lower of them but i do not go around calling them dirty whores. If that is hte persons choice to do that then go ahead i do not agree with it nor will i stand for it but again thats my moral standing. Other than that anyone that has anything to sayh against russians again bring it on ill put u in ur place :beat:

A vcem ruskim tut a nuka blin pokojiti kto vi tokie bcex otpizdem =)

LoveSexMoney
03-30-2004, 01:47 PM
fuck it was just a passing comment. like " i dont like meat" you dont hear all the meaterians having a go at me?

Actually, take a look at any of Ryan's Raw Food threads...

tampafldancer
03-30-2004, 02:28 PM
cassandra.. excuse me? lol RETARTED, i think not!
meaning they are "more sexually liberated"
jesus!
who do you think you are hunny?

tampafldancer
03-30-2004, 02:32 PM
such an attitude you have. lol

sander8son
03-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Other than that anyone that has anything to sayh against russians again bring it on ill put u in ur place :beat:

Russians suck at hockey. hell, even the swiss are better players.

Gynger
03-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Other than that anyone that has anything to sayh against russians again bring it on ill put u in ur place :beat:

Russians suck at hockey. hell, even the swiss are better players.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes, Sanderson.. I have noticed that... thanks for the laugh!