PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted your own forum?

Pryce
04-02-2004, 07:07 PM
We're demo-ing a new feature we've been considering. As SW grows and more members join, it is hard to keep that small community feel. We've been doing our best to be a "city that feels like a town", but it is hard to do.

One idea we really like is to offer members their own boards to run the way they see fit (within SW's standard guidelines). This allows for smaller groups & discussions. Members can find boards they like the most and "hang-out" with those posters. The main boards will remain a common ground for all groups to meet and chat.

To see if there is interest in a system like this, we are offering 5-10 boards. So, if you have an idea for a board and would like to run it (you'd be moderator), please post your idea here. We'll choose within the next week or two. Once the boards are created, we'll be watching to see if others care to participate.

:)

Brittany
04-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Why wouldn't people who knew eachother well and just wanted to chit - chat with a small group of people just exchange screen names on Yahoo, msn, aol instant messenger, icq or Irc? There is also the option of forming a yahoo group and/or a msn group for people who know eachother well and/or want others who share their thoughts exactly to join. All the moderators of the yahoo/msn group would have to do is regulate membership, and only e-mail out invites to those who they wanted to join. These groups have the option of forming polls, posting pics, listing links, and posting.

ami
04-02-2004, 08:29 PM
would it be a "memebers only" type set up? i mean like you have to have permmision to post or it gets deleted like in the ladies section. or will it just be specilty forums, like the all garter forum or the money oragami forum?

Pryce
04-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Let's say there's a group of dancers in San Diego/France/anywhere who want to start a local board...they could. Let's say there's a group of members here who like riding Harleys...they could have their own board. Let's say "Anne" wants to start a debate board where members can argue till they're blue...she can. Let's say "Dan" wants to start a board where members can share jokes and funny pictures...he can.

These boards would be kept in a specific area, so they wouldn't interfere with the normal boards, but they could easily be found by those looking for them.

Brittany -> Consider it an SW group. ;)

Ami -> We haven't worked out the details, but we have considered offering the option of having private and public groups. If we implement this option, it would be up to the owners.

ami
04-02-2004, 09:12 PM
that sounds neat

how about an safer sex/sti forum? you can never have too much info on that, mabe even mix it with general womens health....

someone who knows how to sew should have a how to make stripper clohes forum

:o oh or an all jokes forum....

GoldCoastGirl
04-02-2004, 10:43 PM
A forum for Southern Hemisphere Strippers ! ;D

We aren't that many in number however we do exist.

Bridgette
04-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Um, I would happily run a rant forum :biggrin:
Seriously, this sounds intriguing, but other than the rants.....I'll have to think about it.

Bridgette
04-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Actually the more I think about it, the more I like the rants idea. We need our venting space, and this could keep it out of the way of the rest of the boards. People who want to rant can do so without bothering those who don't want to see it. Those who just need/like to bitch can do it there, those who like to watch the bitching would always know where to look, and those who'd rather not have to wade through it don't have to. I'd just have a rule to avoid making it personal. "Got a rant about the night at work? Feeling frustrated and need to blow off steam? Do it here!" I'm on here practically everyday anyway, so might as well do something constructive...

seraya
04-03-2004, 05:07 AM
yea i like the rant idea too... and womens health, very important.

I also like idea of having group sections, because SW is turning into, well i don't know what.... to much bs being posted all over the board.... and then that way threads like "dick pics" can have there own group.

Seraya.

sol_de_pr2
04-03-2004, 05:47 AM
and then that way threads like "dick pics" can have there own group.

Seraya.
Good idea ;D and a Caribbean section may be a good idea :-*

ami
04-03-2004, 07:05 AM
I would really like to do the womens health/sti info/safer sex forum. I have been wanting to go into the alternative medicine feild, perhaps become a midwife, and running a womens health forum would be a great start.

Susan Wayward
04-03-2004, 07:24 AM
I'd really like to have a Texas forum. There's a ton of members here and I think it'd be really great to have a regional forum for the state.

S4L
04-03-2004, 10:25 AM
I have been making costumes and clothing for a lot of years. I would like an area where we could exchange ideas (not sell). I would even give stuff away. The business needs new ideas.... If I see another cop, maid or nurse, I'm going to jump off a bridge ;)

Dean

Rhiannon
04-03-2004, 11:16 AM
I have been making costumes and clothing for a lot of years. I would like an area where we could exchange ideas (not sell). I would even give stuff away. The business needs new ideas.... If I see another cop, maid or nurse, I'm going to jump off a bridge ;)

Dean

LOL S4L. I think you have a great idea there for a forum. I do agree, costumes need more ideas nowadays. Too much gets overdone, it becomes boring.

I'm also in total agreement with B. I would love a specific forum for rants only. This way it'd cut down on the BS in the regular forums, and the ones who want to avoid the rants, can just stay out of that forum altogether. Everyone does need to vent once in awhile. It's healing. I vote for that.

:great:

nicole4
04-03-2004, 01:01 PM
geographical boards might be a good idea as market, laws, etc vary by location. especially Nationally.
I wonder if there are enough Canadians around to have a section?
I know atleast half a dozen who post but I wonder how many lurk?

