PDA

View Full Version : The hustle

sallylou
07-16-2003, 05:08 AM
Hustling to me means....
getting around the room, saying hi to everybody, striking up some friendly conversation, and hopefuly (and usually) getting a dance or two out of it.

I've heard guys here complain about the hustle and I've also walked up to guys in the club who immediatley spurt out, "I'm not here to get dances...just have a couple beers." (Those of course are the most fun cause you gotta work it without them realizing it! LOL

What is your definition of the hustle?
Why do you like/dislike it?

Luv,
Amber

bikerdoll
07-16-2003, 05:48 AM
For me the hustle is all about getting as many dances as you can and really working the crowd. Hustling means you are in the mind set to make money and lots of it! I think hustling to guys means that the dancer is screwing him out of money by being dishonest in some way.

fishnet
07-16-2003, 07:34 AM
LMAO...Amber you always seem to do everything right instinctively. Nobody likes to be sold anything! Particularly guys with money in their pocket. That's why the trick is to sell/ hustle without the guy knowing your selling. LOL. Pretty much what I said in your "wanna dance" thread. Stay and talk after you have been turned down. Anything to make the guy think he's special and it's not about the money and a girl will be successful. Running around the floor asking each guy for the order in 10 seconds just won't work. That's running around like a chicken not hustling. A dancer that's a 10 may get some dances that way just on the lust factor but there better be some personality there or ultra hot dances or it will be 2 and out.

doc-catfish
07-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Its not as though "hustling" is a bad thing. There is just a certain etiquette to doing it right. I don't mind being asked if I'd like a dance, I just hate having it done every five minutes or being asked before the waitress has even taken my drink order.

I hate to dispense advice on how to hustle appropriately, because the tipping protocol at a club sometimes determines what is the best way to approach a customer.

A former ATF of mine had her approach down pat.

ATF: How are you feeling tonight?
DC: Oh, I'm fine.
ATF: Just fine?
DC: Yeah.
ATF: I think you'd feel even better if you had a lap dance.
[oogle]
And I just sort of nodded my head in agreement!

Another time she danced for me, I got her attention by giving her a larger than normal stage tip (hint girls hint, as I can't believe how many dancers miss this cue) and when she came over to me after her set was done, she just KNEW that I wanted some dances and didn't even ask.

ATF: You just wait right here, because when I come back, you're MINE! [love]

Five minutes later, without saying a word she came over to my table, gave me the "come hither" sign, took my hand and led me into the private dance area. And she gave superb dances, every time.

Sadly she moved away shortly after that, which although sad for me, was probably good for her, because with hustling skills like that, she'd probably bank at places with deeper pocketed clientele. But God I miss her.

Spanky
07-17-2003, 04:13 AM
Its not as is the best way to approach a customer.

Another time she danced for me, I got her attention by giving her a larger than normal stage tip (hint girls hint, as I can't believe how many dancers miss this cue) and when she came over to me after her set was done, she just KNEW that I wanted some dances and didn't even ask.

ATF: You just wait right here, because when I come back, you're MINE! [love]

Five minutes later, without saying a word she came over to my table, gave me the "come hither" sign, took my hand and led me into the private dance area. And she gave superb dances, every time.

Sadly she moved away shortly after that, which although sad for me, was probably good for her, because with hustling skills like that, she'd probably bank at places with deeper pocketed clientele. But God I miss her.

Dr. WOW she sounds good. I can just image the "come hither" look you refer to.

I hate the hustle when a dancer walks down a line of chairs, pointing her finger at a guy from three feet away and asking, "want a dance?" and move on down the line to the next guy. Other girls come over, sit have a minute of small talk, introduce themselves, etc., before asking for a dance. Guess who I'm more inclined to have a dance with? And on more than one occasion, I've had a dance with a girl who I wouldn't have thought I'd enjoy, but who turned out to be great...all set up by a personal approach.

X
07-17-2003, 06:36 AM
The hustle is good. IF it means being friendly to the customer and being respectful. This is done by not leading him on and lying to him. Telling him he is a stud is ok...telling him he has a chance of dating you (and he has no chance) is too far. Some girls dont know the difference and see both as a means of increasing their income.

Amber, what you think of hustling is great...just as long as you take a "no" as a "no", not as a "ok, stay at my table for 10 more minutes and try to change my mind"

When i took my friend to the club one time, he had his mind set on not getting any dances at all. Well he was successful at not getting dances when 5 or 6 girls approached him with the "do you wanna dance?" line, until some girl approached him with "hey, i'm xxx...whats your name?...how are you doing?....are you ready for a dance?". He ended up leaving with a smile...

Dreamer
07-17-2003, 06:59 AM
Hustling would be the active pursuit of attaining some goal such as making money, finishing a task, or meeting some deadline. It is not casual socializing.
A certain amount of hustling is acceptable. As they say , nothing happens until a sale is made. A sale not only means monetary but it could be philosophical as well, as to establishing a point in a discussion.
I realize that some hustling is necessary to keep the economy moving but my reaction is the same as I have to high pressure salesmanship. Don't push too much on me too soon. Don't try to sell me more than I need or want.