PDA

View Full Version : Worst Stage names?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Silverback
06-13-2004, 02:52 PM
On the up side, the name "Felony" would cause a customer to be very cognizant of the dancer’s age and to keep his hands to himself. :)

I had a dancer walk up to me once and say: "Hi, I'm Trouble". And when I responded,"Somehow I sensed that", she asked me how I knew . ;D

Anyway, never thought "Trouble" was a good choice, either.

And, since "Vanilla" worked so poorly for Mr. Ice, I'd agree it's a good addition.

exotica17
06-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Oh, yeah, I don't like Precious, or Lexus.

Rhiannon
06-13-2004, 04:26 PM
LOL @ Precious..

Other than the fact that it reminds me of Lord Of The Rings, I also had a fluffy poodle when I was little with that name. So anytime I see that, I always think of our little yipping ankle biting poodle.

We hates that name!

lmfao

LoveSexMoney
06-13-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm surprised you guys haven't brought up the "gem" names...Do you think you're trying to spare my feelings? :rotfl:

Susan Wayward
06-13-2004, 10:13 PM
There's a "Bourbon" at my club now.

Some jewel names are plausible, like Ruby, but Diamond? uh-uh. I just think that obviously fake names are really sillly. I prefer a real name. But what the hell, we're strippers, we can call ourselves whatever we want.

But I almost spit out my water when I heard the DJ anounce back to back "Rogue" and "Mystique." X-Men fans, I guess.

Rhiannon
06-13-2004, 10:20 PM
LMFAO Sapphire.. I actually like the gemstone names. Not to mention that the Sapphire is my birthstone. heh. I worked with an Emerald, and an Onyx, both great names as well. Onyx really pulled her name off, she had really dark, long flowing hair, and dark eyes.

I do think that Diamond tends to be overused though.

And I tend to not like names of Spices for other dancers.. I worked with a Cinnamon <gag> and even (yes), and Nutmeg.

Crazy stuff, I tell ya.. LOL

Lilith
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
A lot of bad names out there... Personally, I prefer "normal" woman&#039;s names. Anyway, I believe I have witnessed the worst stripper name in the history of modern civilization....

"Felony"

Yes, she was actually dancing using the name Felony (although I am unsure of how she spelled it). I defy anyone to top that one!

I worked with a Felony, who was just days past her 18th birthday. She never got the "new girl" money and couldn&#039;t figure out why. Good god, put her in pigtails and watch the men run the other way.

Here&#039;s my list:

Skittles (I shit you not, that was her name)
Ariel (yes, the little mermaid)
Beyonce (white girl)
Hunter (*snork*)

... not to mention that I&#039;ve danced with a lot of gals by all the names mentioned.

kitana
06-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Well my most unliked names are the really wierd ones or the ones that totally don&#039;t fit the dancer. Like I currently work with a girl named Anka(we call her Okra), and the fat skanky chicks that call themselves Diamond(yeah industrial grade maybe). Or White Chocolate cause they are white and date black guys. I also worked with a Bubbles, Candy, Lolly, and Sweetie before. Anything that makes me think of kiddy stuff is a total NO-NO! But with that said I probably have people that hate my name too. But Kitana isn&#039;t that bad is it?! Hell I&#039;m named after a vidoe-game character! lol
But my top 2 hated stage names are Bambi, and Barbi

CrescentLuna
06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot I&#039;ve danced with a Kit-Kat and a Secret. Can we have a separate group of food related stage names? hee.
Skittles, though, was the professional name of a very famous courtesan of the 1800s. If you happen to use that name, be sure to have that fact handy!

missalovelady
06-13-2004, 11:57 PM
I dont like the name cat.I think it sounds cheesey and there is a cat at every club along with diamond,madison,candy,star and lexi like mentioned.The worst name i ever heard though was Tasty.

outoftowner
06-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Hopefully this doesn&#039;t offend anyone, but from my experience the ones with the high dollar car or alcoholic beverage names usually are of the lower end variety.

