PDA

View Full Version : is there a such thing a too many dancers?

mr_punk
03-29-2003, 12:37 PM
once,during lunch at an outdoor cafe with a friend. she noticed me looking at a woman which resulted in the following conversation.

friend: you like her?

mr_punk: what's not to like? she's very lean and it looks like she works out.

friend: she looks skinny.

mr_punk: she's not skinny. she's very toned. there is a difference, you know. anyway, there's no such thing as being too thin.

friend: so you would date a woman who looks like she has an eating disorder?

mr_punk: no (shaking my head, no)....well....(i pause and assume a thoughtful pose for a moment)....yes (shaking my head,yes). at least, i won't wake up in the middle of the night worrying what she's eating.

friend: pig! (looks at me with newfound disgust)

i have seen threads where dancers complain about the number of girls being hired in recent years. i have also seen threads where patrons describe the many ways dancers can wreck any potential business from customers. is there a correlation between the two issues? i think so. while,i can sympathize,but the advantages far outweigh some of the unpleasant disadvantages. does anyone else buy this theory?

GoldCoastGirl
03-29-2003, 03:04 PM
In answer to the question...
Can there ever be TOO many exotic dancers... I would have to personally answer: It depends.

I feel that you can't say YES or NO to this question because there are a few variables to take into account.

Some dancers only do it once or twice a week hence leaving at least 5 other days to fill with other dancers. The club itself might be promoted as a club with plenty of girls on instead of just 4 or 5 each day of the week... the money itself.. is there enough money to go around?

etc etc

mr_punk
03-30-2003, 05:54 AM
think of it this way. say a club can seat only a 100 patrons. of course, you wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of customers to dancers. how about a 4:1 or 10:1 ratio,etc? i'm just asking is there a point at which both dancer and patron can both be comfortable? lately, the sc's i've been attending, the ratio has been skewed heavily in favor of the customer, no matter what time of day or week. which is okay with me, but you get hustled a lot harder and more mercilessly in such situations because the dancers know that they have to make the most out of any customer they do manage to land. That can make for a bit of a bad atmosphere too.

Chuck149
03-30-2003, 06:18 AM
I think a club is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the amount of dancers for a particular night. If it’s busy and they don’t have enough dancers, then the customers complain. If it’s slow and they have too many dancers, the dancers complain. They can’t win. Also many clubs book dancers with the anticipation that some of them may not show and when they do all show up, there are too many dancers.
I do agree that a large dancer to customer ratio makes it rough on the customers, as it increases the hustle factor.

Listen, I wish I could dance with them all, but the strange disease called “lackoffunds” begins to creep in :(

Geez there’s a thought, to have enough funds to get LD’s from every lady in a club in one night. I wonder if anyone has ever done that ???

electric_head
03-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Geez there’s a thought, to have enough funds to get LD’s from every lady in a club in one night. I wonder if anyone has ever done that ???

I wish I could!
I'm po but I'm proud :D

Bridgette
03-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Yes there is ABSOLUTELY such a thing as too many dancers!

With too many dancers, from a customer's perspective, the girls become overly competitive and mercenary when it comes to hustling, which usually results in a less-than-wonderful experience for the customer. Guys begin to complain that the girls are approaching too often and asking for dances too much, and that they are trying to work them too hard (too pushy), and that they are barely able to sit down (or sometimes not even seated yet) before girls are circling like vultures. However, some enjoy the experience, getting a weird ego trip from having so many girls coming around and taking sick pleasure in turning us all down.

From a dancer's experience, it gets too competitive and difficult to make money, and forces us to either become more ruthless (unpleasant for us) or go home with no money, having wasted our time and paid the club to be there for nothing. Guys become less inclined to spend money because they can sit for hours looking at all the eye candy for free, and get off on being able to say no to so many beautiful women - or because they're just tired of being hustled so much. Everyone gets tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over - dancers and customers alike.

Having too many dancers on the floor is a recipe for a bad time for all but the very lucky FEW. And frankly, most of the time it's the club owners and managers who are to blame for this. Most don't give a rat's ass how good or bad it is for anyone as long as they collect the dancers' house fees and the customers' door/drink fees. In my opinion, the only way for a club to be motivated to control the number of dancers is to have a system of getting a portion of all dance money spent - then they can directly track the number of dances sold versus number of dancers working, and see patterns in dancer numbers relative to lost or gained dance income. When the club has a vested interest in making it easier for the girls to sell dances, then they have a reason to control dancer numbers. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all that can be disastrous for both customers and dancers.

This is a big reason why I like my club. They see their own income suffer when there are so many girls it becomes difficult to sell dances, so they have to have some limit on how many girls are working. It makes for a better atmosphere for everyone. :)

mr_punk
03-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Guys become less inclined to spend money because they can sit for hours looking at all the eye candy for free, and get off on being able to say no to so many beautiful women - or because they're just tired of being hustled so much.

perhaps sc should devise a system to make the experience more enjoyable. something like the military's defcon(DEFense CONdition) system, and call it LAPCON. you put place little colored lights on the tables to indicate your status.

LAPCON 5 - just looking
LAPCON 4 - just drinking and looking
LAPCON 3 - willing to talk and buy a drink for the dancer
LAPCON 2 - Looking for a lapdance
LAPCON 1 - "this money is burning a hole in my pocket"

electric_head
03-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh Yeah,
And have a red phone there so you can pick it up and say "Mr. President send more money" ;)

Bridgette
03-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Well sorry if you didn't like my response, but it's honest and not meant to be negative. I see it all the time - some of the guys get a sick ego-power trip when they see more girls than guys in the club, or when they see a low customer-dancer ratio. It makes them very unpleasant to deal with, which in turn makes us dancers unpleasant to deal with.

