PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common thing?

Rayleen
11-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Once she was up there dancing and in the moment she seemed like a totally different person. She really lit the place up (or at least for me she did). My first thought was "Wow, this is the same girl that was just sitting with me. How could I have said no to her".

How often does this happen to you guys?

FBR
11-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Yes, I have met several dancers who "came alive" so to speak while up on stage. While visually enticing, Id much rather have them come alive while hanging out with me up close and personal. Thats when I will start spending money. Im not a big stage tipper other than on the flockettes.

FBR

electric_head
11-18-2003, 09:33 AM
This happens quite alot,I was thinking you dancers had a switch hidden on your body somewhere that is turned on(pun)when you get on stage. I have not found where you hide said switch, but am still looking:)

FBR
11-18-2003, 10:05 AM
EH..Im the exclusive distributor for ACME's new line of Stripper Hot Button Meters. Works like a metal detector. The closer you get the more it beeps :P Operates off ordinary batteries, is water proof and is guaranteed to help you find those elusive switches or double your money back. All yours for the low, low price of $49.95. May I take your order, sir? ;D

FBR

Richard_Head
11-18-2003, 10:26 AM
I've seen it happen quite a bit also, I'll had more than a few dancers approach me at my table and not be all that blown away by them and give the old "no, thank you" reply to the LD request only to be kicking myself when I see them on stage. Work that stage girls, it does pay off.

Richard_Head
11-18-2003, 10:28 AM
I have a couple pics of Miss J she sent me for my bday but shed kill me if I shared LOL

FBR

I'll bet she wouldn't mind ;).

electric_head
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Only if you'll demo on one of the flock FBR8)

doc-catfish
11-18-2003, 10:55 AM
FBR and the Flockettes! Now THAT would make a great Vegas show.
[clap]

I've also seen the opposite happen. A gal gives a decent stage show and for whatever reason, I turn down her request for a dance because I have my eyes set on another gal.

Then when I go back to lap dance area, while my gal is giving me a "satisfactory" dance, Miss Amazing Stage Show and her customer are in the seats next to ours, and she's giving him superb mileage. :o

Sometimes a guy can't win. You snooze, you lose I guess.
[frustrated]

Happy_Camper
11-18-2003, 11:06 AM
It has happened to me enough that I like to wait to see someone on stage before I make up my mind about a dance. It is all about the confidence. I think it is sexy. If she can own the stage, it raises the appeal a couple notches.

lestat1
11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
I've never had that happen. I use the table/lap dance as an indicator of how the private dance will be. It's only failed me one time (great dance out on the floor, boring "I hate my life" dance in back).

electric_head
11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
OMG Hi Stranger:)

Sleepy
11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
It has happens to me before, but not very often. I've had kind of opposite experiences too. When out of the blue some dancer that you've never seen before appears next to you and immediately asks you for a dance. So taken away by first impressions you agree. Then during the dance you think, "...$%^*$& why didn't I wait to get a better feel for her?" :-/

Happy_Camper
11-18-2003, 02:15 PM
I have also seen 'average' stages and when they sat to chat with me seemed even more charming. So it does work both ways.

Niceguy
11-18-2003, 02:16 PM
In a place where the stage dance is the number one ad for the dancer for table dances or attracting guys (and maybe VIP sales) I agree.

The amount of dancers who pay $25 to not dance on stage makes no sense to me unless it is a very busy night and they are in the type of club where they will get table or lap dances just by walking around.

The allure of the dancer nude on stage is the hook for
most guys. It's bound to get most dancers more income
after they get off the stage.

electric_head
11-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Did we miss you, DID WE MISS YOU Naw 8)

electric_head
11-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Well, welcome back then I guess:)

SportsWriter2
11-21-2003, 10:32 AM
It happened to me once. My fave started dancing to 112's "Dance with Me" as if she were in a halftime show. Now whenever I hear that song, I get goosebumps

Chuck149
11-21-2003, 10:42 AM
In a place where the stage dance is the number one ad for the dancer for table dances or attracting guys (and maybe VIP sales) I agree.