These include "Mercedes", "Lexus", "Alize", "Cristal", & "Henessey".

A.n.a.l.a.
06-14-2004, 12:21 AM
there was a girl in my high school named allegra and it was also the name of a children&#039;s show in the early 90s i believe. it&#039;s italian meaning happy. natsu (japanese; unisex) means born in summer. ariel was the faery/air spirit in shakespeare&#039;s the tempest; it&#039;s also the name of israel&#039;s prime minister. means lion of god in hebrew. so at least those people picked actually names versus closing their eyes, spinning in a circle, and pointing to something... which is i&#039;m sure how people come up with names like lollipop! :P diamond is overrated though. and some girls actually have jewel names- one book i read (nonfiction) had three sisters in it named jade, sapphire, and opal. and i knew a little second grade girl last year named sapphire (spelled different though- adorable little person; called me mommy :)) anyways got way off topicc there. i think the more thought you put into the name, the better it will suit you.

Sasha04
06-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Sextacy
I&#039;m not to fond of names people make up..

Lilith
06-14-2004, 09:02 AM
ariel was the faery/air spirit in shakespeare&#039;s the tempest; it&#039;s also the name of israel&#039;s prime minister. means lion of god in hebrew.

Kid started dancing on her 18th birthday and I met her a week later. She actually did name herself after the Disney movie. She told me so. Her work bag was festooned with Little Mermaid characters. Her ledger was a Little Mermaid journal. And I highly doubt that anyone was put in mind of prime ministers of Israel upon meeting this twit. You could name youself Kofi if you wished, and most people would still snicker "Folgers or Maxwell House" rather than "OH, you mean like the UN Secretary General?"

SCGirl
06-14-2004, 09:11 AM
:rotfl: Holy Shit Luna! I know who you&#039;re talking about--"Kit-Kat"--oh good lord! I think she used the name cuz she ate a few too many (just my opinion--and yes, I know, not very nice, I&#039;m fat too so I really shouldn&#039;t be talking!). I heard she got hired after amateur night--is she still working? I can&#039;t believe she would be!

CrescentLuna
06-14-2004, 10:34 AM
*laughs* Fun being from the same town, huh? ;)
She worked like 3 nights, roughly, and then stopped. I dunno if she quit or the owner was like "uhm... why&#039;d you hire her?" She won three amatuer nights.

Asphyxia
06-14-2004, 11:20 AM
I know a stripper named "Licorise." Yes, misspelled like that and everything. Not good!

I once did an amateur night under the name "Bon Bon." ;D

In &#039;Strip City&#039;, Lily Burana wrote about a stripper named "Tralala." I always thought that was kind of awesome.

blondhottie
06-14-2004, 11:47 AM
I have also worked with a Felony, a Skittles, and a Precious. ::)

I have worked with dancers with these names too, and I was wondering what in the hell they were thinking (no offense if anyone on this board has any of these names.):

Kiwi
Kelis
Italiana
Cream
Snoopy

Names that I don&#039;t think are awful but are way overdone are Barbie, Diamond, Lucky, Mercedes, Savannah, and Summer. I know at least 3 different dancers who go by each of the aforementioned names. ::)

DestinyDevine
06-14-2004, 11:49 AM
lol there was this girl at the players lounge that used to call herself vagina princess it was quite disturbing... i like the name erotica lol

DestinyDevine
06-14-2004, 11:51 AM
oh and this girl named DubL spelled like that.. when asked she said her full name was DubL Shotov Henny it was tacky ridiculous and long.. and she was a ho lol

redlightgreenlight
06-14-2004, 12:14 PM
i really don&#039;t like food/liquid names. or "sexy" names that are not sexy.

the wild, crazy, weird names i&#039;m fine with as long as they suit the girl. with my girl next door looks, i couldn&#039;t imagine even trying to use a non-girl next door name. and there are some really exotic types that would look as stupid with my name as i would with theirs.

erotictonic
06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Dominoe and Chancellor were both names I disliked, although I have to give them a thumbs up for originality. The others I didn&#039;t like have been mentioned - car names and stuff like Fantasia and Dreama. Yuck. Oh and let&#039;s not forget Vandal - one of the hottest dancers I&#039;ve ever seen, but the name had to go. lol.

bambiblue
06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
I hate voolah and verooka.....