Nicole

Rants might be fun too ;-)

LEIGH_LANDON
04-03-2004, 08:41 PM
here here! I like that Idea nicole - as a fellow canuck - I too love the rant section idea.

ChadW
04-03-2004, 10:25 PM
I'd like to see a forum for male strippers - but I think I am in the minority for that. :hyper:

ami
04-03-2004, 10:35 PM
i'd like to see male strippers too....
oh wait you meant forum....
oh well....
;D

Lexi
04-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I like the rants section. lol Theres a fitness board I belong to and they have a "Flame board" (not to flame the people but basically its no holds barred)
One of the topics was "I hate stereotypes" and such...
Its a cool way to blow off steam and not shove it in every thread.

Djoser
04-04-2004, 09:52 AM
The regional and rant forums are good ideas, as is the notion of smaller and more intimate groups for certain occasions. It's hard to believe there are now over 5,000 members! I remember when 500 sounded like a lot. It's great to see Stripperweb such a success, but I don't feel like I know everyone like I used to.

I would gladly be a part of a techno/industrial music or DJ forum, but I doubt there would be much demand for it.

4footfine
04-04-2004, 11:40 AM
I like the rant idea...especially about postings not being personal (since all text is taken literally anyway)

I also like the costume post...mostly because I design them, too. It's great to have customer feedback.

Blade
04-04-2004, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind doing a ct sc forum...Much like B I seem to have a buttload of freetime on my hands so I could happily run it. Or even a forum that runs from NJ to Maine lol

heidi
04-07-2004, 10:18 AM
i think it's a cool idea... i agree with miss george on the metro area board... i'm from nj... ;)

xoxo
heidi

NikkiD
04-09-2004, 02:00 AM
As a sociology major, I would happily take on anything related.. i.e., relationship issues, domestic violence, drug/alcohol, etc, etc.

Rayleen
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I started a topic in the test area for retired dancers. I thought it might be nice to have a place for fomer dancers to hang out since I noticed there are a few of us around here on SW.

I also like Bridgettes "rant" board. If I may suggest a name idea for it that just popped in my head ~ SoapBox Section :D

mermaidnz
04-13-2004, 05:31 AM
yeah there definatly needs to be aplace for NON AMERICAN dancers, while i appreciate the american strip club ideas and differences, for those not in the united states, eg UK, aust, nz, canada ( i spose canadian rules must be pretty simmilar tho?)it can be rather fustrating, when the clubs are run so differently (lol like housemom and tip outs?? lol we dont have them down here)etc.

i think the rant thing is GREAT!!!! i loveto bitch and ,moan about anything and everythign!! hehe

Cameron_FMM
04-15-2004, 07:04 AM
How about a board specifically for the UK. I found this site through a link from a UK site.

Sitri
04-16-2004, 08:02 AM
I would vote for a VIP room or Champagne room with registered member access no guests. Be nice if you were allowed in after so many posts.

ami
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
I like that vip idea...

Lexi
04-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Pryce, I dont know if this is the right place (because I dont mean to open a specific forum) but I think you guys could add a PIC section on SW, where the members can view all those pics posted in the lounge section. (booty pics, earlobe, etc...) LOL

I mentioned this because lots of the threads in the lounge get lost due to the constant pics. :)

Lilith
04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see a board for writers or those into costume design/selling.

LEIGH_LANDON
04-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Mermaidnz? the rules are different ALL OVER the United States they vary from club to club and state to state etc - Canada - each province has its own rules as well particular to liquer law and govt rulings.

Its soooo different everywhere!

Just thought I'd mention that - but we all have the nudity thing in common though LOL! (oop maybe no - some have full nude clubs some are pastie - in Canada its ALL full nude everywhere).

Cheers!
Leigh

Miss Courtney
04-21-2004, 12:03 AM
A forum for Southern Hemisphere Strippers ! ;D

We aren't that many in number however we do exist.

thats a great idea GoldCoastGirl!

Sitri
04-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Can we get a forum called Troll Bridge where the trolls can hide?

jennworthington
04-25-2004, 01:31 AM
This is great, I think the music, rant, and costume forums would benefit us all, and the regional ones would be fun too :)

Gynger
04-25-2004, 01:00 PM
I am in agreement with a Rants forum.

ami
04-28-2004, 06:43 PM
PRYCE...

can we please get the member boards up closer to the front? I think its annoying clicking through all of that to get to them, although I really like the posts there. and the tests are great!

Pryce
04-28-2004, 06:45 PM
The test board was only supposed to be for testing. The actual sections, when added, will be easier to get to... :)

------------

Maybe I should clarify, technical testing...making sure the system worked. :)

ami
04-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I like tests..... especilly the word problem, those are my favorite kind.... :)

Sitri
05-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Can you create a forum that is only accessible once you get past the newbie stage. There are some times people want to post things to the "regulars" not readable by guests and newbies.

Call it the Blast off Lounge.....

thanks

kryssy
05-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I would also like to see a humor forum. I think that all of us need a laugh once in a while. This could be something that would make alot of people happy all the way around.