PDA

View Full Version : Restrictions...

sallylou
04-22-2003, 03:35 AM
Hi...
The club I just started working at has a rule that you can not approach customers at the side of stage. I know when I go to a strip club, I usually sit by the rail, no where else. So my question is how do I get them away from the rail to ask about a dance? Have you ever heard about a rule like this before? I mean I kinda understand it because you don't want to "steal" tippers from the girl on stage, but at the same time... what if these guys are interested in buying dances? I'd think they'd be more like to buy one then the guy hanging out in the back corner!
Like when Chuck came to the club, he aggrivatedly (if that's a word LOL) mentioned to me that the girls don't just come up and ask for dances(of course we were sitting at the side of the stage LOL), but now I know the reason is that they're not suppossed to.
While on stage one guy said to me to let him know when I had a free moment cause he wanted a dance, but he sat at the rail all night. Finally I just went up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, smiled, winked, and walked away. Thankfully, he got the hint, but I did get a dirty look from the girl on stage. I'll ask management about it, but what's your advice?
Thanks!!!
Luv,
Amber

doc-catfish
04-22-2003, 04:11 AM
Hi...
The club I just started working at has a rule that you can not approach customers at the side of stage. I know when I go to a strip club, I usually sit by the rail, no where else. So my question is how do I get them away from the rail to ask about a dance? Have you ever heard about a rule like this before? I mean I kinda understand it because you don't want to "steal" tippers from the girl on stage, but at the same time... what if these guys are interested in buying dances? I'd think they'd be more like to buy one then the guy hanging out in the back corner!
Aren't club etiquette and tipping protocols just a pain in the ass? One of the most frustrating things about strip clubs is there are too many UNWRITTEN rules. I wish owners would have the sense to write them down somewhere or abolish them. Customers aren't going to learn them by osmosis, and I'm sure a lot of guys (particularly newbies at that club) aren't having as good a time as they could be having if they only knew how the operation worked.

Nonetheless, I think the "rail seats are off limits" rule is a good idea as it encourages customers to sit up front and tip rather than sit back and the tables and nurse one beer for two hours. I wish they had it here where the rail seats are almost empty because not only are you encouraged to tip the girls on stage, but they will hussle you for another tip offstage when they're done, including girls who were dancing on OTHER stages that you can't see. ARRGGHH!

My advise Amber is take advantage on your time on stage (I'm not sure how close you're allowed to get to the customer while on stage) and try to make conversation from there if he'd be interested in a private dance. Another is to hustle dances away from the stage where you can. If a particular customer takes a fancy to you, he MIGHT get the message and move back to the "second row" where you can approach him. Again, the etiquette is different everywhere. You might want to ask your co-workers for ideas.

cmkrnl
04-22-2003, 04:58 AM
When they say that while you are on stage, tell them to meet you over at the bar (or whereever) when your set is done. Whisper it in his ear and tell him you'll be waiting. Tell himn it's the rules if you want. When exiting the stage make sure you give him an 'it's your turn' wink or high sign. This won't break the rules, will it?

electric_head
04-22-2003, 09:07 AM
This is no good Miss Amber, I only sit at the stage too. Doc and Cmkrnl got the right idea while your saying Hi just add keep me in mind for a dance.

yoda57us
04-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I hate to say this Amber but if I were you I'd already be thinking about where my next club is going to be. This is a dumb rule. So is having to go to the dressing room for a few minutes after your set. It's a girls job while she is on stage to sell herself to the customer, to make him want that private dance. If she is not allowed to pursue that goal immediately after her stage set she is being put at a disadvantage. I don't know where you are working but you need to figure out if the stage money is worth what you may be losing in PD money.

doc-catfish
04-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey dr_catfish ... when you say the girls hustle you for tips offstage are you talking for dances or just for extra money? Do people actually tip more once a dancer's done on stage? Never heard of that before!

Both actually. Generally this is so the girls can get tips from table customers, but they hit the stage too, in fact they hit those customers first. I'm not sure if thats to reward those guys with first crack at dances because the girls here generally do PD's in the order they were asked.

Its generally been my observation that most guys who sit at the stage are there for the stage show, and consequently don't buy as many PD's. Guys who ARE looking for dances generally sit at the tables. But in every club, the etiquette is different. ???

TheAdam2326
04-23-2003, 05:26 AM
My advice to you Amber is use the folk on pervert row as an example, do a special dance for them on stage and tell them that if they want a dance to wave you when you get off stage, but while dancing on stage for him make it great, get the crowd excited about it that way if he doesnt follow up with a ld you have the excited 2nd and beyond rowers to accomidate you money making experience.

SportsWriter2
04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Amber, your club usually has lots of guys at the stage tipping. If one of them wants a lapdance, arrange to meet him by the stairs. Then you don't have to go to the dressing room.... Most customers don't know about the rule, but they know from experience that only the stage dancer approaches them at the stage. So it's a safe haven.... In the larger picture, I think you found the right club. It's my personal favorite on Sunday nights.

Chuck149
04-27-2003, 12:22 PM
I agree with sportswriter, you have found the right club. The rule will work to your advantage when your on stage, as the stage tippers will not be stolen away for PD's.
I didn't know about the rule but in most clubs, If I want a PD I will tell the lady on stage and I will usually move away from the rail and wait for the lady at a table or at the bar so we can chat for a minute without inturrupting the next dancer by sitting or standing at the rail, just like I did with you tonight ;)

If a guy asks for a dance, just tell him to meet you at the stairs or at a table... he'll get the message. ;)

04-29-2003, 08:22 AM
what state are u guys in?.....never heard of that kind of stage rule here in AZ

MisterBlue
05-02-2003, 06:35 PM
The DejaVu club here in Mpls has such a rule. However after every two dancers on stage they have a Blue Light special, and then it's acceptable for the girls to talk to the guys at sniffer's row.

The Blue Light special consists of all the girls going up on stage, parading by the pole and then going and asking every guy in the club for a dance. On weeknights it's usually a two-for-one deal. On weekends sometimes you get a hat or shirt, which goes over big with the bachelor parties.

I'm surprised your club doesn't do something similar, some sort of break periodically to get the crowd motivated.

fishnet
05-02-2003, 07:09 PM
The club I go to has the same rule and I think it is a good one. They should post that dancers aren't allowed to solicite at the rail. It took me a while to figure out why no one was asking me for dances. ::)

When you are collecting your tips and still on stage, just ask the biggest tipper if he wants to play. If yes, tell him where you will meet him when you come right out. If no, pick the next most likely prospect.

After my fav does a stage, it takes her 2-4 songs to freshen up. I don't want to miss any action so I have her join me at the rail whenever she is ready. I put up some money for her. There is a little girl/girl when the dancer on stage comes around and she makes more. I don't miss anything or get hustled by anyone else. And my dancer does not waste time looking for me. It gets me around the restriction. Everyone knows we are just hooking up again and she is not hustling me. :) We retire to the VIP after the set. ;D