The amount of dancers who pay $25 to not dance on stage makes no sense to me unless it is a very busy night and they are in the type of club where they will get table or lap dances just by walking around.

The allure of the dancer nude on stage is the hook for
most guys. It's bound to get most dancers more income
after they get off the stage.

I couldn't agree more. I like to watch a dancer on stage before deciding on whether to buy a LD or not. How she performs on stage is not the only determining factor.... but it is a big one ;D

fishnet
11-21-2003, 03:47 PM
I couldn't agree more. I like to watch a dancer on stage before deciding on whether to buy a LD or not. How she performs on stage is not the only determining factor.... but it is a big one ;D

Of 5 dancers that have probably earned 85-90% of everything I have spent in a club, 4 got me with their stage.

Lilith
11-21-2003, 07:15 PM
The first two pieces of advice that I heard when I started stripping were as follows:

"You'll never make money if you don't take off your top."

"No one ever makes money off the stage."

Both are extremely incorrect, though so often repeated that they might as well be universal mantras. You may find this dubious, but I am being completely honest when I state that in six months only two customers have moved on solely based on lack of frontal nudity. Two. In both clubs that I have worked, I was and am the only stripper who wouldn't go topless, yet (to everyone's amazement) it did not affect my earnings.

Again despite what everyone in the business seems to feel (in fact, there was a huge thread a month back on the pink site where I was almost alone in pointing out the lucrative opportunities on stage) I rely upon stage for quite a bit of my money. I'm not discussing tips alone, either, though I can count on a good $100 in tips most nights. The stage is my best advertising tool. I seem to make a bad first impression as far as strip clubs go. I am tiny, with a very youthful face and a sweet (read: naive and innocent) appearance. I get the feeling that a lot of fellows see me as this young little bubble-head, probably boring and vapid, someone likely to be to timid to be any fun in the sack.

But then I take the stage.

I'm a crowd-pleaser. I have stage presence. My music is adrenaline-pumping and my show entertaining. The customer's impression of me makes a drastic swing from "young bubblehead" to "feisty redheaded rock chick". Customers often say that they barely noticed me until I took the stage, "And then it was like- BLAM!" (to quote a fellow from last night). Guys start picturing what a wild ride I would be in bed, if I'm like that on stage.

That is my method of "hustling". I milk the stage for all it's worth, and then I step down tableside to reel them in. I doubt I would make even half so much money if I couldn't work the stage. It probably helps that have so damned much fun on stage (you would never have been able to label me an exhibitionist in my pre-stripping days. Who'd a thunk it?) I'm a total attention whore at heart. I love the stage.

Happy_Camper
11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
But then I take the stage.

I'm a crowd-pleaser. I have stage presence. My music is adrenaline-pumping and my show entertaining. The customer's impression of me makes a drastic swing from "young bubblehead" to "feisty redheaded rock chick". Customers often say that they barely noticed me until I took the stage, "And then it was like- BLAM!" (to quote a fellow from last night). Guys start picturing what a wild ride I would be in bed, if I'm like that on stage.

I would really like to see this. Do you ever travel? I dont know when I will ever be around you...

velvet
11-22-2003, 07:54 AM
i on the other hand rarely go on stage. i'm still a top earner at my club. it doesnt seem to matter. when i do go on i make lots of $$ because people hardly ever see me up there. maybe i do miss out but i dont really think so. it's usually so busy when i go up me and the tippers rarely find each other!

Lilith
11-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Velvet illustrates what I wanted to say, but my computer froze up.

If you are a fantastic hustler, the stage is irrelevant.

If you are not a fantastic hustler, then you had better work any angle left open. Dismissing the stage because "no one ever makes money off the stage" is a disastrous mistake for people without Hustle Honey skills.

