PDA

View Full Version : The point of lap dances

Pages : [1] 2

sallylou
05-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Man.... I just wrote a whole post and erased it by accident! Grrrr >:(
Anyways...
What is your outlook on getting lap dances?

I've come across quite a number of guys (seeing as I've only been in this business a week! LOL) that will say they do not understand the point of getting a lap dance! The best analogy I have heard was this one guy who said, "Well, it would be like me being an Ethiopian and you coming up to me saying... hey... I'll dangle this bowl of rice in front of your face, get it so close you can almost taste it, but then you can't eat any of it after all!" I was literally on the floor laughing after hearing this. He never did end up buying a dance :( but we had a really good conversation after this... he was a riot! :D After this though, whenever a guy would say they didn't see the point, I would just "secretly" agree with them ;) and then proceed to tell them this guys analogy. I'd proceed to get them laughing and then after a lil "magic" on my part LOL, they would not only buy one dance, but at least two!!! So much for their theory! LMAO
So what do you consider "the point" of a LD to be?
So, what's your outlook on why you do or do not get lap dances? Is there a point to them?

money
05-01-2003, 03:28 AM
Amber, I have my reasons for getting them (even though I have cut back big time because of money), but I will not state on this board why I get them! ;D

sol_de_pr2
05-01-2003, 03:33 AM
I know that, generally speaking, I won't get any further than having the opportunity to have some kind of physical contact with the dancer and enjoying her company, chatting and joking around with her. It's really a lot of fun if the dancer's into it and really enjoying herself and it makes me feel quite invigorated, having seen a near naked or naked lady dancing on my lap.

coolshot
05-01-2003, 03:43 AM
well I'll you my personal take on LD's and the general consensus here in san francisco. For me, I love LD's and don't really care as long as I get good light grinds and some TnA play. Its kinda fun being kept arosed for extend periods of time. I really don't get off on LDs because I wear slacks and boxers VS going commando in thin shorts.

Alot a guys are hard-core johns due to the fact that the nude strip club scene here is essentially musical brothels. The main point of an LD is basically a test or to get aquanted with an unfamiliar dancer. If things go well, it goes straight into negotiations for extras.

This provides a slight problem for me as their aren't any decent lap factories in my area where I can get long sets of laps. Usually with a dancer it will be one or two then it will be propostion for VIP(something like "let me give you a blow job" lol) if you decline but still go for laps, quality goes south and they will look around the place alot looking for potential scores.

05-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Well I have an unusual opinion of the two way full contact style lap dance, I actually find them a turn off and I only got one- that was enough. I stick to air dances now.
It is not a turn on to me to have a women who will let absolutly ANYONE touch her most intimate body parts. Seems to me that those types of dancers have little to no self respect and that is a huge turn off for me. Again, I know I am in the minority of men to feel this way, however I think the point of a grind, full contact dance is to get the customer to orgasm- eventualy. In my mind it is simply a smokescreen for prostitution and not dancing in the least.

MaxFL
05-01-2003, 05:13 AM
It's all about teasing and physical contact for the LD itself. The more complex picture is that LD are a part of the more intriguing "game" of spending time with a pleasent and sexy girl who is available to chat and in few cases to have fun with you. To me the scope is not of the single LD but the time spent with the dancer.... therefore I would nevr buy one single LD from a dancer unless she shows absolute no interest in what she is doing and/or does not make the "game" interesting. If I were looking for the real sexual experience, I would agree with the guy who invented the story of the Ethiopian.... in my case it would be more like the Ethiopian is lucky and uses to eat regularely but still you teas him with the mouthwatering dessert ;)

lestat1
05-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Well my take on LDs has been shaped greatly by the clubs in my area and my early experiences. My first club experience ever was at a high-contact club (around here anyway). I sat on the couch like a deer in headlights (it was just after my 18th birthday) as she enthusiastically ground into my lap. Then she started moaning in my ear in between some very dirty talk. As if I wasn't overwhelmed enough at this point, she then grabbed my hands, and placed them on her breasts...I was stunned, I was breathless, I 'lost control' before the end of the first song! :-[ (remember: my first lap dance ever). As I sat there trying to recover, she just laughed and told me to sit there and rest for a while (I think that naughty little vixen enjoyed molesting the shy, naive young 'un I was at the time...aww who am I kidding, I still am!)

