PDA

View Full Version : Conversation Starter

sallylou
04-23-2003, 11:54 PM
What do you think is the best way for a dancer to start a conversation with a customer?
At what point into the conversation should a dancer ask if the customer would like to get a dance? (assuming tact is used here!LOL)
What is the best way to leave a conversation without seeming rude or making it look like you were just looking for a dance?... I've used the , "Well, it's been great talking with you. Thanks... but I gotta get back to work." That works well, but I want more options! LOL
Thanks!!!
Luv,
Amber

EvilCyn
04-24-2003, 01:23 AM
I will usually ask what they are out for today.......
Then I have an idea, are they out to party and have a good time, stopping for a beer on the way home..... A bad day and want a little pick me up.......
I will sit for 2 or 3 songs and chat, I like an idea of the mood thier in, and if the decline a dance but are buying drinks (our bar has a drink quotq and it SUCKS) I will excuse my self for a few and tell them flat out, I need to see if anyone would like a dance, but I will be back if you like ....For the most part they understand, we are thier becuase it is our job and we like money like everyone else....
If your not leading them on, playing the head games, then honesty should work out just fine.....Licks Cyn

Prester_John
04-24-2003, 03:30 AM
For me, you can always start a conversation by an analysis of the merits of Otto von Bismarck's 'realpolitik" approach to nation building in 1871 Germany, or talking about the impact of Stonewall Jackson's Valley Campaign of 1862 during the early stages of the Civil War, or comparing and contrasting pre- and post Cromwell England, or by discussing the French Colonial failures in Indo-China in the 1950s that culimated in the disaster at Dien Bien Phu......

or you can just say "Hi, you’re kinda cute" :-D

TheAdam2326
04-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Definitly start off with a hi followed by a compliment. wether it be what they are wearing or something unique, once you have established that the person is in there for the long haul and not to just have a beer and run then I would say it is safe to ask for a ld.

sol_de_pr2
04-24-2003, 07:32 AM
If a guy keeps looking at you while you're dancing you can say something like "Guess you enjoyed my dance, huh?" and pick it up from there ;).

electric_head
04-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey Miss Amber,
I pick something out on a dancer eyes, tat, hair something I like and tell them about it then go from there.

Joe12601
04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
One of my old favs would like eyes across the room and just stride towards her intended....you couldn;t help but say "hi' once she got to you..

Funny thing was she was really very shy...

RealGuy
04-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Buy the way Amber I like how your gaining from this board. Now I'm not one to go for the drive by "want a dance lean in". Nor the sit in back of the club and then tour the room approach. I usually go with the dancers who are always sitting with a customer. ON the do list:)

1) Eye contact, while saying hi I'm Amber.
2) sit in a chair next to me and chat about the club and why I'm out.
3) Sit right in my lap and make your self at home!
4) Notice something about me and point it out.
5) Talk sports like "To bad the Lakers lost <insert score> tonight, I'm here to make you laugh and forget.
6) Tell a good joke! My god sometimes I really do need that kick off laugh.
7) Ask do you like soft skin as you take my hand and place it on some part of your body. Pierced belly botton area a sure thing here!
8) "My shoes are killing me" as you take of shoe and place your foot in my lap. NOte I've noticed that most guys are not into this one. But if you do it right they get a looksee of what is under your skirt. Works for me, I'll rub the foot for a song or two. Usually gets the dancer to sit and relax while I get turned on to her.
9) My all time funny favoriate - a girl walked up next to me and said "My god she does take it up the a _ _"! as she grabbed my hand and put the other around me in a sideways hug.
10) Just be yourself and be warm and open.

Thanks for asking RG

cmkrnl
04-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Actually if you really want to start a conversation with a guy you need to know what guys like to talk about, besides sex. Let's say you are committed to a couple of songs worth of chat with a guy (or a table of guys) before the 'why don't we go have some fun' bit, which btw is a fine way to ask for a dance in my book. Sit down and say 'I am shopping for a new car but the dealers are jerking me around and seem so scummy. Do you know anything about buying cars?' This will get most guys talking about something guys have a tendency to be very opinionated about but is not at all a controversial subject. They will say 'what are you looking at buying, you say a KIA (have a lame car in mind), that will get their blood to boil. Well, what would you suggest? Now they are doing the talking, advising poor poor pitiful you on the intricacies of car purchasing and trading your used car blah blah blah.

