PDA

View Full Version : When Other Dancers Eavesdrop

sol_de_pr2
04-06-2003, 05:05 AM
Last night I had a great time in Divas. Spent it mostly with one of the newer Divas dancers, a tall slender Colombian-American. At the VIP room I was having a great time with her, but noticed that at least on two occasions other dancers would enter the room, check us out then leave. Like, hello, it's the bouncer's job to check on us and make sure there's no funny stuff going on. If I want to do funny stuff I'll go to a club where I can grope and fondle. I respect this club's rules. Have you ever had any similar experiences?

electric_head
04-06-2003, 05:43 AM
That is a little weird. You should have asked them if they wanted to make it a two way dance.

sol_de_pr2
04-06-2003, 07:19 AM
Nope, I'd go broke if I did ask :-[. How about asking if they had other clients so that they could enter the VIP room >:(.

Bridgette
04-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Carlos, I can tell you that alot of girls at Divas are a bit jealous of this Columbian-American dancer. Every night there are girls in the dressing room talking about how she really has no physical beauty (too skinny, no butt, not that pretty, etc), but that she always seems to be making money. Personally, I agree that she may not be that physically hot, but she has a personality I like, is very feminine, is intelligent, and definitely knows how to make money. I have talked with her quite a bit since she started at Divas and I think she's cool, but I know most of the Puerto Rican girls are jealous of her because, frankly, being latina she is more competition to them and she is just plain better at the game than most of them. I have also heard a couple of comments about her from girls who seem to think she must be breaking the rules because they can't see how she could be doing so well when, as they see it, she is so much less attractive than they are. I say that if there are girls checking her out in the VIP, they are just jealous and suspiscious, and are trying to 'catch her in the act' so they can rat on her and, hopefully get her fired. It is really stupid of girls to be so jealous, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Also, I think some of the eavesdroppers may just be curious and trying to figure out what she's doing/saying that makes her so successful. That is also often the topic of discussion when her name comes up, and I always tell them it's her personality, intelligence and feminity. I mean, let's be honest, many dancers are NOT exactly the most feminine women on the planet. ;)

sol_de_pr2
04-06-2003, 11:49 AM
I wholehearted agree with you, Bridgette. I'd figured that it had to do with jealousy, because otherwise these girls would be doing just what both of you and others do: Floorwork. I noticed that most of the Puerto Ricans tend to sit around in groups, joking around and waiting to be asked for dances. If all clients actively pursued dancers, well maybe it wouldn't be necessary to do floorwork. But it's not that way with most clients. Dancers should do some effort to ask around, even if they don't get a client to dance for. But having these girls mingling upstairs and in the dressing room is bothersome at times. Unfortunately last night, one of those "lookers" was one of the Americans, one with a long brunette hairpiece on. My dancer was annoyed like hell at all the eavesdropping.

You know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I feel that this particular dancer is very very attractive (I pretty much have no particular body preference other than a girl should not be TOO short) but most importantly she has personality to boot. Besides, not all Puerto Ricans are fat assed or big titted, so why do they complain. It's the bouncer's job to make sure the rules are being complied with.

These dancers resemble those in other clubs I've been out west. They hang around the bar with their good friends and only ask for privates when they're onstage or expect the guys to walk to them and ask. So be it.

mr_punk
04-06-2003, 01:18 PM
smells like good old fashioned Dancer Politics. i'll give it about a week before she becomes the club slut or one of the girls puts broken glass in her dancing shoes for some imagined insult.

Bridgette
04-06-2003, 03:12 PM
I agree with both of you. This girl to me is very nice, and the eavesdroppers are just being jealous and childish. Ignore them and let them rot in their own mire.

Carlos, that one 'American' you refer to isn't exactly American (I'll explain in PM later). I also agree that most of the Puerto Rican girls at Divas don't try to work enough and get into other people's business too much. There are a few who work their butts off, but most of them hang around upstairs or at the bar too much. I think the American and Canadian girls tend to work harder because we come from clubs where if we didn't work our butts off we'd starve! As for your new fave, well I think she's nice and like I always say, beauty comes in all sorts of variations, not just one particular brand. What one likes may not be what someone else likes, so who cares? Miss Colombian-American is smart enough to know that the eavesdroppers are just jealous, and I'm sure she also knows how to take care of herself ;) I also noticed alot of people watching every little move I made when I first started at Divas - they gradually backed off and the same will happen with 'M'.

sol_de_pr2
04-07-2003, 01:28 AM
Well, I did edit my message, Bridgette, because, come to think of it, it's good to have more than one fave dancer ;). If I'm not able to hook up with you I'll hook up with her, and vice versa, and with the Canadian, too, if both of you are busy ;).