A few other clubs with one-way contact during LDs, and then I finally turned 21 and went to the 'upscale' club in the area. Topless only, zero contact of any kind. These dancers were beyond hot, and jaded as I was from my previous high-contact experiences, I would have enjoyed it greatly if it weren't for their attitude. I've been there only twice, and both times the dancers there acted as if being in my presence was a terrible burden. They gave very half-hearted air-dances with an aura of contempt before snatching my money and leaving...so I'm not left with a good feeling about air dances.

So, I have nothing against air dancers or the customers who partake, but I feel like a sucker when I buy an air dance. It's just too much like her saying: "Ha-ha! I'm hot and all you can do is look and eat your heart out, loser!" It somehow taps into my bitterness issues.

I like a light-to-medium contact LD, sensual, hands to myself or on her, it's all good. It's about good tease vs. bad tease. Hot nekkid' girl standing three feet away, bad tease. Hot nekkid' girl sitting in my lap, turning me on and getting me really hot 'n bothered, very good tease!

-lestat1

05-01-2003, 08:31 AM
About the contact... I can understand how full contact can be a turn off for you... kinda like sleeping with someone who's been with a ton of other people.
!

Amber

Indeed that is how it appears to me and exactly why it is a turn off. I do ofcourse understand it is a job however, in many ways no differnt than an A list actress doing nude scenes.

I guess for me personaly it is like seeing someone owning a Viper and letting anyone with a couple of dollars drive it, despite what their driving record or ability may be..... if the car were a Pinto I wouldn't care very much but since it is a Viper, I just couldn't stomach it. And well, I see most of you ladies as being Viper quality yet being treated like Pinto's. It just doesn't sit well with me. And knowing of and spending money in and on air dancers and clubs, it is hard for me to fathom why so many dancers choose to work full contact clubs, especialy where the customers touch you- when it is dancer only contact I understand alot better, but I wouldn't even shake hands with many of the guys I see groping dancers they seem so unclean. But if the dancer herself is comfortable with what she is doing, who am I to judge.

doc-catfish
05-01-2003, 09:05 AM
I must correct you. I have lots of self respect,esteem, and confidence... I'm happy with who I am and what I'm doing... I enjoy my present jobs (teaching figure skating being one of them)and have always had the outlook on life that if you don't truely enjoy what you're doing... you should find something else no matter how much money you're making. Cause if you love what you do, you'll do well. I would only have disrespect for myself if I was stuck in a place I didn't want to be and wasn't happy there.
I wish we had more dancers in the world with your line of reasoning. I see way too many walking around that club with that "I'd rather be fishing" look on their face. I've always felt there are dancers who got into the business to avoid doing real work, and ones who acknowledge that it IS real work. So thanks for being one of the latter. :)

About the contact... I can understand how full contact can be a turn off for you... kinda like sleeping with someone who's been with a ton of other people.
I think for a lot of us, particularly the older guys who were going to clubs in the days when the nudity and contact rules weren't so liberal, still long for the days when there was something still left to the imagination. With the onset of ever higher and higher contact during laps, "the way we remember it" when we got started, is becoming a thing of the past.

That point taken, I'll take a good one-way contact dance anytime! :D

electric_head
05-01-2003, 09:16 AM
So I can look in her eyes longer!

yoda57us
05-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Note to self: search mapquest for directions to woonsocket....

mr_punk
05-01-2003, 12:10 PM
my reasons for getting LD are very basic and primal. i just go for plain carnal fun. i don't go to SC to use my imagination, looking for conversation, or "real" relationships. i only want to use my reptilian brain in a SC. if i wanted to be entertained by dancers on stage or some air dancer 6ft away from me,i would go see Twyla Tharp. or i would take a pile of money, soak it in gasoline and set it on fire. the level of satisfaction is about the same.

05-01-2003, 01:07 PM
. if i wanted to be entertained by dancers on stage or some air dancer 6ft away from me,i would go see Twyla Tharp. or i would take a pile of money, soak it in gasoline and set it on fire. the level of satisfaction is about the same.

Ok I am going to break my rule here for a moment to ask this question:
Are you saying that in your opinion that seeing Twyla Tharp would give you the same satisifaction as watching money burn? If so, I pity your sense of artisic value. I do hope I am mis-understanding that.....

