PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of visible bruises...

McCain
04-27-2003, 06:38 AM
Amber mentioned them in her thread on makeup.

We get bruises all the time in this line of work. Stage work, bumping into things, pole routines, and spike heels all contribute to the frequency and severity of the bruises. But it seems that almost invariably, when a customer notices these marks, they feel compelled to ask us quite seriously who was beating on us.

I am curious... Is this honestly the first thing you guys assume when you see a bruise on us?

McCain

electric_head
04-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Makes ya wonder sometimes.

Joe12601
04-27-2003, 08:30 AM
bruise locations...

(sorta a stripper CSI)

Knee to hip--Table bruises

bumps on knee--crawling on stage.

black and blue on the butt--slipped on pole.

burns--assholes with cigarettes..

scratches--trim your nails guyss...nothig skeevier on a man than long nails..

sol_de_pr2
04-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Honestly speaking, I usually don't bother asking where the dancer got her bruise, unless it looks so bad it has to be from something other than the usual stripclub mishaps.

Prester_John
04-27-2003, 03:32 PM
There are a thousand reasons why any human being has bruises, probably only a very small percentage has anything to do with any abuse. Unless I know the person well, I have no evidence or any factual basis to form any suspicions that her bruises came about from anything deliberate. Thus, a bruise is simply a bruise.

PJ

Joe12601
04-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Hey Prester...

I manage a hardware-powertool shop. figure if don't bleed once a day I'm not working hard enough.

MaxFL
04-29-2003, 08:41 AM
I would not ask her about the bruise, but I would think first that is due to something that could happen to anybody during the everyday life.

lestat1
04-29-2003, 04:23 PM
I can only remember noticing bruises on dancers a few times. One time, yes, I thought maybe it was from some sort of abuse--she carried herself in such a beaten-down, defeated way and looked so sad...I hope it was just a simple work-related bump. :(

-lestatdl1

McCain
04-30-2003, 01:02 PM
Hmmm... good job Joe, but you missed a few:

Tiny dime-to-quarter size bruises on butt and thies - high heel marks
Burns about face, ears and shoulders - curling iron mishaps while talking on cell phone
Bruises and swelling across forehead - the occasional fall during a pole trick
Scratches down butt - again, those damned spike heels

McCain

{Tre's note: And sometimes she just asks for it rough. ;)}