Naomi_Tx
11-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Funny story. Was sitting at table with two young guys and another dancer watching (enjoying) Stage-Show Girl do her rigorous pole tricks and slamming splits stunts. Young guy asked if I do that on stage, I said no. Young guy asks why not, I say "because I don't have to." Other dancer at table smiled and winked at me.
Decided to tell DJ to put me up next, to prove my point. I made twice what she did and I'm a slow seductive inflexible dancer.

I pay to skip stages because it's not worth the time and knee bruises.

To each her own.

Rayleen
11-22-2003, 02:37 PM
I enjoy being onstage myself, but often find it is a waste of earning time since many guys who are interested in a stage show generally are there for a free show .

I find the guys replies here interesting considering the things talked about in the maybe later thread.

fishnet
11-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Perhaps you are taking this too literally Rayleen. Just as YMMV for customers, as dancers you should expect customer reaction will vary too. A great stage doesn't guarantee anything. The dancer has to be your type, you have to click by the second dance, and there has to be some common ground so that some intelligent conversation can take place over a period of several hours. LOL. ML and the extras crowd will probably disagree, which is fine. As long as they can bust a nut they are happy. Those that expect to be entertained want more and that will vary depending on the customer. If a girl is your type, you will probably notice her whether she does stages or not. Properly motivated, I'll practically run across the room to get to someone I want dances from. LOL. It all depends and a customer knows what he wants when he sees it. LOL. Or at least he thinks he does. :D

Rayleen
11-22-2003, 04:56 PM
I'll practically run across the room to get to someone I want dances from. LOL.

So that was you huh?
just kidding! ;)

Niceguy
11-22-2003, 05:16 PM
In a big club with more than one stage and area, if it's busy how do you expect us to even see you? Doesn't the stage show also give the dancer the graceful opportunity to break with a guy, do her stage thing, and hopefully get another
guy? I admit if it is wall to wall customers, the stage show
may diminish your revenue... but how ofter is it super busy
these days?

Happy_Camper
11-22-2003, 08:11 PM
...a customer knows what he wants when he sees it. LOL. Or at least he thinks he does. :D

I know when she tells me that is what I want. (That is what I let her think).

Richard_Head
11-23-2003, 03:00 AM
I find the guys replies here interesting considering the things talked about in the maybe later thread.
You lost me here, care to elaborate? I think the basic tone of the answers here is that the stage is a good place to advertise yourself for future LD's, especially if you're good on stage and not so good at hustling dances.

Rayleen
11-23-2003, 04:15 AM
Do I need to re-read the thread that has the maybe later stuff in it?

I got the impression during the maybe later dialog that many customers know immediately if they will want a dance from a particular dancer or not. Now it seems that may not be so true after all. I'm just a little perplexed now I guess.

Chuck149
11-23-2003, 04:21 AM
Do I need to re-read the thread that has the maybe later stuff in it?

I got the impression during the maybe later dialog that many customers know immediately if they will want a dance from a particular dancer or not. Now it seems that may not be so true after all. I'm just a little perplexed now I guess.

LMAO I guess we just like to keep you ladies guessing as to what we like... hmmmm, kinda sounds familiar doesn't it ? LMAO

Rayleen
11-23-2003, 04:26 AM
In a big club with more than one stage and area, if it's busy how do you expect us to even see you? Doesn't the stage show also give the dancer the graceful opportunity to break with a guy, do her stage thing, and hopefully get another
guy? I admit if it is wall to wall customers, the stage show
may diminish your revenue... but how ofter is it super busy
these days?

I think its more about the fact that many customers don't tip the dancer on stage and it isn't just the she's not my cup of tea thing either- they compliment,ask for dates and so on while we're up on stage but some still don't tip. And the more common this becomes the less dancers want to waste 15 mins of every hour ( approx stage rotation in a mid size club) on stage giving out a long free show. I almost always went onstage myself- I like it, but I can see why many dancers would skip it.

