PDA

View Full Version : How to maximize my earnings??

jennymodel
05-27-2003, 04:32 AM
There are only so many songs in a shift and if you sit and talk and only get paid for the songs when you dance then how do you make more money without performing "extras" or sex. ??

jennymodel
05-27-2003, 05:12 AM
Okay, I'll get a part-time job as a sugarbabe :D

Chuck149
05-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Help Wanted:
Sugarbabe! Pay is commensurate with services provided. Good working environment, part-time hours.

Contact Chuck

bostonboy
05-27-2003, 10:23 AM
What kind of club are you talking about. Table dances, VIP? I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean how do you encourage more private dances? It's not like you can sell real estate in there.

BoneDaddy
05-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Granted, table dancing (without extras -- hmmm, and come to think about it, even with extras) is pretty much labor-intensive. That is, there is a fixed amount (depending on the rate) that can be earned in a given window of time. That's true with any fee-based pecuniary reward system.

Of course, there are always tips. Personally (having been accompanied to many clubs by my talented and beautiful ATF and thus essentially trained by her), I try to give a generous tip to dancers who sit with me and spend time conversing.

IMHO, in the long run, I think the really talented dancers and those who cultivate good rapport with their customers tend to reap more greens than the bottom-feeders and hustlers--who quickly get pegged as such by the customers. When I see a dancer jumping from table to table, I guarantee you she will not ever be tipped by me.

Now, as for the supplemental income suggestion (solicitation?), why not just go for the full-time position in lieu of the part-time one?
[joker]

05-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Jennymodel--

While this may sound cynical, I think chatting with customers is kind of like marketing in sales. While some guys may be there just for the dance, I think a lot of the guys come in for the female companionship (as well as the dances [winky] ). The more you chat with them, the closer you get to them, and the more likely that you will get repeat business. A great dance is one thing, but if you can give a great dance AND hold a good conversation, he'll be more likely to come back and seek you out. I don't care what anyone says, ultimately the guys fantasize about you seeing you as a potential g/f, whether or not they actually want to date you. If he gets a great dance but thinks you don't have any sincere interest in him, thinks you don't have anything to say, or can't stand your company ....it might burst the whole g/f fantasy...

In other words, while chatting may not make short term money, it might lead to repeat business therefore long term money. Then again, I'm not a dancer...this just comes from my own intuition and conversation w/other dancers....dancers, what is your opinion on this?

05-28-2003, 04:37 AM
Short answer: dance more songs. I know, ;) much easier said than done ofcourse...

try increasing your sales pitch, your marketing techniques.....
Read or listen to a book called How to Sell Anything to Anyone.....
It will help you close the deal and get you dancing to more songs.

MaxFL
05-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Like you said, there is a limited number of songs during one shift which means a limited income. I guess, you can not pretend to be able to have a LD for each song. Therefore I would say that the smart move here is to plan for long term higer income: use the songs with no LD old to do marketing for yourself.... talk to the customer and make sure you'll gain it's business for the future.... basically... better a chicken tomorrow than an egg today! LOL

espy
05-29-2003, 01:14 AM
J,

This is just one non-regular guys opinion.

This may be easier said than done but you have to be able to read the clientele. You have to tell who are the regulars and who are not. From what I can tell the regulars lean toward the girlfriend chit chat and dances and the others, say the group coming back from a ballgame, come in for little to no chit chat and want to get the most bang for their buck in dances. You have to choose which route is best to take.

The clubs that I go to have what I would call a test drive or cabaret dance. The dancer approaches as I sit at a table and gives a sample lap dance costing a couple of bucks. Or, if no test drives available, I go up to the tip rail and see what type of response I get from the different dancers. Like I said, I'm a non-regular so I'm not into the chit chat and neither are my dozen or so friends that would accompany me to a club. So, we like you and spend a bunch of money without the chit chat and you can then move on to the next. I always think that you should make rounds around the whole room. On the next round you may see the same faces or new faces. If the same faces liked you from before they will go with you again. If they don't, do a test drive for a new face.

As for the regulars, I think it is chit chat leading to more money and they may even have more money then the others.

You may want to test chit chat vs. no chit chat.

Set your schedule for the same days and times for the next two weeks. During week one, run with the chit chat and see how the cash comes in each day taking into account any oddities (special event, holiday, the Yankees in town...). Then try the hit and run routine during the next week keeping track of the same stats. At least you'll have some data to base your decision on how you should proceed.

As my dad always used to say, "opinions are like ass*****, everybody's got one!"

Best of luck!
sp

PS: I supervise a customer service staff of ~20 people. It's all about paying attention to details and then remembering them.

Chuck149
05-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Jenny, Amber makes some good points here. I've seen the lines ;) Actually I've been in the lines ::)

If you appear to be enjoying your job, have nice intelligent conversations with as many customers as you can and give a sexy, sensual LD.... you'll bank, especially if I'm in your club ;)

FBR
05-31-2003, 02:40 AM
Amber most guys love details ;) LOL

doc-catfish
05-31-2003, 03:32 AM
Here's one that I'm sad to say so many dancers miss.

When you're dancing on stage and someone comes over from a table and tips you with a larger bill than a George Washington, thats a sign that said customer may want some extra attention when you're done. So stop by that customers table and ask if he'd like a dance.

isabellanastasia
09-25-2006, 11:13 PM
I have been in the industry off and on for a long time now. And there is no better advice than Hustle on the busy nights and expect to talk on the slow ones. NEVER speak about the other dancers at the table with a customer because he will want that girl not you! Smile at all times, always stop at there table after stage and never say anything negative first!

Deni
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Er...just to let you know...this thread is over 3 years old...