As for air dances- the ones I buy and are offered are directly in front of me 1 or 2 feet away at most ,not 6 feet away. Very large difference there

money
05-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Mike, this is great that we have a public forum here that we can all agree or disagree! But remember what you are dealing with: STRIPCLUBS!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CHURCH GROUPS HERE! The way you put these dancers on a pedestal in your posts is incredible! Face it, guys get dances cuz they wanna get aroused! Plain and simple!

sol_de_pr2
05-02-2003, 12:50 AM
I second money on this one. If I wanna meet a nice, religious girl I'll go to church (a major accomplishment in my case). But if I go to a strip club it's to be entertained, teased and aroused.

05-02-2003, 05:03 AM
Mike, this is great that we have a public forum here that we can all agree or disagree! But remember what you are dealing with: STRIPCLUBS!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CHURCH GROUPS HERE! The way you put these dancers on a pedestal in your posts is incredible! Face it, guys get dances cuz they wanna get aroused! Plain and simple!

Yes but arrousal comes in differnt forms, which I have clearly stated I understand. No where did I mention religon. For you my opinion of women, which dancers are, may be putting them on a pedistal but trust me on this they see it as respect- which is exactly what it is and nothing more, nothing less. Respect something I see and read many other customers do not give them. Seems some posters here have issues with me not being willing or wanting to disrespect dancers.

money
05-02-2003, 06:17 AM
Confucious say: A STRIPPER MUST RESPECT HERSELF, BEFORE SHE CAN GET RESPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Anyhow, the majority of the dancers (I dont mean the ones that post here or SW), are bad apples. IMHO Why do you think customers expect more from dances now? Because the dancers started being more aggressive, and doing more. That is why guys get dances.

mr_punk
05-02-2003, 06:53 AM
And 12 inches is certianly vastly differnt than six feet. I'm just over 6 feet tall, things would be vastly differnt if I were 1 foot tall. It is pretty ignorant in my book to say there is little differnce between 1 and 6 feet.

::)well, since my previous answer was obviously too subtle for you. allow me to clarify that statement with a more pedantic response. an air dance 1 or 2 ft away rather than 6ft,may be of considerable difference to you. however,it makes no difference to me because it's still an air dance.

05-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Confucious say: A STRIPPER MUST RESPECT HERSELF, BEFORE SHE CAN GET RESPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Anyhow, the majority of the dancers (I dont mean the ones that post here or SW), are bad apples. IMHO Why do you think customers expect more from dances now? Because the dancers started being more aggressive, and doing more. That is why guys get dances.

Good point, I guess that is why I personaly choose to spend my money on air dancers because in my opinion the other types are just not respecting themselves and
allow other to disrespect them as well. I find it sad because many of these ladies are very kind and sweet otherwise.
This may not be a popular opinion around here but despite what some posters here think I am allowed to have it and express it, just as they are allowed to have and express their thoughts and opinions.

Dharmabum
05-02-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm not trying to bust your balls and you are certainly entitled to your opinion; but I find it somewhat hypocritcal to differentiate on a moral basis between "air dances" and "contact dances". No matter how you slice it, the point of SC's is to sell sex, irregardless of whether the arousal is due to fantasy or contact, it's still basically the same thing.

05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
the point of SC's is to sell sex, irregardless of whether the arousal is due to fantasy or contact, it's still basically the same thing.
You as well are entitles to have and express your point of view, that is what a forum like this is supposed to be about.
However,
I disagree- the point of a S.C is to sell entertianment. To some sex is entertianment, I agree with that, but not everyone on planet earth feels that way, but thats splitting hairs I guess. It is not a moral issue. I don't see a person who is disrespecting themselves as immorral.
"Oh but that is a moral judgement" is a phrase used all too often by those who are unable to accept anothers difference of opinion. Not once have I written that I feel contact is moraly wrong, just that dancers who chose to do so appear to ME to be lacking self respect. That is an opinion, I am not nor have I ever claimed it to be anything else.

aggieed
05-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Well I have an unusual opinion of the two way full contact style lap dance, I actually find them a turn off and I only got one- that was enough. I stick to air dances now.

Wow...I never thought I would meet a guy who preferred air dances to full contact dances. While I certainly don't agree with that, it's your money, and you can spend it as you wish.

My viewpoint is completely the opposite. "Normal" full contact lap dances bore me. I'm so jaded that anything less than full two-way contact (and then some) is, in my eyes, a waste of money for ME.