Niceguy
11-23-2003, 07:33 AM
There so much sales, spam in my e mail, people trying to sell me extended insurance on dvd players (that I don't want)
that for my own sanity the default answer on anybody selling me anything these days is no.

So a dancer coming up to me at a table trying to sell me a dance, especially when I haven't had a drink the answer is probably no.

The stage however attracts my attention so probability for a later dance is much higher if you come within range.

Richard_Head
11-23-2003, 09:18 AM
That's the point of the thread, I think, that even though we may have initially decided against a dance upon our first impression, our opinions can be changed if a dancer puts some effort into her stage dancing.

I think its more about the fact that many customers don't tip the dancer on stage and it isn't just the she's not my cup of tea thing either- they compliment,ask for dates and so on while we're up on stage but some still don't tip. And the more common this becomes the less dancers want to waste 15 mins of every hour ( approx stage rotation in a mid size club) on stage giving out a long free show.
It may sometimes seem like a free show when your not getting tipped at the stage, but when people impressed by your stage dancing get dances from you later on it will have paid off. Now if you are a great hustler anyways I can see your point, then it may just be a waste of the dancers time.

Kabiosile
11-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Hello guys! This is my first post over here...

Well, here are some things I feel dancers need to know about "stage dancing" and other stuff:

-When I just get into a club, I like to have a drink(non-alcoholic), sit down for a while, and ENJOY THE STAGE SHOW, if there is any. I find it annoying when a dancer just jumps all over me even before I put my ass on the chair. So, give the customer time to relax and "feel" the club...

-The stage is a way of "showing your physical goods". That has a 50% of influence on my decision of going or not going to the VIP with a dancer . You wanna get a lap dance(I'm from Tampa, so sometimes things can get wild in the back room) from a dancer you are physically attracted to. So, yeah, try to do some stage dancing. I, as a customer, don't care a bit about how many spins you can do, but I do care about how sexy/sensual you can be.

-The other 50% of the experience is the brief chit-chat you have with the girl. Now, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't care much about the personal lives of the dancers... so I find it a turn off when a dancer starts talking about her relationships or all that crap. If the club is known for only offering lap dances, then I would like the dancer to impress me with her SEXY/SENSUAL personality. If the club is a little more laid back in terms of "mileage", then the dancer can be a little bit more open in her suggestions. But anway, the point is... your personality counts as much as your body does.

I guess that's enough... ;D

Rayleen
11-25-2003, 03:59 AM
Perhaps you are taking this too literally Rayleen. Just as YMMV for customers, as dancers you should expect customer reaction will vary too.

Probably right. Actually I think I took the stuff in the maybe later thread too literally.
This is more like what I thought before reading that so many felt they knew within a few seconds of the dancer saying hello, if they'd want a dance or not.
I thought that was kinda unfair, well thats not the right word, maybe rash is better. I dunno.
It just seemed weird to me to make a decision so fast like that. Its good to know that a good stage show still means something . :)

fishnet
11-25-2003, 06:15 AM
I thought that was kinda unfair, well thats not the right word, maybe rash is better. I dunno.
It just seemed weird to me to make a decision so fast like that. Its good to know that a good stage show still means something . :)

In my case, there is a reason I know. LOL. I set up my playdates in advance. When I'm out front, I'm just waiting for my girl. ;D When she comes out, we disappear in the back only to surface when the money runs out. Nothing against the girls that are asking. Good stages usually get someone on the "gotta get some dances list." It may not happen that night, I eventually get to them though. ;)

electric_head
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi Kab welcome

Brel
11-25-2003, 09:25 AM
I don't think I ever turned down a dance with a dancer only to see her light the place up on-stage. I have DEFINITELY gotten dances from dancers who lit up the stage then were lifeless in the private dance environment. Unfortunately :-/

electric_head
11-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the site Brel

Kabiosile
11-29-2003, 05:44 PM
I finally found a place were I can share my experiences with others...

FBR
11-30-2003, 02:59 AM
Welcome to the board Kab.

FBR