PDA

View Full Version : Being the first to tip on stage...

MisterBlue
02-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Has anybody else noticed that nobody seems to want to be the first to throw down money when up at the stage?

So at the clubs around here the girls usually do a two song set on stage. Topless the first song, completely nude the second. Well if everybody waits for the first guy to throw down some dollars, nothing happens... The dancer will just sit up there teasing and not stripping.

So if you let this continue, finally someone in desperation will put money out, but then there isn't much time left in the sets and the dancer doesn't get the opportunity to work the whole stage. So she makes less money, the guys don't have as much fun, it's just bad all around.

It's just a weird phenomena. Anyway, whenever I can I counter it by throwing money out as seed money. It inevitably get's the ball rolling, the other guys relax and throw their money out and things go well.

Anyway, maybe this is just a Minnesota thing. I don't know. Just seems kind of weird, but ever since I started doing this seed money thing I've had a lot of dancers stop by after their set and thank me.

Jackjrct
02-11-2003, 12:16 AM
It happens here Connecticut also. That is why I always put the dollar down. Most guys figure that they will get a show without tipping. Once I have the dollar down, the dancer will come over and dance until the next dollar shows up. Since if I'm with my ATF, they know I appreciate it if they didn't dance for me, but sometimes you have to be the person that forces the others to tip.

doc-catfish
02-11-2003, 04:17 AM
Nobody wants to be upstaged by the guy sitting next to him. Usually I've found that when nobody is tipping and you throw a buck or two up there, the dancer will often do something special like take the money between her breasts or wrap her leg over your shoulder. Then EVERYONE wants a piece of the action. Once one guy tips, dollar bills start coming in from everywhere. I've helped my ATF a number of times by tipping early, even before she took her top off.

And sometimes, once their set is done, they show their appreciation for getting the ball rolling for them up on stage by asking you if you'd like a lap dance first. ;)

sol_de_pr2
02-11-2003, 04:36 AM
In my opinion it depends on the club. At my current club one must flash the dollar so the dancer gets near the client and take it. In other clubs (specially those where the dancers go offstage to lap dance for the tip) the guys take out the dollars after the dance.

Chuck149
02-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Yea, no one wants to be first. I could never figure that out. I'm usually the first one to drop the buck and it usually results in a lot of attention from the Ladies which is why I go to strip clubs in the first place.