PDA

View Full Version : nikkihurst and sweetplayboy

GirlFriday
05-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Yes they are the same person and they have both been banned.

If you guys notice that this is going on again, send pryce or I a quick PM and we will handle it. There's no need to let these things go on.

:) Have a nice day
GF

Rhiannon
05-18-2004, 07:03 PM
WOW.. Thanks GF! I can't believe I actually tried to make sense of it. I was way off.. LOL

Thanks again!

Madcap
05-18-2004, 07:06 PM
They WERE the same person??????

WTF???????????

Prester_John
05-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes they are the same person and they have both been banned.

If you guys notice that this is going on again, send pryce or I a quick PM and we will handle it. There's no need to let these things go on.

:) Have a nice day
GF

If only they were the same person on a "Star Trek Spock's Identity is in Dr. McCoy" kind of way. That would have been spiffy.

Wwanderer
05-18-2004, 07:27 PM
They WERE the same person??????
WTF???????????

Assuming two screen identities and staging a big fight (or some other sort of drama) is not an uncommon net stunt, though it is a particularly annoying and stupid one. The usual motive seems to be attracting a lot of attention, and note how much traffic there was and how many people were reading the threads and so forth during this afternoon's big spb143 vs nh143 surge of posts. It basically works. (It also leaves one wondering if any of the earlier "drama" nh143 posted was real; it could also just have been fabrication to get attention.)

Anyway, I appreciate that SW's admin took care of the problem quite quickly and efficiently. I have seen such nonsense screw up boards for days on end or even longer.

-Ww

Rhiannon
05-18-2004, 07:34 PM
GF.. She's signed on as Nikki right now..

Did her IP get banned?

Farrah_Holiday
05-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Get out ! Just when I thought I have seen it all on SW :rolleyes:
Who ever heard of arguing with your f*cking self ! I am totally pissed that I even fell for this crap...

Farrah_Holiday
05-18-2004, 08:17 PM
GF.. She's signed on as Nikki right now..

Did her IP get banned?

Did you send Pryce or GF a PM ? Or report the post ?

Rhiannon
05-18-2004, 08:26 PM
I don't think she was able to post. I was figuring this was the first place she'd come. She probably was banned, maybe they did it through PM? I hope so.. LOL

I mean.. Fighting with yourself? Damn.. She must be really messed up.

Hey GF? Is there any way to tell if she was also Coolchick? I noticed a lot of similarities. And in one of her responses, she practically gave herself away when she attacked Honey. Was Coolchick also banned? I lost track.. lol

Farrah_Holiday
05-18-2004, 08:34 PM
She IS really messed up Rhia ..gesh

Sitri
05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Or, they could have a wireless network and NATing the ip address so multiple computers are logged on at the same time.

Could be the P.O.'d boyfriend showing a little outrage at his GF going home and getting back at SW advice.

????

Fawn
05-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok, I guess I missed something while i was out of town. What thread is everyone refering too. It's a shame too, because i thougt nikki had some tips that were worth looking into in body buiseness.

Rhiannon
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Ok, I guess I missed something while i was out of town. What thread is everyone refering too. It's a shame too, because i thougt nikki had some tips that were worth looking into in body buiseness.

LOL Fawn.. There were several. She singled out a few girls, and originally, she singled out herself (she was under another name attacking her "Nikki" name). I have no idea what the motive was. Ugh..

Anyhoo, all of the threads were removed promptly by GF, and she's been banned, on both names. The whole posting war went on this morning for about 2 hours.

Malibu
05-19-2004, 01:10 PM
I spotted these really nasty threads recently and I have got to say that I am not surprised they are one and the same. When I went to the main forum page, the thread by NikkiHurst (''What The Fuck is Going on'' or something similar) was just created and SweetPlayboy was already on the thread straight away giving abuse. The funny thing is, I never saw both of their user names active as browsing the ''Stripping General'' board at the same time. It was always one at a time (I even checked). That was a real giveaway. I didn't want to say anything then because it was obvious that their time was coming.

I'm glad they are banned. Thank you GF and Pryce. They were completely cheapening the SW experience for everyone.

Gynger
05-19-2004, 01:16 PM
You're pissed??? I'm outraged... (OH HELL NO-more than outraged) I befriend this chick and she slams me for no good reason... WTF? Talk about someone who has some serious growing up to do.

LoveSexMoney
05-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Yes they are the same person

ah-HA! I knew it! :detective:

I'll even go so far to say that sweetplayboy/nikkihurst was xxeyezxx. :( I just feel it in my bones, yes I do.

lestat1
05-19-2004, 02:17 PM
ah-HA! I knew it! :detective:

I'll even go so far to say that sweetplayboy/nikkihurst was xxeyezxx. :( I just feel it in my bones, yes I do.

