PDA

View Full Version : Why Strip Clubs?

04-09-2003, 08:42 AM
I've been to maybe 3 strip clubs in my life and I am 24 years old. I've never had a lap dance before. Strip clubs were fun when I used to go to them, but with a girlfriend now, I don't really have the desire to go, she pleases me in everyway, however, she is a cool enough gf that she wouldn't care if I went, as long as I give her a heads up, but strangely, because she oks it, I don't have the desire to go at all.
Anyhow, my question for all you guys is, how many of you are married or are in relationships, and are you open and honest with your wives and girlfriends about going to strip clubs and about how much you spend, and, how often you go? Also, curious, I'd like to know the reasons you go to them, is it because you don't enjoy your relationships, gf/wife not hot enough, and to what extent do your activities at strip clubs include? See see, no touch? Or some touching? Do you consider this cheating, do your wives/gfs? Would your wives/gfs if they knew? And if you lie or withold this strip club activity info from your wives/gfs, how do you justify it? I'm just very curious about this subject, lucky for me, this has never been a problem because while I like strip clubs, I don't feel the need to go often, and if I did, my gf is totally cool with it. However, my friend is in this predicament, his gf doesn't want him to go, but he's always been into strip clubs. Your feeback would be appreciated.

--John E.

electric_head
04-09-2003, 09:04 AM
That's some list John,
Happily married over twenty years. yes-don't ask don't tell,about $40(I don't drink),about once a month,I love nekkid women,lookie only,no,no Hope I got that in order ;D

sol_de_pr2
04-09-2003, 10:36 AM
40 years old, still single, unattached, I do have family members who worry but they can't do a thing about it. I go to be entertained, not to get dates (although I'm open to it if the dancer wishes and I get to know her very well). Go occasionally so to not get broke ;D.

doc-catfish
04-09-2003, 10:57 AM
40 years old, still single, unattached, I do have family members who worry but they can't do a thing about it. I go to be entertained, not to get dates (although I'm open to it if the dancer wishes and I get to know her very well). Go occasionally so to not get broke ;D.
Someone is the same boat as me. Thanks Carlos, now I don't feel so bad! ;D

Truth be told, if I ever DID get attached, my clubgoing days would be OVER :'(, particularly if my SO did an exceptional job of attending to my needs, and I just don't feel doing stuff behind one's back is very healthy for a relationship. That and I in no way could afford to do both. Maybe for a friend's bachelor party, but thats about it.

I think after people have been together awhile, (particular after children enter the relationship), the ol' sex life gets sort of a crimp in it, and people start straying to other sources to have their needs met. I won't be so confident to judge, because everyone is in their own unique situation. While some women are highly against that sort of thing, others are more understanding.

John E, if you're happy with your GF, there's no need throwing a wrench into works by going to strip clubs, unless of course she's curious and you could take her with you. It could be a very educational and fun way to enhance your relationship.

For the record, I hit the clubs roughly once every 4-6 weeks and depending upon my mood and the environment, I'll drop $75-$150 a trip. If I'm on vacation, I'll splurge a bit more.

MaxFL
04-09-2003, 10:59 AM
34YO here. I used to go to clubs when in Dallas few years ago. I was alone there and used to spend time at SC instead of a usual bar. It's an easy way to sit down relax and have someone to spend time and have a conversation with even if you're not going ou with friends. Now I have a GF and I still go once in a while when i miss the atmosphere. It's just a "game" for me to play when I do not have anybody to go out with.

mr_punk
04-09-2003, 11:15 AM
two thoughts flashed thru my mind as i read this post.

1) what an astonishing display of naivete. it makes me wonder if i was ever this young??

2) REGISTER

Zabrina
04-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Just wondering--- If you have a SO and a good sex life, do you still go to the club?

SuperDude
04-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Many wives are threatened by strip clubs because the young hard-bodies are competition for a husband's attention. Trying to tell them it's just for fun is a waste of time. An insecure wife will not accept a husband going to strip clubs, nor will an insecure girlfriend. I go, too often, when I am between relationships and I get a little lonely for contact.

