PDA

View Full Version : Money Retrieval

02-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Any suggestions on how to get back money loaned to a dancer?

Jackjrct
02-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Yeh, Forget about it. Unless you KNOW that a dancer will pay you back, never loan any money out. I loan money out, and I do not expect to be paid back when I do. I sometimes feel bad for a dancer. Only one dancer has ever paid me back.

We are talking about a few hundred dollars. She had the flu, missed a weeks work, was short for her car payment, rent was due, college tuition was due...felt sorry. She worked an extra shift or two and paid me back. Now if she ever needs money, I will loan it to her.

That is not to say that they are a dishonest group of girls. But for a dancer to need a loan, her finances are not in order. Someone that earns, in CT, $125 to $250 a day shift, about $600, with no deducts for 3 days of work of 6 hours a day, that's $15 for a regular 40 hour week. With no taxes taken out, so thats like a $20+ per hour rate.

I feel bad for you. I don't know how much you've given her. Has she talked to you about it? Does she avoiding you? Can you take it out in trade? (Mean a free dance now and then? NOT EXTRAS)

Good luck

money
02-06-2003, 03:35 AM
Never ever let a dancer borrow money! Don't listen to their sob stories either, cuz if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were short on cash because of some unfortunate event, they will say "later" and go on to another customer. Either pay for dances or get some other service! But don't let them borrow!

doc-catfish
02-06-2003, 04:14 AM
Any suggestions on how to get back money loaned to a dancer?

I don't let most of my RELATIVES borrow money from me, let alone a dancer. Find her and inquire about it, if she doesn't see if she'll work it off.

witt
02-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Unfortunately you may have to learned a hard lesson. Never give money to a dancer( for a loan or for dances) that you can not afford to lose.

I can't image I would go to the trouble, but if you really feel you still need to loan her money treat it like a business, charge interest, get credit references, and most importantly get a signed contract. Make sure to put in the contact payment dates and payment in full date. If the dancer refuses these steps, and most likely she will, she has no intention of repaying the loan or she thinks she can get the money easier from someone else. Even with those steps it would still be a high risk loan. Good Luck.

sol_de_pr2
02-06-2003, 05:34 AM
Why lend money to dancers? They should lend money to me ;D

Chuck149
02-06-2003, 08:55 AM
You should be at least able to have her give you dances for the money.

Yes the good old "barter" system. That's your only hope of getting anything back.

jayc
02-06-2003, 10:24 AM
i had a dancer ask me for money because(she said) she was behind in her rent. no way. being that she is beautiful i wanted to, but like someone said earlier, if the shoe was on the other foot. if she wants a ride home or something to eat after her shift, thats fine. ive done those things before, but dont loan money. ive seen to many cases like that on Judge Joe Brown

Heather_Young
02-06-2003, 10:32 AM
I've known dancer who use "loans" as a way to get lump sum "gifts" from their regulars. I find this practice unscrupuous and would never do it myself, but I've seen it happen several times. Personally, I hope as a stripper, the girl is making enough money that she shouldn't need a loan from anyone. If she needs to borrow money, there is something definitely wrong with her money management, which should make the lender even more suspicious of her ability or desire to repay the loan.

yoda57us
02-06-2003, 10:33 AM
I loaned money to a dancer once, I had known her for two years, was a regular, and we agreed that she would pay it back by doing dances for me. Basically it's a crap shoot, you may as well consider it a gift, you probaly aren't going to get it back.

SportsWriter2
04-11-2003, 11:58 AM
A loan to a dancer is just another form of money for nothing. Dancers wave MFN in the dressing room and laugh at guys who do give it to them.... Dancers like guys who make them WORK for their money. Tell a dancer she needs to get her act together as a condition of your patronage. And walk away if you need to.

04-11-2003, 02:18 PM
As a dancer, I would agree most won't pay back. I have only once, and even with good money managment, sometimes times do get real rough, got a $100 up front, from a regular. Now I've only done that once in 3 years of dancing. The agreement we made was I paid him back in dances and I gave him 7 for $100 instead of the usual 5 for $100. It worked out fine and he got his dances and I appreciated the loan.
I didn't feel comfortable about asking for the money at the time and have never done it since. I'll just put in the extra hours and earn what I need.
Unless you really know the dancer and all, I wouldn't loan money. I won't even loan anything to fellow dancers because I don't trust them myself!

Bridgette
04-12-2003, 01:21 AM
Don't loan money to dancers! If she asks for a loan, that is a clear sign she has problems, and if you give her the money it should be your own understanding that you won't get it back. I loaned money to a girl I trust in my current club over a week ago, at the beginning of the night, because she said she'd give it back to me as soon as she made it that night (most of us don't bring money to work and I had done some early dances). It was only $35, but I got busy that night and forgot to ask her for it before I left, and I haven't seen or heard from her since. I definitely trusted this girl, and don't think she'd intentionally try to shaft me, but she usually works more than once a week, so needless to say I'm beginning to change my mind.

RealGuy
04-12-2003, 07:27 AM
This discussion is a great thread!! My hope is everyone who reads it, undrestands that it applies to giving money "Loan" to anyone! I think heather's post about something being wrong with her money management skills is so key. Thanks to all the people who provided grat feedback, this should be in the life 101 book! RG

RealGuy
04-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Sorry Heather, that came out wrong! I was talking about heathers comment that the dancer who is asking for the loan money management is not working right! MY mistake!! RG

yoda57us
04-12-2003, 02:17 PM
I go to clubs alone because, among other things, I got tired of friends who plowed through their cash in the first 15 minutes hitting me up for loans....which they never paid back.