PDA

View Full Version : Don't drink Coke!

ASU_Racer
02-23-2003, 03:28 PM
My roomate just got back from California with some very scary news. His sister's friend had been waiting in line at 7-11 when a Middle Eastern man in front of her was short $0.75 on his purchase. Being the kind young lady she is, without being asked, she gave the cashier the needed $0.75. After making her purchase she went outside, where the man was waiting for her. Being spooked, she quickly went to her car, but the man followed her. Now she was very scared, and was about to yell for help, but the man said, "I only want to help you because you helped me. Do not drink Coca-Cola or any of their products." and then he walked away. Being very spooked she called the police, and after they reviewed the 7-11 tapes it seems they're now searching for the man in connection to Al Queda...

If anyone tells you a similar story, they're a moron. I've already had two people tell me this urban myth, and it's absurd. Get on Google and search for "coke urban myth" if you don't believe me. I can't believe people would spread such a silly rumor. It ranks up there with the "HIV thumb tacks on gas pump handles"

Alanna
02-24-2003, 01:05 AM
"helium balloons and a lawn chair cruising the stratosphere"

Hey! I'VE SEEN THAT GUY WITH MY OWN EYES!!! lol... well, no, but that's one urban legend i could laugh at for a long time, so anything to keep it going. ;D

doc-catfish
02-24-2003, 04:04 AM
HIV needles in movie theatre seats...

Blue envelopes containing a potentiallly lethal virus...

LSD on pay phone keypads...

Asbestos in crayons and tampons...

Oh I HATE those e-mails. I have a friend who keeps passing those on to me and I have have to send back an e-mail with about ten links to pages explaining its just a hoax.

My favorite urban legend is the one about blind alligators and some really potent marijauna supposedly growing in the New York City sewer system. Its a good read.

http://members.tripod.com/~SaraAnnette/lore/sewers.html

FoxHunter
03-04-2003, 09:56 AM
I heard this one too in Oct of last year. Stories such as that are what terroism is all about.

Susan Wayward
03-04-2003, 09:59 PM
http://www.snopes.com is great for tracking down the source of these, very amusing, too. Now I'm going to look for stripper-related urban legends ;)

doc-catfish
03-05-2003, 02:13 PM
http://www.snopes.com is great for tracking down the source of these, very amusing, too. Now I'm going to look for stripper-related urban legends ;)
I think that we ought to start one and see how far it goes. ;D

I got THREE of these annoying things the other night:

- the Ollie North warned us about Bin Laden
- Clinton helped free one of the 9/11 hijackers
- the alleged $2400/minute charge for calling the 809 area code.

Some people never learn.

ASU_Racer
03-05-2003, 03:58 PM
I heard this one too in Oct of last year. Stories such as that are what terroism is all about.

If you want to call a very smart executive at Pepsi a terrorist. ;D j/k