PDA

View Full Version : Worst Stage names?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

SexyBooty
06-21-2004, 12:30 AM
this was a great post:)

Devastating Divyne
06-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Nike was a beautiful goddess in Greek Mythology. The name Nike, means Victory. ;)

I know that and you know that, but between me and you, strictly on the low, every single thing she danced in had a famous tennis shoe company logo on it. She got tons of her outfits custom made. Besides, Nike was a goddess not a basketball shoe hootchie!

Celeste
06-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Ohh, Kali. If anyone knows thier mythology they'll be running away.

I always thought Lilith was pretty but then there's the same connotations (nor could I pull it off). Wouldn't get too many Jewish guys or men named Adam. :)

Sekhmet anyone? LOL

kitana
06-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey now Sekhmet is a cool name! Lol I play Pharoah (it's a sim style game where you start off with a little plot of land and try to make it into and egyptian city for the Gods) I always use that name as my families dynasty name. But I also know who she was so I'm not a total dumbass. LOL!
Kitana

Lexi
06-21-2004, 06:32 AM
I know that and you know that, but between me and you, strictly on the low, every single thing she danced in had a famous tennis shoe company logo on it. She got tons of her outfits custom made. Besides, Nike was a goddess not a basketball shoe hootchie!

:rotfl: Oh see this I didnt know. Maybe she was trying to say "JUST DO IT" and didnt know that her name actually had a meaning? ??? ;D

Emily
06-21-2004, 06:46 AM
confession: when I first started dancing, I wanted to name myself one of the nakmes listed in this thread, and the DJ insisted I pick a different name.

Phew! Close one!

scarlett_vancouver
06-21-2004, 07:20 AM
i'd have to say any name that reminds you of a disease or some type of medical condition (or is a disease).. we all know some stupid girl out there is going to call herself angina (which is a heart condition) or clymedia (an sti)! lol

Haha- I go by Scarlett (duh, obviously), like o'hara, one of my fav. books and also I'm pale with dark hair and green eyes, so it kindof works...anyways, people very often say I should change my name to 'Scarlett Fever' - uh, name myself after an illness? I don't think so!

I also get a lot of "but you're not a redhead!" :banghead:

Rhiannon
06-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Sekhmet anyone? LOL

LMFAO Celeste

GoldCoastGirl
06-21-2004, 08:58 AM
I nearly went with Ecstacy at one point. These days I stick with Vanessa (first choice) or Lucy. If none of those will work (as in taken)... then I don't know!

Confession: I was thinking of calling myself as a last resort (instead of Ecstacy) GC due to being from the Gold Coast ... but no.. I'm not going with that either.

I too personally like the more "real" sounding names (Vanessa, Danielle, Tori, etc) however find it surprising that some of the REAL names of strippers out there are more interesting than their actual stripper name!

I knew a Verity who called herself Chante. Also a Coral who called herself Baby.

Must admit that Baby as a stripper name isn't a fave of mine. Just that it worked for her because she was petite, thin and suited it.

Sasha04
06-21-2004, 01:34 PM
What do you all think of Queen? I haven't met anyone who has used this name yet.

Gynger
06-21-2004, 07:58 PM
One night it was really slow (ie: dead) and we were bored so we made up new names for each other. I was Bertha.

LOL Saph!

At my old club we did this too!

Bertha
Norma
Gertrude
Agnes

I was Agnes... to this day we all keep in touch and always sign our emails or b'day cards, xmas cards with our old lady name.

A.n.a.l.a.
06-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Sekhmet (Lion) Daughter of Ra and consort of Ptah, She is a war goddess and a divine Aspect of the power and majesty of the Pharoah against his enemies.

krchab99
06-22-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't like the name platnum we have a dancer by that name not to sexy sounding.

toxicgirl
06-23-2004, 12:51 AM
i actually considered dancing under the name kali. i used to dance under the name damballa. realy messed with people's heads... 8)

charmedone23
06-23-2004, 06:06 PM
I actually thought of the name "charmed" because of it being my favorite show. I also have guys tellingme I look like holy marie combs with my hair down. I don'y know if i will keep it, but for now it's ok :)

JadeBrooklyn
07-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Bambi, Roxy, Barbie, Dream, Cloud, You get the picture.... Of course, I had my name before I started stage dancing and I had no clue it was so popular or I wouldnt have used it... Oh, well. Too late now..

