PDA

View Full Version : Blue Iguana...

Joe12601
04-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Anyone here see the fick "Dancing at the Blue Iquana"??? it's on video..not a upbeat view of the business but interesting...in a world that produces "Striptease" and "Showgirls" it's a breath of fresh air. I reccomend the DVD for the documentary that's included.

Lynn
04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Oh My God..I never laughed so damn hard then when I saw the movie "Dancing at the Blue Iguana" What a complete joke...after dancing for a couple years now, the movie was so damn far from reality is was hilarious!!!! Granted I've met some colorful characters since I've gotten into stripping, but nowhere near the ridiculous level of this movie...HAHAHAHAHAHA.........Like guys just throw fistfulls of cash at us all night long.......oh please.......
I don't fit the media stereotype of stripper, I don't do drugs, I don't have any children, I don't have a loser boyfriend, I'm not a lesbian.....I'm just a woman who goes to work, socializes, does some dances and goes home and calls that a day at work. Stripping first and foremost is a job, not a lifestyle.
Thanks for reminding me of that movie, it was one of the best comedies I've seen.

Richard_Head
04-14-2003, 04:38 PM
That movie really did suck, they played up every possible negative stereotype of dancers that they could think of, edited it all together, and called it a movie. It wasn't all bad though because Darryl Hannah did look hot.

Chuck149
04-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Yep saw that "farce". It did suck, and Darryl Hanna didn't look hot. She looked like she was "rode hard" and "put away wet" LOL

If you want a good movie about a stripper experience see "Center of the World"

doc-catfish
04-15-2003, 01:05 AM
"Blue Iguana" is probably the one stripper movie I haven't seen, but if it was even half as bad as "Showgirls", it appears that I'm not missing anything.

"Center of the World" wasn't too bad, a little eclectic, kind of reminded me of "Exotica" in a way.

I've see a lot of AWFUL straight to video flicks: "Midnight Tease", "Midnight Tease 2", "Stripteaser", "Stripteaser 2", "Lap Dancing", "Kandyland" and probably half a dozen others with Shannon Tweed in them that were so bad that I can't remember the titles.

04-15-2003, 03:14 AM
I found Blue Iguana interesting, it seemed to me that they intentional put such extreem characters together to show the vast differences of dancers out there, I think they should have added another character for positive balance, maybe a psych major working on masters or a signal mother going to tech school or something because there are many of those type dancers out there in my experience. I thought the acting was fairly good so I can't say it sucked.

Adina
04-18-2003, 11:23 AM
I saw it; it was pretty negative and full of stereotypes. However, the Jennifer Tilly "my baby is going to sell crack to your baby on the playground" bit did make me laugh, hard. I do have a sick sense of humor.

Chuck, whaddya mean about Darryl Hannah? She was 40 when she made that movie. She puts some 20 year olds I know to shame.