PDA

View Full Version : Starting new club database, help!

Pryce
08-09-2003, 10:23 AM
:) GirlFriday and I have started a new project. If you've tried to leave a review on our boards, you've probably found it somewhat awkward. That is because I tried to modify the forum to handle it. It's not really the right software for the job. So we've decided to write a better, easier to use, faster, more complete database system ourselves. It's a pretty big job that we're hoping to have complete by the beginning of October. The largest part of that job requires building a stripclub database that lists all of the clubs in the US.

I'm sweating already.

If you have any time to provide information we would REALLY appreciate it! As we want to keep everything in one place, if you could just reply at http://www.stripperweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=site_comments;action=display;num=106 0465970;start=0#1

There are some examples and more info there.

Take care.

Pryce
09-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Whew!! Just to update everyone, GirlFriday and I have not been sleeping over here! We've been mostly quiet because we've been working on a new look for SCJ and we've been building our club database.

The SCJ design is almost complete and we've collected and are currently editing the information for over 5000 strip clubs in the world. It's been a ton of work and we've got a lot more to do - just wanted to keep you all updated. Thanks to all those who've sent in info to help!

:)

fishnet
09-05-2003, 03:38 PM
LMAO!!! Good thing you posted Pryce. ;) I was just about to say: What has your lazy ass been uo to? You promised changes weeks ago. ::)

Looking forward to the new design!

Fish

Pryce
09-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Thought I better say before the "boss" came down on me ;)

fishnet
09-12-2003, 03:30 PM
LMAO! We are still patiently/ impatiently waiting. ;) But we will make do. The more threads we create... the more work for you and GF. Lots of sorting and new forums to create. LOL. :D

Pryce
09-15-2003, 08:02 AM
If you notice the other pages (other than the forum) have weird color things going on - it's just me preping for the new look.

I've got a class now, but I think the new look may be active tonight!

Pryce
09-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Look changed now...but what about that database?

The database now exists! We've added all the club data we have - over 6000 clubs!!! Before the database goes public I have to code software to allow searches, review, and more. And GirlFriday is going to verify as much as the data as she can. :) So there's still a lot of work to be done - I'm guessing 2 weeks - 2 months.

We'll keep everyone updated.

Pryce

DenverD
09-17-2003, 02:49 AM
OK, later tonight I can add all the Colorado clubs for you. Good luck!

Pryce
09-19-2003, 09:26 PM
After a few long nights in a row (and a day of school missed), an alpha version of the database is running. I still have to code an admin script so that GirlFriday to go through and verify the data. Once that is done, I'll double check security on the system and I'll release a simple beta version for everyone to try out! :) I'm guessing a week or so now!!!