Joe12601
05-02-2003, 11:01 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh......funny thing is you can have a hundred great lap dances but, one bad one can spoil you on the whole thing.

Why I get 'em...?? good question Amber..I know that when I get them it's always a spur of the moment thing..I don't go to the club thinking "tonight I'm getting a dance from so and so..."

Joe

SportsWriter2
05-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Air dancers fill a very important market niche for guys who can't get it up. To each is own for whatever reason.

Chuck149
05-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Geez, we are analyzing this topic to death. Let’s cut the s**t. You guys gotta lighten up. :o

Some of you are talking like going to strip clubs is a job. To me it’s still an adventure. ;D

The point of lap dances is that they are fun. [trip]

Whether they are contact or no contact dances as long as they are fun and enjoyable to the buyer, it's money well spent. When they cease to be fun, it’s time to spend your money on something else.
Like more BEER ! [cheers]

sol_de_pr2
05-02-2003, 11:33 AM
I second money on this one. If I wanna meet a nice, religious girl I'll go to church (a major accomplishment in my case). But if I go to a strip club it's to be entertained, teased and aroused.Ok, Chuck, go ahead and delete THIS! [devil]

05-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Air dancers fill a very important market niche for guys who can't get it up. To each is own for whatever reason.

EXCUSE ME??????? Just because someone like myself prefers not to have a dancer who has been or may have been touched or touches every guy, despite their level of cleaniness who walks into her club with the right amount of money does not mean I or we can't get it up. What a downright ridiculous and inflamatory remark! Not to mention that the level of beauty that I personaly have seen at no contact clubs so far surpasses that of dancers I have seen at contact clubs. Same goes for cleaniness of the club, level of service an so forth is much much better at the no contact clubs. L.V clubs being the exception.

yoda57us
05-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Sporty: There were airdances and erections long before contact became accepted.

SportsWriter2
05-02-2003, 01:55 PM
Mike, you told us your reasons over and over.... I was responding to aggieed's surprise that anyone would prefer airdances. Your reasons don't account for a significant market niche, but erectile dysfunction does.... I have empathy. I can't get it up for fake boobs.

05-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Mike, you told us your reasons over and over.... I was responding to aggieed's surprise that anyone would prefer airdances. Your reasons don't account for a significant market niche, but erectile dysfunction does.... I have empathy. I can't get it up for fake boobs.

Was basicly forced to repeat myself, having a differnt point of view/opinion here is unacceptable :-/ to some

and just where do you get that erectile dysfunction is the main reason no contact clubs have customers? Come on dazzle us,please! Sounds like another rude remark intended as an insult rather than something based on reason or logic.

mr_punk
05-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I disagree- the point of a S.C is to sell entertianment. To some sex is entertianment, I agree with that, but not everyone on planet earth feels that way, but thats splitting hairs I guess.

boy, it looks like i was wrong. i thought stripclubs like, other business in the sex industry,sold sexually oriented entertainment. i thought that the nudity and interaction with the dancers drew the male customers into the club. no,i guess we all go to the stripclubs to see the stylish set design, creative costumes and fancy dancing which are really performed by professional dancers. no, wait...that was the movie "Flashdancers". nevermind, i'm just splitting hairs.

fishnet
05-02-2003, 04:08 PM
What's the point.... it's all good! The teasing, the turn on, the coversation, the fantasy. The best part is the feeling when you leave. My fav works magic. I leave grinning like a chesire cat. A mental high almost. The spell can last almost a week when done right. You just walk around with this stupid grin on your face and smile when you remember a certain part of the night. It's this spell that creates the addiction. After a week, you need another fix. ::)

mr_punk
05-02-2003, 06:59 PM
It is not a moral issue. I don't see a person who is disrespecting themselves as immorral. "Oh but that is a moral judgement" is a phrase used all too often by those who are unable to accept anothers difference of opinion. Not once have I written that I feel contact is moraly wrong, just that dancers who chose to do so appear to ME to be lacking self respect. That is an opinion, I am not nor have I ever claimed it to be anything else.

is it really an opinion or a moral judgement or a little of both? most people sense of morality is coded in binary opposition. good and evil, black and white, legal amd illegal,etc. thus so when you make statements like:

Seems to me that those types of dancers have little to no self respect and that is a huge turn off for me. Again, I know I am in the minority of men to feel this way, however I think the point of a grind, full contact dance is to get the customer to orgasm- eventualy. In my mind it is simply a smokescreen for prostitution and not dancing in the least.