Like I said, it's mostly the fault of owners and managers who are in the business for a quick buck and the idea of easy women, not for real business. Some of the morons actually think they'll increase their overall take by just bringing in more girls to pay the house fees. It's stupid, short-sighted and only effective in distorting the business and atmosphere dynamic.

Zabrina
03-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Absolutely! My club has a huge problem with too many dancers. This is especially bad when on a Wednesday there are 65 girls and 30 customers in the club at one time. The customers are frustrated because within 5 minutes of sitting down, they are approached by 15 girls! By then they are so sick of being asked for company that they don't even bother being polite in saying no--thus contirbuting to the dancers bad attitudes!

electric_head
03-30-2003, 10:58 PM
:-[OT :-[ Your right ladies it is a lose-lose. Trying this again

doc-catfish
03-31-2003, 03:33 AM
think of it this way. say a club can seat only a 100 patrons. of course, you wouldn't want a 1:1 ratio of customers to dancers. how about a 4:1 or 10:1 ratio,etc?

I think a good customer:dancer ratio is condusive to customers having a good time and dancers making good money. I'd say somewhere in the 3:1 to 7:1 range is about ideal, depending on the club.

When it's about 2:3, (thats two customers for every three dancers), you've got problems. Hustlemania big time.
:(
Darn we don't have the new smilies over here yet.

doc-catfish
03-31-2003, 03:52 AM
In my opinion, the only way for a club to be motivated to control the number of dancers is to have a system of getting a portion of all dance money spent - then they can directly track the number of dances sold versus number of dancers working, and see patterns in dancer numbers relative to lost or gained dance income. When the club has a vested interest in making it easier for the girls to sell dances, then they have a reason to control dancer numbers.
A good suggestion B. Although that type of system could have some unforseen consequences that the dancers may not care for once the owners start looking at the data. For example, a club might suggest it could get make more money by lowering the minimum price for a dance (say from $20 to $15). The dancers MIGHT make more money too, but they'll be working harder for each dollar they make. And its experimental, so it could outright fail. You can't sell any dances to guys that aren't coming in the door.

McCain
03-31-2003, 04:30 AM
There is such a thing as too many dancers. When a club hires so many dancers that average earnings of the vast majority of their dancers fall below sustainable living wages, then you have too many girls. This is especially true in areas with large low-income populations, or very sparsely populated areas.

McCain

Bridgette
03-31-2003, 10:48 PM
A good suggestion B. Although that type of system could have some unforseen consequences that the dancers may not care for once the owners start looking at the data. For example, a club might suggest it could get make more money by lowering the minimum price for a dance (say from $20 to $15). The dancers MIGHT make more money too, but they'll be working harder for each dollar they make. And its experimental, so it could outright fail. You can't sell any dances to guys that aren't coming in the door.

Yes, I am sure a system like that would affect business differently in different areas and clubs. And it is possible that business could severely drop off at first, as customers go through an initial shock period. But, if management handles it right, they would use the opportunity to weed out less attractive and/or less productive dancers. Also, by raising their hirind standards, they can gain a reputation of having more attractive women and guys will come to check that out and they will also learn to get used to the new dance system.

At my club, they used to allow dances on couches in a certain section of the main floor, but as soon as they had the second floor remodeled, they moved all laps and VIP's upstairs and required that guys pay in advance to the upstairs bouncer or VIP waitress. The club survived that change and is doing very well. A few American customers will complain about the system, but those are always the ones who have little money to spend and won't be back because they are only looking for the same thing they have at home and we all know that ain't happnin! Also, this club raised its lapdance price from $15 to $20 and now $30 per song (over the years), and from what I'm seeing it hasn't hurt business at all. They've been charging $30 each there for a long time.

Furthermore, if a club does switch to a system of dance tickets or something, they would be less inclined to lower the dance price since they are splitting the cut with the girls - they might even raise the price! Maybe they would sell fewer dances at first, but if they stick it out, maintain good hiring standards and control dancer numbers, they would most likely see a comeback and possibly a rise in overall income.

The only drawback I see is that a club with a system like this might also decide to track dancer sales all year and issue 1099's at the end of the year. For me that's ok but for some girls that would be a bad thing. I have another idea to take care of that, but I'll keep it to myself for fear of the flames that might come ;) Suffice to say I'm doing my research and gathering my thoughts and ideas for the club I hope to open in a couple years. :)

04-01-2003, 09:14 AM
yes there can be too many dancers on a shift. it ruins it for the earning potential for the dancers and puts them in a stressed out mood, which in turns ruin things for the customers. I find that it is the clubs that are the greedy ones not the dancers.

sol_de_pr2
04-01-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't think that in Puerto Rico there are too many dancers; heck, I believe there are too few, otherwise there would be a lot more clubs than there is at this very moment. Obviously the competition would be stiffer and maybe, just maybe there would be another club like Divas. This club has no competition because it's the only club of this kind; the other Condado club, Cheetah, has been quite empty the times I've been there. If you ask the dancers, though, of course they'll say there's too many because it means they'll have to hustle a lot more in order to make a decent amount of money.

mr_punk
04-01-2003, 12:40 PM
ok so what is with the Pro eating disorders talk?
that is really fucked up dude
and just what does it have to do with your subject anyway?

wow, that's interesting. first the poster "visiting" can't use the quote button and you seem to have the same problem ;) NOTE TO MOD: i would definately start checking for multiple name users on this board.

Pryce
04-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Mr_Punk hitting the nails on the head.

04-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Pryce, screen name problem explained on other thread....

I'd still like to know what the eating disorder stuff had to do with the subject matter here, just seemed strange ???