PDA

View Full Version : Tips for First Timer

02-08-2003, 01:36 PM
HELP. Never been to a strip club, but really want to go. What do I need to know/do to enjoy my first time and avoid looking like a fool (or a first timer)? I'm talking basic stuff...like "Step 1 - buy a drink, Step 2 - find a seat" etc. How do I find out if a club even offers lap dances? How do I find out the cost? How do I let someone know I want one? Go ask, or wait to be asked? Is there a separate room for the dances? What's the difference between a LD and a VIP dance? Man, I need help.

money
02-08-2003, 02:21 PM
First things first, only bring $50.00 with you, cuz I have a feeling you are gonna blow all of your money in a matter of minutes! Secondy, just go and check it out. You will figure things out eventually by yourself.

yoda57us
02-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Log on to TUSCL.com or Stripclublist.com and check out the clubs in your area. The sites will tell you if the clubs offer LD's or not. Ignore what posters say about the clubs, it's all BS. You really do need to check it out for yourself, don't bring in too much cash and DO NOT go near an in-club ATM machine. In clubs that offer private dancers the girls will ask you if you want one. Just remember it's OK to say no if the girl doesnt appeal to you. Just be cool and try not to act like it's your first time. They're just women who happen to be naked. Most of them are very nice and just trying to make a living. Treat the dancers with respect.

02-08-2003, 04:55 PM
If you're going for the first time, it's best to stay away from big city clubs. The hustle from these places (SF, LV etc) can get overwhelming. Leave your credit card and ATM card at home. Don't drink to much and only bring what you can afford to lose.

RealGuy
02-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Hmmm the magic of the first time, here are some things I go through to get myself ready for all the fun ahead.

1) all major credit cards and atm removed from wallet and left at home, note I do NOT leave them in the car, I said at home, no need to worry about car break in. just focus on the T&A at the show.

2) I dress nice, and always have breath mints on me. Sometimes it is a cool ice breaker to offer to a dancer if ya get nervous.

3) figure out all my bills till the end of the month, and only take extra cash, note $120 is my usual amount.

4) The ladies are going to hit you hard for dances, just be honest with you answers to the "would you like a dance?". Like "No thanks, I'm not interested, but thank you for asking, or I just got to the club and would like a drink first and settle in, could you comeback in 22 minutes, or would you like a drink.

5) If you sit in looser row, "Stage tip rail", I usually go at a minimum of 2 bucks a song.

6) If at a full nude club, she can leave on her underwear during the lap dance if your not comfortable with her grinding naked.

7) Clearly state you only want "1" lap dance, or some number. Count your songs, it is easy to get lost in the moment and forget to have her stop.

8) Ask what her rules are for touching and ask her if it is OK for you to touch her, then mildly touch her and have fun.

9) don't ask if she does extra's.

10) Don't get into this price haggle stuff, it makes you look real cheap and the ladies will lable you for the night. Clearly state how many dances and what the total will be.

11) Have fun, tell jokes, be interested in her.

12) Have a coke and keep yourself in good shape.

13) Don't drink and drive!!!

14) Going away hugs are real cool.

15 Have fun!!!
RG

Alanna
02-08-2003, 10:26 PM
a "strip club" can be anything from a very attractive upscale club down to the most disgusting hole-in-the-wall dive most people wouldn't be comfortable stepping foot into. i don't suggest going to a "dive" type of club as your experience probably won't be very favorable.

if you don't know yet what clubs in your area are like, do a little research first. www.stripclublist.com is a good way to figure out what type of club you'd feel more comfortable in by checking out the descriptions of each club listed. HINT: a club with a higher cover charge, high number of dancers per shift, dress code, offers lunch/dinner, etc. would be an upscale type of club whereas the opposite would more then likely be a lower end club. although you might enjoy the atmosphere of the most upscale clubs in your area, you may not be budgeted to be able to enjoy going to one for more then a very brief period of time (which may not make for a very fun experience for you... how fun can it be if you're out of money once you get past the cover charge and a drink or two?). the comments section certainly needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or a heap of salt), but it is a pretty good way to figure out if the club should be avoided... for example, if there are comments that say the dancers are few, they're all fat and ugly and there's few customers even on a saturday night, that's probably a club you would want to avoid. keep in mind that what the information listed about each club may not be current... cover charge may have been raised, dance price may have increased, etc. for the most part though, i think most clubs try to keep that information as up to date as possible.