Jade (Brooklyn)

I got it from the movie Jade.

urnemesis
07-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Hw do you feel about dancers that name themself"s after cars lol

Silverback
07-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Yes, and what's worse is when those cars are actually named after something else. ;)

mercedez
07-03-2004, 10:23 AM

Hey don't make fun of me........lol.........That was the first name I picked... :D.....and a year later, I'm still dancing under Mercedez.....it just sticks with you.......... :D

Ferrari
07-03-2004, 11:06 AM

I feel just fine about it... :P

ladysummer
07-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Mt stage name is summer (obviously!) and another dancer at my club is named Autumn. I can't tell you how many times I introduce myself to a guy and say "hi I'm summer" and he will reply "hi I'm winter"! Uggghh! Autumn gets the same thing too!!! Sometimes I think I should change my name..........

mercedez
07-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Mt stage name is summer (obviously!) and another dancer at my club is named Autumn. I can't tell you how many times I introduce myself to a guy and say "hi I'm summer" and he will reply "hi I'm winter"! Uggghh! Autumn gets the same thing too!!! Sometimes I think I should change my name..........

yea...sometimes when I introduce myself as Mercedez...they reply with I'm Ford, or Lexus.........lol

kermit210
07-04-2004, 01:43 PM
I used to work with a "Body"...........

FBR
07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Do you really think customers care what your stage name is?

FBR

kryssy
07-04-2004, 09:48 PM
we now have a girl named cookie at our club!! LoL

Ellie Tara
07-04-2004, 10:13 PM
A female acquiantance of mine was named Winter (real first name)

big_daddy
07-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Mercedez I know what I would say...well after a few drinks anyway but I better :lipsrsealed: so I don't get into any trouble!

kellyallstar
07-05-2004, 06:33 PM

FBR

I think most do.

caitlin
07-06-2004, 01:07 AM
We actually have a dancer at our club that calls herself believe it or not Mongoose.

Katrine
07-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes, they care, because way too many think they have a fighting chance....pick realistic names for that reason...if they don't believe Katrine, they will believe Katherine....etc....

LisaGrey
07-06-2004, 01:23 AM
McKayla. It reminds me of a small girl...a child. Blegh.

Ti Amo
07-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Any place or thing name I dont like. If you eat it, drive it, wear it, visit it, etc. I 'm generally not a fan. Of course there are exceptions. I went back and forth with my name for the 1st month I danced, and finally ended up with Tessa (Italian for Countess). I really wanted Italian heritage in my name, b/c my looks totally reflect it, but there are so many names that I heard and said, "oh I like that," but didn't want to dance under it b/c someday I may want to name my child one of those names.

RCJ
07-07-2004, 03:28 PM

FBR

Funny, I've been asking myself the same thing everytime I see this thread. Sure, some are cheesier than others, but, they are all fake anyway so who cares. I raraely use the stage name when conversing with a dancer anyway.

sandi_g
07-07-2004, 09:59 PM
My sister-in-law and I work together at the same club and we're trying to get someone to change their stage name to "Placenta". You know, "like that new fragrance". Mmmm so pretty! ;)

onlythebest
07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Oh,that is so wrong.HAHAHA!!!

sarah angel
07-07-2004, 10:18 PM
My name at my first club was Roxie, and I hated it from the beginning. I was so nervous about starting dancing that I didn't think of any names, and all the names I like/could think of were taken, so the manager gave me the name.

My next name was (and still is) Zariah... and I always get the response "Soriesis... like the skin disease?" Or, I get "Hey Zorro!" I'd change it, but I've had it so long and kinda like the name. I started to change it to Sarah (around the time that I joined SW), but the name never stuck and so many people allready know me as Zariah.

When I worked at another club, I went by Zee, like the letter, and that was bad too. Not only does Z sould like B C D E G... especially in clubs... but the response back was "Hey, I'm (name a letter)"

I've had a series of bad names and cannot think of any better, so I have no room to criticize, but the worst name I've heard is Ana Nicole. Ana Nicole used to work at this scummy nude club right down the street from where I work, and dancers who worked with her said she'd stand in the middle of the club and say something like "If you've got $200, then I'll do whatever you want me to!" Come on, name yourself after a better person than Ana Nicole.