'Wow, you sure know a lot about cars!!! Why don't we continue this over there"

04-25-2003, 10:05 AM
here's something that recently happend to me...

this dancer on stage was dancing very un-enthusiastic, and giving off neg vibes...so afterwards she went to me and asked me for a dance. when i said no thank you..she says "ok well can you just give me a dollar...come on"..... i gave her a dollar and thats it...

1. always be enthusiastic or happy on stage...guys dont want someone who is not having fun on their lap. A good stage show = more lap dances. Also it helps if you tease the guy when he tips you...like grab him and breathe in his ear or something...or do something seductive...

2. when a guy says "no thank you", smile and walk away..he might change his mind later; acting mad or whatever is a sure way to never get a dance from him later.

04-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Oh and don't try ripping him off...

i go to a club where its $20 for all nude in the vip section, and $10 is for topless at your table....so i got a dance from a dancer and she asked if i went here regularly...i said no, (but i didnt tell her i've been there many times, just not regularly).....i wanted to do just topless...she didn't take me to the vip so i assumed it was going to be topless....but she went all nude...i was fine with paying her $20 for the first dance..but after it was over i said "i just want the topless dance" and she says "there are no topless dances here"....BS, she just wanted more money

So i got one more and that was it....gave her $60...but found another dancer and got the $10 dances and spent much more than $60 on her

Kittie
04-25-2003, 11:46 AM
RealGuy suggested telling a joke to the customer to kinda break the ice and make them laugh a little.....this is a joke that one of the bartenders told me recently. (It's kinda nasty though)

An 80 yr. old woman goes to the doctor. She tells the doctor that she's experiencing some discomfort in her genitals. The doctor examines her, runs some tests, and comes back to give her the results. He says, "the reason you're feeling so umcomfortable is because you have crabs." The old woman is shocked and confused by this and asks the doctor, "how can that be? I've never had sex before. I'm a virgin." The doctor agrees that this is strange but says again that she has gotten crabs somehow.
Well the old woman decides that she wants a second opinion, so she goes to see another doctor. This doctor examines her, runs some tests, and comes back with the same diagnosis: crabs.
Really frustrated now, the old woman goes to another doctor for one last opinion. She says, "before you do any tests I just want to say that I've been to two other doctors and they both told me that I have crabs, but I know that can't be right because I've never had sex. I'm a virgin." The doctor proceedes to examine her, runs some tests, and comes back and says, "well you're right. You don't have crabs. They're fruit flies. Your cherry's rotten." :o

chet
04-27-2003, 07:18 AM
The first thing you should do is ask the customer his name, and remember it. He'll be imressed when you greet him by his name the next time you see him.

You can talk about anything (ie. clubs, music, sex). However, don't talk about your boyfriend, husband, personal problems, or other dancers. Trust me, it'll ruin the mood.

Use the two song rule when you chat. You don't want to waste your time or the customer's time as well. Depending on the club, two songs usually last 4-6 minutes which is not a bad investment. By then, you should've gotten a feel for the customer whether or not both of you clicked. Then, with your seductive and piercing look, pop the question by saying, "Would you like to play with me?"

If the guy turns you down, smile and politely excuse yourself by saying, "I'm going to see if someone else wants a dance. Is it okay if I see you later?" This is one polite way of saying to the customer that time is money. Also, you've got another opportunity to ask him the next time around. Don't settle for just a "thank you" and leave. Always ask the customer if you could see him again.

got it?:)

SportsWriter2
04-29-2003, 06:42 AM
I think this would work for dancers because it always works for me. I ask a dancer to tell me one thing she would want me to know about her. It says I'm interested without being intrusive. I get all kinds of unexpected answers. One told me she was the girls Class C state pole vaulting champion in high school. We talked track and field even during the dances.

fishnet
05-02-2003, 07:43 PM
This only worked because it was true...

A dancer approached me, introduced herself and asked if I wanted some dances. I said: "No thanks. I just got some from dancer x. The response: Oh really. She is a friend of mine and likes to play with me." After being turned down she talked for another 5 minutes before excusing herself. She said: "I'll be on stage shortly. Come and sit on my rail." I did and she rocked. She gave me a little extra attention and approached me again later for dances. This time she got a yes. She only got 5 dances that night but made well into the 4 figures over the next 3 months. Staying to chat after being turned down made a huge difference. :)

Surrender
04-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Your so funny. }:D