decide how much money you can afford to spend before going, and check that amount against the various fees and charges the club that you plan to go to has... $50 may only get you past the front door and a few drinks with a few stage tips thrown in at some clubs, but may last you for several hours or the entire night at another. obviously, the nicer the club, the more money you're going to be spending, so chose a club that fits your budget but would probably still offer enough of an atmosphere and perks to be able to have a good time.

keep in mind that some clubs have a "drink hustle" where the dancers are required to sell a certain amount of drinks. beware of buying a dancer a drink as there may be a drink hustle involved where that drink for her may cost as much as $10 or more even if it's just juice or colored water. make sure you're budgeted for that if the club does a drink hustle... keep a close eye on your bar tab. HINT: if most of the dancers that talk to you try to get you to buy them a drink (particularly in the first few moments of conversation), the club probably has a drink hustle.

as to your concern of coming off as a "newbie" to a strip club, it's better to let people think you're only new to that particular club or clubs in the general area when it comes to having to ask about dance prices, where's the private dance room, etc. rather then letting them think it's your first visit to ANY strip club to avoid being targeted by any unscrupulous workers (whether they're dancers, waitresses, bartenders, etc.) that might try to rip you off... sorry to say, there are many more of those kinds of people lurking in this business then in most others, and a virgin to strip clubs is a ripe plum to those kinds of people.

for some other hints and some do/don't advice, check out this thread:
http://www.stripclubjunkie.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general_general;action=display;num=1 041517753

although bringing a credit card or ATM card into the club can be very dangerous financially (it's too easy to spend more then you'd like in strip clubs!), i don't totally agree with bringing X amount of cash and leaving yourself no other option in case of emergency. especially for your first time in a club, it's not so difficult to end up spending more then the amount of money you brought with you without even realizing it, particularly when it comes to drink hustle, and other ways some clubs have of gouging out more money from the customers. also, you never know when something as simple as not having enough gas to get home may happen. if it was me, i'd bring the ATM card just in case. being somewhat of an impulse buyer myself, i'll bring the ATM card with me when i go out to have in case of emergency, but to curb unnecessary spending, i wrap it in a piece of paper that has written on it "YOU BETTER BE USING THIS FOR SOMETHING VITAL". i know, sounds hokey, but it actually works for me... i really hate the idea of going out and maybe end up stranded or have some other problem that requires some immediate cash to solve. i've seen so many guys in clubs that end up spending more money then the cash they brought with them without being aware of it because they let themselves get carried away or they got caught up in those "hidden" charges so many clubs have or otherwise got ripped off and end up having to borrow money from someone that's at the club with them or have to call someone to come to the club with money to bail them out... VERY embarrassing. i guess whether or not to bring your ATM card would be an individual decision based on how comfortable you are in an emergency situation without funds and how disciplined you are about spending. credit cards are always a bad a idea to bring... if they're stolen they can be used (unlike an ATM card where the thief would need your PIN), and interest charges on a credit card can be really ugly.

hope you have tons of fun your first time out! :D

Chuck149
02-09-2003, 03:50 AM
Tips form a loser who sits at the tip rail >:(

Don'ts:
1. don't sit with your mouth open at the sight of the first pretty naked girl you see.
2. don't drool, It's not cool
3. don't negotiate for a lower dance price. You'll come across as a"cheap bastard" like Lover.

Do's:
1. show your appreciation by tipping well.
2. smile a lot, it shows that you are enjoying the ladies hard work.
3. sit back and enjoy yourself. These Ladies are professionals and will take good care of you if you let them.