ToriBaltimore
06-14-2004, 01:48 PM
I also hate names with double sounds...
Ta Ta
Za Za
Bon Bon
Lou Lou
Tee Tee
Ray Ray
Kee Kee
....you guys get my point...and I actually have danced with all of those names at one point or another

ronnie
06-14-2004, 04:03 PM
There was (is?) a girl in town here who used the name "America". Just always sounded stupid to me...

Rhiannon
06-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I also hate names with double sounds...
Ta Ta
Za Za
Bon Bon
Lou Lou
Tee Tee
Ray Ray
Kee Kee
....you guys get my point...and I actually have danced with all of those names at one point or another

LOL I had a housemom by the name of Tee Tee.. Loved her to death, but hated her name, and refused to call her by it.. LOL

hardkandee
06-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Ugh! I can&#039;t stand Sunshine!! Really, now.
Or Anarchy. When the DJ says it it just throws you off every time.
How do you introduce yourself? "Hi, I&#039;m Anarchy?"
Yuck!

Gynger
06-14-2004, 07:06 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All of these names have had me laughing.. but I also remembered a girl from a long time ago, who danced under "Pepsi" because, as she said, "I have an addiction to Pepsi"... WTF-ever... dumbest name ever.. she might as well have called her self Almond Joy for that matter. (she didn&#039;t make it past three weeks and then quit).

afxturnip
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All of these names have had me laughing.. but I also remembered a girl from a long time ago, who danced under "Pepsi" because, as she said, "I have an addiction to Pepsi"... WTF-ever... dumbest name ever.. she might as well have called her self Almond Joy for that matter. (she didn&#039;t make it past three weeks and then quit).

Well, sometimes you feel like a nut (especially if you&#039;re Sandy); sometimes you don&#039;t!

-afx

BigGreenMnM
06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Came across a dancer in Illinois named Pop Tart, thought that was odd. Also worked with a Klymax and Suga. To me alot of typical stripper names are so over done, I do like the creative ones. I never came up with a good stage name and have always danced under my real name, Susan. I had to come up with a name for my character in the burlesque company I&#039;m in and I went straight to drag names! I am Ginger Lee-Pokem!

LOL
I gots me a Suga now,so me tinx dats a great stage name!!!!! ::)
Ginger Lee-pokem,Ide almost swear that was the name of my Jr prom date! :o

NekkoStarz
06-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Maybe it&#039;s already been done. Don&#039;t know. :)

Anyway, I&#039;m voting for:

Erotica

To me she sounds like a villian Flash Gordon or Buck Rodgers would have to do battle with. ;D

Although Stan Lee used it as the stage name for the alter ego of his Stripperella character. :-\ Nope, still bad. :)

Erotica is this year&#039;s Miss Nude Universe. She came out with a devil outfit on... haha, maybe she knows it&#039;s "evil-ish" :)

kryssy
06-14-2004, 10:13 PM
I actually know a girl from cheerleading who was named Pepsi!! LoL

One of the worse names that I danced with was Dandy!! WTF

raelene
06-14-2004, 10:42 PM
What about Tear-a part ? Really nice girl,danced with that name for about 15yrs

BigGreenMnM
06-15-2004, 05:25 AM
OH BOY! I got all of you guys beat! How about Moet,Cricket,Seven,Jaja. Thats just for starters I&#039;ll think of some more later.

Lol those are great!

I have a Jasper 6 right now.It sounds odd,but she is awsome and it works for her.

BigGreenMnM
06-15-2004, 05:31 AM
Lol i have a pitbull named Felony!

I think i like hearing "real" names for a change. ALOT of the names mentioned here i have either worked with or talked too out of clubs!

I changed my hair once to very dark brown and changed my name to Rio.....What was i thinking! Exotic? Not me. I always used my real name Pamela, guys don&#039;t believe me anyway!!!