and

Good point, I guess that is why I personaly choose to spend my money on air dancers because in my opinion the other types are just not respecting themselves and
allow other to disrespect them as well. I find it sad because many of these ladies are very kind and sweet otherwise.

a backhanded complement?

or

it is hard for me to fathom why so many dancers choose to work full contact clubs, especialy where the customers touch you- when it is dancer only contact I understand alot better, but I wouldn't even shake hands with many of the guys I see groping dancers they seem so unclean. But if the dancer herself is comfortable with what she is doing, who am I to judge.

that last sentence is bursting with irony :). in any case, another person cannot but help come to the conclusion that it is a moral judgement based on your previous statements. remember, YOU set up the lines of demarcation between the dirty,low-self esteem contact dancers and the clean,chaste air dancers. you and no one else set them up in polar opposition. sorry, but i going to have to side with Dharmabum on this one.

but I find it somewhat hypocritcal to differentiate on a moral basis between "air dances" and "contact dances".

This may not be a popular opinion around here but despite what some posters here think I am allowed to have it and express it, just as they are allowed to have and express their thoughts and opinions.

no one is trying to silence you or your opinions,even moral opinions. however,you really can't expect the other posters on the board to check their brains at the door.

SportsWriter2
05-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Mike, I just don't understand why the subject of erectile dysfunction bothers you so much that you have to use words like "rude" and "inflammatory."

This overview comes from the Mayo Clinic website:

"Erectile dysfunction affects the lives of 20 million to 30 million American men and their partners. The term erectile dysfunction covers a range of disorders.... But typically, it's defined as the inability to obtain an adequate erection for satisfactory sexual activity."

"Although erectile dysfunction is more common in men over age 65, it can occur at any age. Still, it's important to realize that an occasional episode of erectile dysfunction happens to most men and is perfectly normal."

I live in a metro area that allows nude two-way contact in clubs that serve alcohol, but air dance and one-way minimal contact clubs make money as well. The latter draw an older, wealthier clientele. I know dozens of dancers who work (or have worked) in air and minimal contact clubs. Almost all of their regulars have erectile dysfunction. Most discuss it at some point when they feel comfortable with the dancer.

It's important to remember that erectile dysfunction does not mean lack of interest in sex, so this market niche has real needs.

EvilCyn
05-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Amber, I came across a guy last night talking about in general, "why would I have you dance for me get me all excited with a hard on and have to leave" I used your comparison of the dangling food, and he lost it.......
I had to tell you thanks, after that, he still didn't get a dance, but tipped me on stage every set I had after that.......Thanks again...Licks Cyn

EvilCyn
05-03-2003, 07:20 AM
YEA!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm sorry I got so excited at reading
" I can't get up for fake boobs"
Yes some look wonderful, but my 34a's and I love to hear that sometimes....
Licks Cyn

SportsWriter2
05-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Pretty face, natural A/B, and I can't get it down. :)

05-03-2003, 11:38 AM
no one is trying to silence you or your opinions,even moral opinions.

Yeah, Ok, surrrrre...... Again I repeat- these are my opinions, I accept that others feel differently, too bad that is such an alien concept to some others here.

05-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Mike, I just don't understand why the subject of erectile dysfunction bothers you so much that you have to use words like "rude" and "inflammatory."

This overview comes from the Mayo Clinic website:

"Erectile dysfunction affects the lives of 20 million to 30 million American men and their partners. The term erectile dysfunction covers a range of disorders.... But typically, it's defined as the inability to obtain an adequate erection for satisfactory sexual activity."

"Although erectile dysfunction is more common in men over age 65, it can occur at any age. Still, it's important to realize that an occasional episode of erectile dysfunction happens to most men and is perfectly normal."

I live in a metro area that allows nude two-way contact in clubs that serve alcohol, but air dance and one-way minimal contact clubs make money as well. The latter draw an older, wealthier clientele. I know dozens of dancers who work (or have worked) in air and minimal contact clubs. Almost all of their regulars have erectile dysfunction. Most discuss it at some point when they feel comfortable with the dancer.

It's important to remember that erectile dysfunction does not mean lack of interest in sex, so this market niche has real needs.

go ahead cover it up like cats do with cat litter, it still smells of its clear intent- FLAMEBAIT.