Good luck and have fun ;)

money
02-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Big M, you can tell Alanna is a stripper! Everything she basically says, is what will happen if you bring too much cash! You will end up spending it! She is worried about you not having any money left in case of an emergency. OK, I understand that, BUT if you bring too much cash, and you are in awe cuz it is the first time you are there, you will end up spending ALL you have, whether it is $50.00 or $200.00! See my point? As far as running out of gas, fill up before you go out. Dont go for the drink hustle BS, once again, that is the dancer coming out. As a long time customer, and I have seen it all, and experienced it all, I have to say, bring as little cash as possible, stay in the back of the club and OBSERVE what goes on. Then the next time you go, you will have some knowledge of the tricks the dancers try to pull to get money out of you.

yoda57us
02-09-2003, 05:43 AM
I see it all the time, a guy walks into a club, sees the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on, discovers that for $20 a song she will drape and rub herself all over him. 200 or 300 dollars later he wakes up and realizes that (A) She is not going to marry him no matter how many dances he buys and (B) When he stops buying dances she will move on to the next guy, hug him the same way and whisper "Hi handsome, you smell great" in his ear too. The moral to my observation is this. Bring whatever you can afford to spend, have fun and relax. Just don't take anything that is said or done in a stripclub too seriously...and remember, free advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

doc-catfish
02-09-2003, 10:26 AM
HELP. Never been to a strip club, but really want to go. What do I need to know/do to enjoy my first time and avoid looking like a fool (or a first timer)? I'm talking basic stuff...like "Step 1 - buy a drink, Step 2 - find a seat" etc. How do I find out if a club even offers lap dances? How do I find out the cost? How do I let someone know I want one? Go ask, or wait to be asked? Is there a separate room for the dances? What's the difference between a LD and a VIP dance? Man, I need help.

Well BigM I realize the first trip to one of these type of places can be intimidating but really its no different than going to any other bar, (except that there's nude or semi-nude women gyrating on stage).

If you have a friend in the know offer to have them come along with you. Offer to pay for his (her?) cover charge and drinks in exchange for an "education".

As far as whether lap dances are available or not, this will often depend upon the state and local ordinances in your location. (If club owners had it their way, we'd have full contact dances EVERYWHERE). But don't dismiss non-contact clubs. Growing up in Lincoln, NE, I didn't have a choice!

I'd recommend getting a table rather than sitting at the stage your first time around and watch the other customers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the dancers or waitresses.

Unless you're going to a really upscale place, I wouldn't bring more than $100. (Try to get a good pile of $1's, as some dingbat waitresses don't have the good sense to give you change in singles when you buy a drink). And don't blow it all on the first girl you see. If the girls come table side to solicit tips, give them each a dollar. Tip your waitress too (in some places she might be hotter than the dancers!).

If private dances ARE available (whether they're air or lap) inquire about the price and degrees of nudity and contact (some places may have more than one type). But on your first trip hold yourself to one or two. You can always come back another time for more. DON'T haggle over the price. If its too steep for you, politely say no thank you.

If there's a place that your friends recommend that you avoid, take their advice. Don't put much stock into the so-called reviews at TUSCL and Strip Club List. "Does 'so and so' still work at 'such and such' on Thursdays" is NOT a review.

Hide some of your money in an unsuspecting place (extra pocket, sock) as some clubs aren't in the best parts in town, and regardless of where they are, they do attract their share of lu-lus. Just be careful.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

Richard_Head
02-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Rule #1 to having a good time, don't haggle over the price of a dance. That is just pathetic, and for those of you who haven't realized this, the dancers do talk and when they find out you were being a cheap bastard who haggled over a couple of bucks they will ALL be avoiding you in no time what-so-ever. Rule #2, relax, you're there to have a good time, not everyone is there to rip you off, dancers would much rather spend time with someone who is fun to be around. That doesn't mean you have to spend money on every girl that stops by, just be polite and respectful, it goes a long way. Rule #3, take it for what it is, great entertainment, no more, no less, you're there to have a good time, the dancers are there to work.

EvilCyn
02-09-2003, 10:46 PM
This is thanks to all the guys who say don't hagle over lap dance prices...
************THANK YOU **************
We don't expect to make hundreds of dollars off of every guy that comes in the club....Guys trying to talk down the cost of a dance is insulting...your talking 10 to 20 dollars, not buying a car.....

Jackjrct
02-10-2003, 12:41 AM
I think $20.00 for a lap dance is a fair price for what the dancer is doing. It is a work out for them.

sol_de_pr2
02-10-2003, 12:47 AM
If you're in Puerto Rico check out my Yahoo! group and my TUSCL reviews under sol_de_pr2.

Alanna
02-10-2003, 11:43 AM
>>"Big M, you can tell Alanna is a stripper!"

so? i certainly never tried to disguise that fact here, and have no reason to do so.