Pamela

one of my all time fav entertainers is named Rio Valencia.
The name flows and so does she.Fits perfect.

MasonDixon
06-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Another thing is when girls use the names of cities. You know like Paris, London, Vegas, L.A., Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, etc..... I have all of these and some more at my club. Maybe we could put them together and make a map.

oceanblue
06-15-2004, 12:56 PM
hey va va voom, its funny you mentioned the name Monet cuz there is a girl that goes by that at the club i used to work at. LOL

Milion
06-15-2004, 05:46 PM
I think the worst stage name i ever heard was Souffle! And the girl was really, um, fluffy. Rolls everywhere. eww.

I don&#039;t like when dancers name themselves after alcoholic beverages (ie. Moet, Alize, Champagne) or brand names of clothing (Prada, Nautica, etc.)

slashingbeauty
06-17-2004, 11:28 PM
All right ladies--
I am in love with the names some amateurs give themselves. They are a hoot to me.
Here we go:
"The Rule"--had it tattooed on the back of her neck. She chickened out. I am still unsure of what "the rule" was. But whatever.
"Punkin"--no, no, no. Just no. And it&#039;s not even spelled correctly!!
"Creamfill"--we are not a Twinkie. Move on.
"Plastique"--Hmm.
Those were my favorites.
-slashingbeauty

Butchee
06-18-2004, 08:31 PM
HORtense

LoveSexMoney
06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
One night it was really slow (ie: dead) and we were bored so we made up new names for each other. I was Bertha.

Celeste
06-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Speaking of the name Money earlier in the thread, I danced with a girl who called herself Cash.

And then there&#039;s one of my favorite ones to laugh at, Chastity. And they are going to believe that? :)

Susan-Va
06-20-2004, 01:42 PM
While in NC this weekend heard a girl called to stage by Donga.

Devastating Divyne
06-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Okay, the names that are common enough to have a category to be in like food, gemstones, cities, etc are overdone but acceptable. Whoever commented about high end names and low end girls is correct. It usually happens that way and they make the name look bad. If you name yourself after alchohol stick to sexy sounding stuff, Tequila and Bourbon do not conjure up classy images, maybe drunken images but hey we&#039;re talking about strip clubs so wtf does class have to do with it anyway.

I took exception to these name:

1.Fat Cat: she was like 300 lbs or so and we asked her to change it for a whole two days before we started making fun of her

2. Memory: chubby, conceited and rude, customers used to call her nightmare

3.Velveeta and Bagheera: somebody from SW that worked at a show club mentioned a customer telling a Eastern Euro girl to name herself Velveeta. Another SW girl mentioned another Eastern Euro girl naming herself Bagheera off of the Disney movie Jungle Book.

4.Poison; just name urself murder or homicide or something why don&#039;t you.

5.Fox:u know she was a dog, really hairy, looking like teenwolf and shit!

6. Sade the Bitch: real stage name, old school girl been dancing years but she is still attractive as hell.

7.Nike: I didn&#039;t even ask questions about the how or the why, but she was beautiful

LoveSexMoney
06-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Donga? WTF??????? :banghead: And I thought Natsu was bad.

Rhiannon
06-20-2004, 04:44 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Velveeta! LOL

RoseDelight
06-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Two girls named "Bertha" and "Tequila" work at my club.

Lexi
06-20-2004, 08:10 PM
7.Nike: I didn&#039;t even ask questions about the how or the why, but she was beautiful

Nike was a beautiful goddess in Greek Mythology. The name Nike, means Victory. ;)

Lexi
06-20-2004, 08:20 PM
HORtense

Bad attempt at being funny ::)

Rhiannon
06-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Exactly, Lexi..

I&#039;m all for Goddess names, if the person can pull it off. Can&#039;t see a dancer named "Kali" though.. ROFL

Those familiar with mythology will know, Kali (in her Hindu form), is the Goddess of Destruction, and er.. not very attractive.. So, I can&#039;t see that working.