DivaManager
07-08-2004, 12:49 AM
So many funny names here. I had to put my 2 cents in for what it's worth.

Least favorite names : LaQuisha, TamTam, JimmySue, Candle .... WTF???

All time favorite name : Tristin

blondhottie
07-08-2004, 04:22 PM

Least favorite names : Vertigo, LaQuisha, TamTam, JimmySue, Candle .... WTF???

All time favorite name : Tristin

Jimmy Sue? WTF? That dancer must have been on crack when she came up with that name! I'm sorry, but when I hear that name, I picture a girl with a mullet who lives in a trailer with her boyfriend Billy Bob! LOL :D

Rhiannon
07-09-2004, 11:10 PM

Least favorite names : Vertigo, LaQuisha, TamTam, JimmySue, Candle .... WTF???

LOL There are so many things wrong with those names. Candle? lmfao.. LaQuisha? I can just see it now.. "Hey, La-Squisha!".

<cringe>

A.n.a.l.a.
07-10-2004, 10:04 PM
tristin&#039;s a cute name..only spelled properly tristan and that&#039;s a boy&#039;s name

Stipperella
07-13-2004, 07:11 PM
i know some strippers from the local clubs with the worstest names i think: velvet, champagne, justice, liberty, freedom, kitty

Silverback
07-13-2004, 09:08 PM
i know some strippers from the local clubs with the worstest names i think: velvet, champagne, justice, liberty, freedom, kitty

2 of those girls had quite the reputation!

I&#039;m sure you&#039;ve all heard the phrase "liberty and justice for all". :D

Rhiannon
07-13-2004, 09:51 PM

2 of those girls had quite the reputation!

I&#039;m sure you&#039;ve all heard the phrase "liberty and justice for all". :D

ROFL SilverBack

Brooke Quinn
07-13-2004, 11:38 PM
I&#039;m all for Goddess names, if the person can pull it off. Can&#039;t see a dancer named "Kali" though.. ROFL

Those familiar with mythology will know, Kali (in her Hindu form), is the Goddess of Destruction, and er.. not very attractive.. So, I can&#039;t see that working.

I worked with a Kali and she named herself quite deliberately. Unfortunately for her, the name suited her entirely too well.

Her favorite activity at the club was sacrificing the bachelors and birthday boys onstage. She was very rough with them, often slamming their heads against the pole when their hands were tied behind their backs with a belt.

Rhiannon
07-13-2004, 11:46 PM
LOL That would be a very Kali-like thing!

Did she also make a necklace of their freshly-skinned skulls?

lmfao..

Brooke Quinn
07-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Okay - I read through the entire thread and didn&#039;t come across my two picks for ALL TIME WORST DANCER NAME...

Yummy

Delicious

Yummy got herself fired after getting caught on the pool table with a man&#039;s head between her thighs.

Brooke Quinn
07-13-2004, 11:49 PM
LOL That would be a very Kali-like thing!

Did she also make a necklace of their freshly-skinned skulls?

She would have if she thought she could get away with it.

She was all about the power and control of dancing. She loathed men and was pretty upfront about dancing being her revenge on the gender as a whole.

Rhiannon
07-13-2004, 11:56 PM
LOL I love it!

:rotfl:

Brule
07-14-2004, 12:35 AM
i work at a club in vegas that has over 4,000 girls on its roster, no joke. not all work at once but they are hired to work. so of course i have heard some crazy names.
cinderella ans snow white
lunatari
felony
hypnotiq
and than there is a stupid girl named crstyial and thinks she is cristall
we have numbers, states (or cities), other alcohol, and most of the names you have all mentioned

scarlett623
07-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Worst names I&#039;ve come across would have to be Possesion, Kitten, and (!) Sexual Chocolate. I&#039;ve also worked with most of the other bad names already mentioned. One of the coolest real names I&#039;ve ever heard was Kismet. She actually made her stage name Destiney! I&#039;m sure no one would have believed her real name anyways. While I&#039;m Scarlett on SW (Yes I DO have red hair) my name at the club is Robyn. This leads to all kinds of stupid references to Batman and endless inquiries if my breast is really red. Ugghh!!