>>"Everything she basically says, is what will happen if you bring too much cash! You will end up spending it!

not necessarily. apparently, you would. everyone is different in how disciplined they are about spending, where they spend, how much they spend, whether or not they will spend, or whether or not they want to spend.

>>"She is worried about you not having any money left in case of an emergency. OK, I understand that, BUT if you bring too much cash, and you are in awe cuz it is the first time you are there, you will end up spending ALL you have, whether it is $50.00 or $200.00!"

see above.

>>"Dont go for the drink hustle BS, once again, that is the dancer coming out."

funny, seems to me that i was the first one to warn about drink hustle... you didn't. what's this "that is the dancer coming out" statement supposed to mean? dancers HATE drink hustle or any other stupid promotional hustle. a club that has a drink hustle is a club operational decision, wherein the dancer has to pay out of her own earnings the inflated "dancer drink" prices the club established if they don't sell X amount of "dancer drinks"... are you implying that it's the dancers that come up with these idiotic rules?

>>"As a long time customer, and I have seen it all, and experienced it all, I have to say, bring as little cash as possible, stay in the back of the club and OBSERVE what goes on."

bringing as little cash as possible basically guarentees a customer of not having a very good time. it's those customers that sit in the back and don't spend that the dancers as well as the rest of the club staff label as cheap louts looking for free naked eye candy. it isn't difficult to notice that with your attitude, you've probably worn the "cheap lout" badge a lot.

>>"Then the next time you go, you will have some knowledge of the tricks the dancers try to pull to get money out of you."

ha... then when you go the next time, you will already have been labeled a cheap lout which you'd have to work on overcoming if you want good treatment while you're there. Big M was asking for advice on how to have an enjoyable first time strip club experience, not how to become a paranoid cheap lout hovering in the back hoping to get some free naked eye candy without pissing everyone there off too much or being asked to leave.

certainly there are a lot of unscrupulous business practices used by a lot of dancers, but that's a very stereotypical blanket statement you flung out there. however, i did make note of this unfortunate fact, and gave some examples on what to look out for.

sooooo, how is it that a definite impression is made by your post, Money, that you're under the impression that i am encouraging Big M to spend what he can't afford to or more then he'd like for my own purposes? you know, if this is what years of strip club experience has done to your attitude, you'd be a lot better off just not going anymore and spending your money on something else.

Bridgette
02-10-2003, 04:48 PM
BigM, the one tip I have other than the ones already stated: When you see an extremely hot chick doing the sexiest things you've seen in your life, be sure to check that your chin and tongue are safely off the floor and that your eyes are not the size of half dollars. That wide-eyed, drooly expression is the first giveaway that you're a newbie and (to certain girls), that they can take advantage of your inexperience. Besides, you wouldn't want someone to accidentally step on your tongue as you're drooling over a hot dancer ;D

As for the money issue, just take whatever you are sure you can afford to blow. Don't be cheap but don't throw all your money to the first good-looking girl you see. Tip, but not excessively. And when you walk out of the club with $0 in your pocket, remember that you had a good time, rather than thinking that you just blew $xx on 'what?' The ladies are there to entertain you, and when you spend your money on them, you are spending it on entertainment - nothing more, nothing less.

Have fun!

RealGuy
02-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Sorry Alanna, my mispelling your name was not on purpose, you bring good points to this board! I'm gratful that we all can talk and share with out any of the TUSCL BS. I guess I forgot what it was like the first time. I've settled into my 120 for an hour routine and forgot about the wide open times. So add $60 on to my total for the two dancers at once lap dance. and another $40 for the shooter girl letting you do body shots. RG

Alanna
02-10-2003, 06:04 PM
actually, it wasn't a misspelling... technically anyway. i just spell it with 2 n's in forum's seeing as the first one i went to there was already someone that had registered my name, and it seemed like a good idea to be consistant after that so people wouldn't think we were two different people.

ok, also because i used to work with a woman in an office job that had that name and spelled it with 2 n's who was the most mean, nasty, fat, ugly, horrible woman who hated the world and everyone in it that i ever had to deal with in my life... and i get a bit of a chuckle using the name with that spelling because of her. ;) my biggest consolation is that some day she'll be dead (what a curse upon the world if she lived forever!). ;D

MisterBlue
02-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I thought Alanna made a good point about watching your money. I always make sure I keep a $10 bill stashed away to pay for parking if I'm at a downtown club.