Uh-oh. Now she's ganna be ceruosely mad at U.

Katrine
05-19-2004, 10:09 PM
I have no clue what ya'll are talking about but I'm dying to know what the thread was about???

Rhiannon
05-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I have no clue what ya'll are talking about but I'm dying to know what the thread was about???

LOL Kat.. Long story short, NikkiHurst143 and SweetPlayboy143 were the same person. A couple days ago, SweetPlayboy created a few threads, one insulting Lilith, one insulting Gynger, and even one insulting NikkiHurst (Keep in mind, She IS Nikki). She even went so far as to start a thread in her Nikki name asking who SweetPlayboy was and why they were talking bad about her. It was definitely entertainment.

Katrine
05-20-2004, 12:02 AM
That's so weird because most of her posts seem to be pretty relevant and inoffensive. I think someone got a hold of her screename.

Not many trolls have decent beauty advice.....oh well, too bad...

Wwanderer
05-20-2004, 07:00 AM
That's so weird because most of her posts seem to be pretty relevant and inoffensive. I think someone got a hold of her screename.

Although the writing style was the same or very similar to the older nh143 posts, the content of her posts and that of spb143 was dramatically different than previouslly, so I think a stollen screen name and password is a definite possibility. It was either that or she suddenly flipped out for some reason.

Of course Pryce or GF should be able to tell if the connects were coming from the same IP addy(s) as previously. If so, an imposter would also have needed access to her machine(s) or known how to spoof addys.

-Ww

doc-catfish
05-20-2004, 10:05 AM
To those who weren't here, you didn't miss anything. I watched the whole thing transpire and it was utterly stupid.

To those who took the bait, don't feel bad, she (possibly he, but I'm thinking she because of the beauty tips) was very clever. The beauty tips and friendly exchanges she gave over the past month was her way of misdirecting you.

When I saw posts like the following, I knew that something was definitely suspicious about "Nikki":

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=8539;sta rt=msg100393#msg100393

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=8540;st art=msg100394#msg100394

This gal was clearly trying to get attention for her own amusement. I in fact think that she had been setting that stunt up for weeks and finally decided on Tuesday to finally drop the payload. Its sad that some people have nothing better to do online than to cause discord among others, but that's why we call them trolls.

As GF said, there's no need to fill up the boards with useless posts. Just hit the "Report To Moderator" button on the offending post and starve the offending party of your attention. The problem will be dispatched quickly. I also suggest reading the webpage I've linked to below so you know what to do when we get trolled in the future. And yes, it WILL happen again.
:)

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Wwanderer
05-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Just hit the "Report To Moderator" button on the offending post and starve the offending party of your attention.

What the man said! Especially the part which I put in italics.

I have been around the net from its earliest days, from when there were less than 200 machines total connected, and the only tactic which works against trolls (assuming that you are not the local sys admin) is to just ignore them completely. Use the "Ignore" function if you wish. Any and every sort of other reply simply encourages them; attention, especially hostile attention, is exactly what they want.

All that said, it rarely works on a major public forum like this one. People seem drawn to such drama like flies. I'll bet there was a huge surge in browsing and posting during the nh143 vs spb143 trolling episode.

-Ww

Sitri
05-21-2004, 05:12 AM
While this was going on, I had several PMs with her and she was absolutely frantic about what was happening. (Even Privately).

What I think is that her BF was using Playboy screen name to check up on her postings. When he found out she was going back to CA, he decided to flame her on board.

Anyone who uses a private network knows that everyone behind the public IP address is tagged with that IP address. The only way to really know is to look at the MAC address on the NIC card. Every computer network card has a unique number like a finger print. No matter where you sign on or what you do, your little packet transversing though the net has your MAC address.

If she did do the double screen name she was very good, as 99.9% of the Trolls will bail and not continue posting when all of the stuff is happening.

Also, I signed on yesterday about 10:00 a.m and her screenname NickyHurst143 was active and browzing Site Issues Forum. So, if GirlFriday really did block her Public IP, then that screen name is on another network IP. Could be that BF is signing on at work with her screen name also...

I have a BB setup with YABB SE also for fun, the only thing I can see is the last IP address. Not everyone previous. Of course Pryce may have a better history of IPs.

Interesting Mystery...

If she really did the back and forth, she is really, really good.. :o But, in my humble opinion, she probably is not the brightest light on the Christmas tree when it comes to spoofing IP address and staging the whole drama.