PDA

View Full Version : How to delicately inform someone?

jennymodel
11-25-2003, 08:42 AM
I have an older customer, who has flaky, red skin on his face. Sometimes the skin flakes off on me when I am dancing for him
I think he is okay otherwise, but how do I tell him without sounding rude?

Susan Wayward
11-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Give him some moisturizer ;).

jennymodel
11-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Actually, that could be a really good idea--maybe a skincare gift for Christmas. :)

FBR
11-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Jenny, it is a delicate situation especially if he is a good customer,. Collets idea might fly.

FBR

sol_de_pr2
11-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Well, you know, he IS old. In his case it's part of the aging process. Be happy he has the $$$ for you ;)

SportsWriter2
11-26-2003, 12:18 AM
You could come back to K2U, which has no flaky guys.

jennymodel
11-27-2003, 04:08 PM
:D Okay, It's back to K2U! Hope you are ready for me! [wiggle]

neverwas
11-27-2003, 05:14 PM
this may or may not be dry skin. It could be psoriasis, a genetic skin disease. It is NOT contagious, but it can be embarrassing to him. So, if this is his problem, there isn't any way to mention it to him without embarrassing him. It can get worse with age, it can get worse at different times of the year, winter is bad, it's also made worse by stress.

Moisturizers and so on won't help, may even hurt.

About all you can do is decide to keep seeing him or avoid him, as politely as possible.

jenna2479
02-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow. I know this thread is old but I'm curious to know how jennymodel wound up dealing with the situation. It probably is psoriasis, and I'm sure he knows it's there. I work with a girl that has the same thing from medication she takes. With some people, nothing helps and moisturizer will just insult him. I say deal with it. Saying anything would be rude. Would girls like it if a guy told them about their stretch marks or crooked teeth or hairy stomach or a mole or birthmark? Nobody is perfect and he's probably self conscious enough.

jennymodel
02-15-2004, 10:14 PM
:)I only wanted to tell him because the flaky skin was getting on me....I don't think a flabby belly and all the other things mentioned end up falling off onto the other person. No, I didn't tell him and I just deal with it. Fortunately his skin is looking and flaking much less lately. Maybe he took care of it himself.

sol_de_pr2
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
:)I only wanted to tell him because the flaky skin was getting on me....I don't think a flabby belly and all the other things mentioned end up falling off onto the other person. No, I didn't tell him and I just deal with it. Fortunately his skin is looking and flaking much less lately. Maybe he took care of it himself.
Or maybe he signed up for SCJ and read your post ;D