Doesn't seem to matter whether I have $60 of cash in my pocket or $200, I always seem to find a way to spend it all. :)

RealGuy
02-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Just a quick point, on TUSCL their was some really bad stuff on the forum board. Lets not have repeats here. I think their have been a lot of good points made here. And now they are getting iffy. So lets keep it REAL. RG

RealGuy
02-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Chuck149 - said it right on, if you sit in the back and just watch, you won't have full enjoyment. As for favorite spot to sit, usually on the side second row of tabels back, away from the high traffic restroom area. I can see what's up and get to the tip rail quick if need be. So I'll start that thread. RG

RealGuy
02-22-2003, 04:17 AM
Damm Straight Alanna, Your post are really well grounded. One additional point to add to my earlier post about going out to strip clubs.

Tip rail - I go in see someone who I want a lap from, sit at the rail tip out at least 6 to her. Then leave back to my table. But one of my co workers said, he goes to a club and tips 30 bucks over 3 hours at the rail. Come on guys make room for us check her outs. And tip more if you want to be at the rail all night. My two bucks is light, but then I'm getting lapers too. but use it as base, that would be 2 bucks a song, and about 20 songs per hour, for three hours is 120. My point is if ya going to occupy a seat up front for the whole night, tip out or let the seat go. The cheaper guys sit in back. OK I may have been venting, thanks for listening. RG

doc-catfish
02-24-2003, 06:00 AM
BigM, the one tip I have other than the ones already stated: When you see an extremely hot chick doing the sexiest things you've seen in your life, be sure to check that your chin and tongue are safely off the floor and that your eyes are not the size of half dollars. That wide-eyed, drooly expression is the first giveaway that you're a newbie and (to certain girls), that they can take advantage of your inexperience.
That point taken, I'm glad that I got my "education" in a small non-contact neighborhood club! I used to be able to have a good time for under thirty bucks. Now that would barely get me in the door.

sol_de_pr2
02-24-2003, 06:23 AM
Well, catfish, I thought that going to clubs in western Puerto Rico was sufficient for me to learn but I was wrong! Divas in San Juan has been my REAL school ;D ;D

Pryce
03-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Topic = Tips for First Timers.

Behave ALL of you.

youarebad
03-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey me and some co-workers our planning to go to San Francisco to a strip club and it's my first time going. I already read other posts on advice for newbies but i was wondering if anyone knew of a good club in san francisco that was 18 and over since the two girls going with us are only 20. Also what is the standard amount one should tip and what is the typical cover at any of the clubs in the area. Any help would be appreciated thanx

doc-catfish
03-14-2003, 03:47 AM
Go to stripclublist.com and check under San Francisco. They'll give you all the details you need about cover, age limits, and price of dances.

sol_de_pr2
03-14-2003, 04:28 AM
I highly recommend tuscl.com for info and reviews on clubs. Stripclublist usually removes reviews fairly quick.

doc-catfish
03-14-2003, 10:19 AM
I agree that TUSCL gives better reviews. But a number of the comments on both sites aren't even reviews at all. They're like the following:

Joe 6-Pack: Does Brandy still work here?
Billy Bob: Dude, she moved to Peoria!
Joe 6-Pack: Bummer. I guess this place sucks then!

Either site and probably a number of others we haven't mentioned are okay. I recommend TUSCL if you want more in depth information like customer feedback. But if you just want basic info, why cough up $6/month for something you can get for free?

sol_de_pr2
03-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Either site and probably a number of others we haven't mentioned are okay. I recommend TUSCL if you want more in depth information like customer feedback. But if you just want basic info, why cough up $6/month for something you can get for free?Well, I've free VIP membership on TUSCL thru May, 2006, so that's not a worry for me ;D

03-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Try Mitchell Bros (MBOT). It's a $40 cover and the club is REALLY expensive, but it's the most well known nude club in the bay area. If you want to sneak into a topless club, try boys toys, hustler or gold club.

RealGuy
03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Real Guy Hear! Ok Go To MBOT, tip out the door man $100 for a private area and then tell him the Ladies want to experience the place! I tell ya the dancers will be totally into both sexes, clothes will be flying and fun will be through the Roof. Have fun!!! RG