PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

ASU_Racer
01-14-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm working on a new side project Two-Song Set (it has strippers in it, but that's only part of what it's about) anyway, I've never been to a club that serves booze and I was just curious on the procedure for buying a dancer a drink. Would it be "factual" to have a customer see a girl dancing on stage, get some drinks from the waitress, and then flag her down once she finishes dancing? Would it be more believeable to have him get her a mixed drink or a bottle of water?

Dharmabum
01-15-2003, 01:23 AM
I've bought innumerable drinks for dancers over the years, rarely have I ever seen anyone flag down a dancer though. In almost every case where I have purchased a drink for a dancer, we were talking already; usually in my case I buy shots, as I don't like doing shots by myself. In most cases I'll just ask them if they want to do a shot with me; as I understand it, in a lot of clubs the dancers actually hustle customers for drinks, though I've only seen it in one club in Kentucky. In that instance the dancer was sitting with us and asked if we'd buy her a drink, my buddy said ok and when the waitress came back her vodka and tonic (probably all tonic) cost $10.00! This was 20 years ago, and our mixed drinks only cost $ 2.50. At one of the clubs I occasionally go to they have shot girls who work the crowd with a tray full of shots (usually Jello shots), whenever I have bought one of these shots I've also bought one for the shot girl. At a business gathering I had at that club, we bought shots for all the dancers at our table, if I recall there were 4 dancers plus the shot girl. Some clubs don't want the dancers to drink at all, though at the club I usually frequent, it seems some of the dancers primarily work for the free alcohol they receive all night long.

Chuck149
01-15-2003, 01:33 AM
If my ATF is dancing, she will approach me and ask me to have a drink ready for her when she finishes. It's usually water, but sometimes a shot. But most of the time, I only buy drinks for a lady if she is sitting with me. Remember, some clubs have a drink hustle, when you buy a lady a drink it is $25.00. The waitress gets $2.00, the dancer gets $15.00 and the house gets the rest.
WARNING: Ask the price before you buy ;)

witt
01-15-2003, 03:23 AM
I know this is a real stupid question but...I have not been in a club with a shot girl or dancers that get income from someone buying them drinks. If you buy them a shot is it real alcohol ? It seem that if she worked an 8 hour shift and got two people to buy her a shot every hour she would be incoherent by the end of the shift. Not to mention what doing this every work day would do to someones health.

Dharmabum
01-15-2003, 04:32 AM
Depends; in the bars with a drink hustle, the drinks are either watered way down or contain no alcohol at all. In the place I go, yes the shots are real, the shifts are generally 4-6 hours and I've seen numerous dancers incoherent by the end of their shift. As I said, it appears that SOME of the dancers there work primarily for free drinks. A couple of the girls would probably be in a bar anyways, at least they drink for free and aren't expected to sleep with a guy just because he bought a drink. This is a small club, I doubt this kind of behavior is common in the bigger clubs.

hollyday
01-15-2003, 03:32 PM
i used to be a shooter girl before i started dancing and i used to get smashed all the time ....what a job requirement...can u handle your liquor!

Bridgette
01-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Sometimes if a guy sees me on stage and wants me to come over, he will tip me on stage and invite me to his table, or for a drink, at the same time. If he's really excited he'll just tell me he wants to go upstairs for a private dance when I finish on stage. If he sees me across the room, maybe sitting with another customer, he'll ask the waitress to bring me over if I'm not busy. I have also, on a few rare occasions, had a guy tip me on the stage and tell me he will have a drink waiting for me when I get offstage (that's usually a regular, or he asks the waitress to bring whatever I like to drink).

ASU_Racer
01-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Bridgette, your first idea is exactly what I used (I'm half way through the first draft). The antigonist orders two drinks and has the waitress tip the dancer on stage $200. So when the dancer comes off stage she heads for him, and he offers the drink. Would most dancers check their drinks, and if so how?

Dharmabum
01-22-2003, 06:23 AM
In my opinion a dancer who accepts a drink from a customers hand would either have to be very new or very stupid, unless she new the customer real well. I don't know of any way to check a drink to see if it's been drugged.