RealGuy
04-09-2003, 05:15 PM
I'm with Superdude, I also only go to strip clubs when between relationships. When I first start the transition from my old relationship to the new one I tend to go into a cave usually work by butt off at work, then I get extra money in the paycheck and go out to a club, get some great reminders of beautiful women. And then I'm out of the cave. Maybe hit the club three times and then a new relationship will pop in within a month. When in a relationship I would not even think of going. My SigOther always supplies the fantasy, the reality and the intamency. Hey, nothing beats waking up to that beautiful face on the pillow next to me! With the sun coming up bouncing off her hair. RG

RealGuy
04-09-2003, 05:18 PM
PS - love ambers post!!

Pryce
04-09-2003, 06:51 PM
In a commited 8 year relationship that means everything to me. Great, exciting sex for years. But, I still enjoy the clubs (though I rarely go). When I go, she's usually with me.

I fail to see why many think the two are mutually exclusive. If you are in love you can still enjoy seeing naked ladies. I'm not looking for sex or love in a club. Maybe that's where the problems begin...

Btw...have your buddy get you a lap. :)

sol_de_pr2
04-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Just wondering--- If you have a SO and a good sex life, do you still go to the club?IMHO, Mariah, having a S.O. and a good sex life does not necessarily mean that one should not go to a strip club. One goes to a strip club to be entertained. It is not a place for dates. So the civil status of the respective clients should not be an issue when it come to strip club clients.

sol_de_pr2
04-10-2003, 12:30 AM
In a commited 8 year relationship that means everything to me. Great, exciting sex for years. But, I still enjoy the clubs (though I rarely go). When I go, she's usually with me.

I fail to see why many think the two are mutually exclusive. If you are in love you can still enjoy seeing naked ladies. I'm not looking for sex or love in a club. Maybe that's where the problems begin...Hey, you are an inspiration to us all, Pryce! Just hope that should I ever be blessed with an S.O. she won't mind that I go every once in a while to a club or is hip on going with me.

04-10-2003, 03:11 AM
42, widower... I go to clubs about once a month. I spend $300 - $1000 per visit between champagne, dinner and VIP time/dances. The dollar amount is not as important to me as the quality of my time in the club and I am lucky enough to be able to easily afford it.
I have a 8 year old daughter and don't want her to feel as though I am replacing her mother so I am specificaly not dating until she is old enough to understand things better. However I still crave and enjoy the company of lovely ladies and find that clubs provide that nicely for me. I choose to spend time with dancers rather than other women because neither myself or the dancers are at any emotional risk and all our needs are met. If I still had my wife or was in a serious relationship I would not go to clubs except maybe to entertain clients. I do not feel it would be cheating unless contact is involved or an emotional connection developes. I do not see that air dances are any differnt than watching a 3 am cable soft core show or reading Playboy. I am of the opinion that contact does cross that line though. I venture that most men would feel cheated on if their wives/gf's were touching other men in the same fashion as they do during full contact dances. But mostly I wouldn't go because I would rather spend that time with my wife or g/f.

Chuck149
04-10-2003, 03:43 AM
It was put beautifully by someone to me the other day while in a bar-like strip club. I'm going to paraphrase since I can't remember the exact words:
You'd think the wife would rather have ya go here than to a bar to drink. The beer is cheaper, it still has sports, music, everything same as a bar, but with titties over there! Here I can't bring anyone home, but at a bar I have a pretty good chance... better than here anyways!
You got it. Strip clubs have everything I’m looking for in entertainment. Great music (sometimes LOL), food, Tv’s to watch all of my favorite sports, reasonable drink prices, a chance to have good conversation with a beautiful lady that is not looking for a relationship and best of all NAKED LADIES. What’s not to like?
My wife knows that I go to strip clubs when I’m away on business. However, she never asks about my visits and I don’t tell all. We have been together for 29 years and she knows I have always come home to her. She also knows that I go to clubs to fight the boredom of a business trip and not looking for sex.
Now I’ll grant you, after 29 years of sex with the same woman, it can get a little stale for both of us. Hell it can get stale after 5 years LOL Watching a young beautiful lady dance naked or almost naked and having her stroke my ego for a night translates into some exciting sex when I return home.
Although I have been known to almost blurt out my ATF’s name on occasion LOL we have some of the greatest sex ever after a return from a club.
It’s better than therapy.

electric_head
04-10-2003, 06:15 AM
[quote]
Watching a young beautiful lady dance naked or almost naked and having her stroke my ego for a night translates into some exciting sex when I return home.
we have some of the greatest sex ever after a return from a club.
It’s better than therapy.

You got that right Chuck! 21 years for me on Friday 8)

yoda57us
04-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Why Strip Clubs??? Why Not? ;D