SportsWriter2
05-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Give it up, Mike. Just admit you're a moralist. You lose all your credibility hiding it behind other facades.... When you walk into a SC, it really helps to listen and be non-judgmental.

05-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Oh so me having a difference of opinion makes me a moralist huh? That is all it is. Nothing more nothing less. If you can't handle differing opions and likes and dislikes maybe you should avoid discussion forums. Yet again I REPEAT, these are my opinions, I understand and accept others have differnt opinions. It is really too bad you are unable or unwilling to accept and understand that someone may feel differntly about a subject than you do without screaming moral judgement. I have already stated it is not a moral judgement. I don't think persons who do or get contact dances are immoral nor do I think those who haggle over prices are immoral or evil either. I personaly think ( AN OPINION) they are lacking in self-respect and respect for others. And I have stated why I have this opinion. Agree with the OPINION or disagree with it, but it is riduclous to call someone who doesn't agree with you a moralist. End of story.

yoda57us
05-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Mike: In your first response to this thread you stated that women who do contact dances have little or no self respect. Sorry but that is a moral and a value judgement on your part. I am not dissagreeing with your right to an opinion but I am dissagreeing with your opinion. I could care less what your reasoning for it is but it's clear to me that you don't know much about women in general and dancers in particular. My ATF is from Brazil, she and many of her co-workers from that country send about half of what they make every month home to help support their families. One of my other favs is putting herself through law school by contact dancing, another is saving to start her own business. College tuition, buying a house, medical bills, you name it. Just as in any other occupation there are a thousand different stories. You don't have the slightest idea where self-respect really comes from if you think that these women don't have it. Every dancer I have gotten to know over the years has had to deal with the opinions like yours from family, from friends and from total strangers. Don't kid yourself into thinking that you are dealing with a better class of people in non-contact clubs. I'm not really sure what your thought process is here but Sporty's right, the best way to walk into a stripclub is with an open mind.

Alanna
05-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Okay, somebody answer me this question. What exactly is an air dance? Is this where there is actually nothing but air between the customer and dancer? No contact whatsoever?

pretty much, yep. basically, it's a dance that's done in front of a customer rather then on the customer... like a "table dance" or what's also called a "private dance" or "personal dance". there's no contact between the customer and the dancer except for maybe one way scant touching depending on the rules of the club. it's not a "lap dance" as in that situation, the dancer has to touch some parts of the customer just by being in his lap.

actually, lap dances first started as a private/personal dance where the dancer would straddle the customer while he was seated without actually being "in" his lap (it was more like a much closer more intimate form of the private dance. it wasn't until later that it evolved into what a basic lap dance is today. the fledgling lap dance required more actual dancing skill then nowadays. i don't even think the fledgling lap dance was even called a lap dance until dancers started consentrating on the part of the dance that straddled the customer and made grinding motions without actually touching him.

funny how back then, the fledgling lap dance was considered so intimate and risque. i think part of the fun then was that it was done publically (out of the club floor) and crowd response as well as the customer getting to work the crowd response as well had to do with their popularity.

Is this something that you pay for? I've never seen this anywhere.

a lot of guys do. i know of a couple of clubs that do the fledgling lap dance on stage... they call it the "hot seat" or some such thing. i guess a lot of guys still like the public aspect of it and they get to mug and cut up in front of all their buds. actually, they often can be a lot more popular then the basic lap dance of today because of the whole public display thing.

personally, i'd pay for a "hot seat" type of dance before i would the more intimate basic lap dance just cause i'm a bit of an exhibitionist and it's just more fun for me because of that. yeah, i'm female, so maybe my lack of a penis has something to do with that, too. what's kind of interesting though, is i'd figured it would be the older guys that would enjoy the "hot seat" type dances more since most of their stripper experience goes back to those days (and even the stage only days), but from what i've seen, it's by far mostly the younger guys that dig the "hot seats"... again, that probably has a lot to do with the exhibitionist factor.

there's no doubt that there's still a market for air dances. very upscale clubs often only provide that kind of dance, yet the very upscale clubs certainly aren't losing any money because of it. actually, i know a lot of guys that have stopped going to strip clubs because they don't like the "brothel" type atmosphere that they're becoming (now, where i live, there really is no place that doesn't provide basic lap dancing even in the most upscale of the areas clubs... in fact, in this area, lap dances that don't include much grinding are called "air" dances even though the dancer is still in the customer's lap).

