PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Music

sallylou
12-18-2003, 10:38 AM
What do you think about Christmas music at a club? Like it? Don't like it? Don't care either way? lol

Happy_Camper
12-18-2003, 11:08 AM
I like the one's you picked, those would work. Last week someone was playing some weird R&B version of Drummer boy. I didnt see the set considering I was getting a dance at the time. I doesnt usually matter what is playing during a LD, I am too distracted. But dont know how good of a stage show it makes.

CaptainOblivious
12-18-2003, 11:14 AM
I like the two you mentioned, too.

Anything bluesy or smokey would be good (and I have heard some over the years, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment), but anything more like 'normal' Christmas music would strike me as weird.

Zach
12-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Here's what you do:

Put on some antlers, a red nose, and get another dancer on stage with you. She'll play grandma and you can spank her all to the tune of Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer.

Yeah, that would be pretty neat.

electric_head
12-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Who is this Amber person and where has she been hiding?hehe How AC/DC I want a mistress for Christmas.

FBR
12-18-2003, 03:12 PM
I think Christmas music in a strip club is kinda goofy

FBR

doc-catfish
12-18-2003, 03:48 PM
We have a local rock station here that has been running a commercial vowing unlike the other stations that they will NOT be playing any Christmas music this month (unless Godsmack covers "Silent Night" or System Of A Down does "Little Drummer Boy"). I've been listening to them a lot lately.

I suppose one or two songs wouldn't hurt, but I can't see where there's much Christmas music that would be very workable at a strip club.

...And if I hear Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" at work ONE more time...
:sing: :tired:

I did a search for songs on Google: "christmas music" "strip clubs", and an old blog entry from Susan's website (http://www.rivercitykitty.com/2002_12_01_blogarchive.html) came up on the first page. Maybe she knows some strip club appropriate songs.

SportsWriter2
12-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Amber, I like your examples, too.... I go to this one club that plays aout 40% F*ck Rap, and I'd take non-stop "O Holy Night" over that. :)

Happy_Camper
12-18-2003, 05:33 PM
..AC/DC I want a mistress for Christmas.

Ok, now I want to hear that. It would work...

Richard_Head
12-18-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure if I like Christmas music being played at the club... not even sure if I'll have it played for my sets on Christmas Eve.

Your club is open on Christmas Eve? What kind of crowd do they get on Christmas Eve? Are there a lot of clubs open on Christmas Eve?

Oh, as far as the Christmas music is concerned, bah humbug, I don't want to hear it in a strip club.

fishnet
12-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Amber, you might check out some of Manheim Steamroller's selections. They do great stuff with the classic music.

Another possibility on the lighter side, "Police Stop My Car" It's on an album called twisted Christmas. Really funny stuff. :D

Jay Zeno
12-19-2003, 12:05 PM
I agree, Christmas music seems goofy in a strip club. Cute, but goofy. Like see-through lingerie being displayed in a Toys-R-Us.

Unless, of course, all the dancers could join together for a rousing choral rendition of Handel's Messiah. Man, that gets me aroused every time.