being only familiar with the type of SC entertainment that Houston provides, i can see that you'd be befuddled by the fact that most other areas haven't narrowed their customer base down to one single customer type... those that are going to SC's to get off.

yoda57us
05-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Amber: It's funny, many dancers tell me it's tougher getting up on stage and taking your clothes off than it is doing a private lap dance. I don't equate having a drink to relax with having a problem but I agree that if a woman has to be drunk to do any job she definitely has a problem and lack of self respect is part of it. I agree that we are talking about a small minority of dancers here. My issue, as always, is with generalizations. Treat each individual with respect until they have given you a reason not to. If dancers are all drunks with no self respect than customers are all pathetic losers who can't get a woman to come near them without paying for it-obviously, neither of these scenarios is true.

Chuck149
05-06-2003, 12:04 PM
"If dancers are all drunks with no self respect than customers are all pathetic losers who can't get a woman to come near them without paying for it-obviously, neither of these scenarios is true."

Well I love lap dances and I don't consider myself a pathetic loser and I think ladies that perform contact dances are just doing what thier paid for.

I actually had a guy ask me if I'd unvirginize (sorry, don't know if that's a real word or not) his 24 year old friend the other day for $1000...

You mean "deflower" LOL I'm up for that ;D

lestat1
05-06-2003, 01:52 PM
"If dancers are all drunks with no self respect than customers are all pathetic losers who can't get a woman to come near them without paying for it-obviously, neither of these scenarios is true."

I actually had a guy ask me if I'd unvirginize (sorry, don't know if that's a real word or not) his 24 year old friend the other day for $1000...
I smiled and asked him, "Does your friend know he's such a pathetic loser that you're trying to pay people to get him laid?" LOL
The guy laughed and bought 5 dances (and only dances LOL) from me!
So, this customer theory may have SOME truth in it!!! ;)
Luv,
Amber

OUCH! That sure tells you something guys: as much as women complain about men who sleep around and are players, a 24 year-old virgin who can't get sex is a "pathetic loser." The guy could be great, just simply shy or insecure for whatever reason. Not that I condone illegal prostitution (and I'm hoping Amber's reply to him was more to shut him up for being so ungentlemanly as to suggest it to her, and not her true feelings about the friend). Sure is a common attitude though...and women wonder why men act like horndogs seeking as much sex as possible!? Sometimes I think our society is doomed; of all the wonderful or horrible qualities a man could possess, what matters quite often? How much p***y he gets! ::)

-lestat1

jersey_chillin
05-06-2003, 02:53 PM
strip clubs are not brothels, at least not in the united states. reasons for getting lap dances vary from brief sexual stimulation to just having some extra money and everyone else at the club is doing it. its hard to go to a nude club and not get one, especially clubs where the dancers keep asking you "would u like a lap dance" over and over again. one time during an ohio state game, everyone at delilahs was watchin tv and the same dancer asked me 6 times in 40 minutes if i would like one, and the club was packed! regardless, lap dances are great at most clubs. air dances are pointless, a waste of money. u can get the same havin a girl on stage come up to you and touch herself in your face for $1 or $2.

lestat1
05-07-2003, 05:30 AM
Ok Amber, that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

JM
06-10-2003, 09:51 AM
What's the point? Well....being over 35 yrs old its nice to have a sweet young THANG sitting in my lap. Let's face it....how many of us out there over 35 can get someone that is under 25 yrs old?

No offense Amber...I know u are around 27.

lame_moniker
06-10-2003, 01:15 PM
or i would take a pile of money, soak it in gasoline and set it on fire. the level of satisfaction is about the same.

Other things which I consider to be more entertaining than airdances, and just as cost effective:

1. Leaving a stack of $20s as toilet paper in a public restroom, then watching the reaction of the first guy who finds them.
2. Emptying the contents of my wallet into a storm drain. Slowly. One item at a time.
3. Wadding up bills and throwing them into large crowds.

But in all seriousness, fun is the crucial thing. If you find air dances are fun, good for you, knock yourself out. It ain't my thing.

The LD is all about adventure with an exotic lady who likes to play. The point is to do something fun, on the edge, and a little dangerous. It's a diversion, a change of pace, out-of-the-ordinary. A good one has me thinking about it for days afterwards.